Fat Singh And Healthy Singhs

Guest noone u knw

Guest noone u knw

I currently weigh 272 pounds, which is alot and i want to get down to 210 pounds, so an 60 pound weight loss or approx 5 stones.

Just wanted to get your opinions - does a 'fat' singh look better or worse than a singh who is of normal weight? I want to get to the stage where I am fitter. slim, musclar and healthy. Aside from giving me more confidence I think it will give me change my bad habits and maybe help me gain some peace of mind and maybe change my habits. I have been at this weight all of my life - so suggestions about how i could change it would be welcome.

Brother,

I used weigh 230 lbs. I now weigh 165Ibls. That's a loss of 65lbs.

I tried so many diets but none worked. I was always playing football and cricket but couldn't understand why the weight wouldn't come off. My advice to you would be ....diets don't work. You need to change your mindset towards food and understand nutrition. I am a vegetarian and eat everything but always in moderation. Try to eat 4-6 times a day and drinks lots of water. Don't deny youself your fav food but remember portion control! Have that one day a week where you treat youself to ice cream or pizza but don't go mad. My final bit of advice is to get fit. If you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight. Again don't go crazy working out....slow and steady. Again its about implementing lifestyle changes. Try taking up running a couple of times a week. Add a fully body weights workout 2-3 times a week. You don't need lots of equipment just a decent bench and some free weights and you'll be on your way. There is lots of information out there, get educated and I wish you all the best in your efforts.

Don't bother with fad or crash diets, the key is calories in via food must be less than calories out via exercise - as suggested above, you can eat 4-5 very small, healthy, meals a day (if you eat lots of small meals a day rather than one or two big ones, your metabolism will be faster meaning fat will burn off quicker) and try to keep your carbohydrate intake low (low sugar and white bread/pasta), and stick to foods with a decent protein content - low fat milk, daal, soya, etc. So a meal could consist of some daal with brown grain roti, some brown/basmati rice with soya, or brown grain sandwich with something like peanut butter which has lots of the "good" type fat and protein.

HIIT or high intensity interval training is a fantastic way to lose weight - this involves doing a short burst of activity (say 1 or 2 minutes of sprinting or intense cycling) followed by one or two minutes of slow walking/cycling. You repeat this for 20-25 minutes until you are within an inch of your life (!) and although the number of calories you burn will not be as high as having done lower intensity work (eg half an hour or an hour jogging or swimming), your metabolism will be raised for the entire day meaning you will be burning extra calories even when you are sitting around doing nothing. However be careful with HIIT as it is easy to pick up injuries especially if you are untrained and not used to physical exercise.

It may also be worth attempting to incorporate weightlifting into your weekly routine as the more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories are burnt at rest to maintain them. Plus, it is a good way to work up a sweat at times when you may be stiff/sore from cardio

I hope this was of use to you - good luck!

I currently weigh 272 pounds, which is alot and i want to get down to 210 pounds, so an 60 pound weight loss or approx 5 stones.

Just wanted to get your opinions - does a 'fat' singh look better or worse than a singh who is of normal weight? I want to get to the stage where I am fitter. slim, musclar and healthy. Aside from giving me more confidence I think it will give me change my bad habits and maybe help me gain some peace of mind and maybe change my habits. I have been at this weight all of my life - so suggestions about how i could change it would be welcome.

I lost 30 lbs after following Bibek (eating from Sikhs only) Bibek gives you the discipline to chose what you eat. So I would suggest Bibek this way you please Guru Ji by following his rehat and at the same time you lose weight. Its like killing two birds with one stone.

While corpulence makes one look both ugly and lazy, I don't think you have to be thin to be be healthy.

Scientists have at one time or another said butter is good, butter is bad, then good again.

In fact, some people think a high fat diet is good:

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2009/02/cholesterol-presentation-between.html

Muscle weighs more than fat, so by being muscular, you'll be weightier than the average person.

BhForce, the article you are posting is comparing very different diets to the typical western or Punjabi diet. A higher fat diet is more acceptable if you have low carbohydrate intake, but a high fat, high carb diet - which is what alot of western/Punjabi food is - is a recipe for disaster.

You say "you don't have to be thin to be healthy" but Indians by nature have a genetic predisposition to diabetes which in particular is made more likely to occur the more fat you have around your waste.

Talk to any qualified dietitian, medical professional, personal trainer or fitness enthusiast and they will agree with what I am saying.

Dude, like a few others have said on here, you need to be careful about what you put away. Eating small meals during the day and doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day (or at least breaking a sweat with some exertion) is good for you and will help you shed the weight. I used to be almost 2.5 stone heavier than I am now, all that weight was lost because I started eating sensibly and attended gym and taekwon-do on a daily basis during the week.

Just need to be sensible about your eating habits and exercise plans and you won't be the only one who'll see a difference in your appearance. Good luck! :)

If your a meat eater, i'd recommend that you switch to being a vegetarian..i mean that way your input of fast food decreases...no more burgers, bacon all that stuff..it makes a huge difference and then get on a machine! Work out, nothing else works...you need to burn more calories than you intake...if you dont like exercising on machines, then take some dance classes... I blast some kirtan or music at times and I go on the Stairmaster...or i take dance classes in Manhattan (bhangra and many other kinds)...whatever gets you excited and motivated to get up and move is good :)

So Eat Less, Exercise More...simple as that :)

weight loss - its easy when you know how:)

ive lost 2 stones over a year by eating 1 BIG meal a day (or sumtimes 2 smallish meals) and moving around very little. Before that i had gained about 3 stones of muscle and some fat when i was in body building mode (eating 8 eggs every morning etc etc). (this has been over a 5 year period)

basically... JUST EAT LESS... border on starving yourself if you want fast results... otherwise listen to these guys and u mite get a slow and steady drop in weight.

few rules....

dont eat when your not hungry....

even if you are hungry think about your last meal and how big it was... do you really need to eat a big meal again?

3 meals a day is a lie - it can get you fat easily... unless those 3 meals are finally tuned with less than 5% fat...the food in western countries especially mine (england) is less nutritious than what you get from a small scale farmer in a village, they use way too many chemicals and are literally taking out the goodness from food.

the guy who said "switch to being vegetarian"... thats not necessary.. if anything during my weight loss i stuck to high protein (from eggs, tuna, chicken) high fibre medium carb and a low fat diet.

yes i used to cheat with fried chicken a few times a week:) within limits its ok... a 2 piece chicken and chips meal cant hurt too much ... but wen i started adding extra wings or ribs the weight would come bak slowly.

you really have to be sharp and accept your weaknesses and be willing to change it straight away.

to sum up... start off with eating 1 big meal a day , if you cant manage that make it 2 small meals a day..and dont eat 5 hours before sleeping (you may feel hungry at bedtime so if you do have a small glass of semi skimmed milk)

good luck:)