Fat Singh And Healthy Singhs

Guest noone u knw

weight loss - its easy when you know how:)

ive lost 2 stones over a year by eating 1 BIG meal a day (or sumtimes 2 smallish meals) and moving around very little. Before that i had gained about 3 stones of muscle and some fat when i was in body building mode (eating 8 eggs every morning etc etc). (this has been over a 5 year period)

basically... JUST EAT LESS... border on starving yourself if you want fast results... otherwise listen to these guys and u mite get a slow and steady drop in weight.

few rules....

dont eat when your not hungry....

even if you are hungry think about your last meal and how big it was... do you really need to eat a big meal again?

3 meals a day is a lie - it can get you fat easily... unless those 3 meals are finally tuned with less than 5% fat...the food in western countries especially mine (england) is less nutritious than what you get from a small scale farmer in a village, they use way too many chemicals and are literally taking out the goodness from food.

the guy who said "switch to being vegetarian"... thats not necessary.. if anything during my weight loss i stuck to high protein (from eggs, tuna, chicken) high fibre medium carb and a low fat diet.

yes i used to cheat with fried chicken a few times a week:) within limits its ok... a 2 piece chicken and chips meal cant hurt too much ... but wen i started adding extra wings or ribs the weight would come bak slowly.

you really have to be sharp and accept your weaknesses and be willing to change it straight away.

to sum up... start off with eating 1 big meal a day , if you cant manage that make it 2 small meals a day..and dont eat 5 hours before sleeping (you may feel hungry at bedtime so if you do have a small glass of semi skimmed milk)

good luck:)

How does this make any sense at all. It's a fact that eating one meal a day is going to drop your metabolism hugely meaning you are going to find it more difficult to lose weight, not make it easier. And eating one meal a day means you will be starving yourself for the rest of the day - meaning that when you do get a chance eat you will be pigging out - no wonder you said you ended up eating fried chicken multiple times a week.

Providing your daily calories in is less than your daily calories burnt you will lose weight. Given the choice between spreading my, say, 1500-1750 calories between 5 small meals to keep me from being hungry all day, or pigging out once a day and feeling hungry the rest of the time, plus having my body go into starvation mode for 50% of the day when I'm not eating, I know which one I would choose. Great for you if your method worked - you may have lost weight but you probably did it the hardest way possible.

I was not going t post here, but I have to respond to that last post by "$ingh"

weight loss - its easy when you know how:)
true
ive lost 2 stones over a year by eating 1 BIG meal a day (or sumtimes 2 smallish meals) and moving around very little.
For the love of God, DON'T EVER DO THAT! For optimal, successful, and long term weight loss you want to eat 5-6 small meals at regular intervals through out the day. What you did there can not be considered healthy for anybody, especially the "moving around very little" part.
Before that i had gained about 3 stones of muscle and some fat when i was in body building mode (eating 8 eggs every morning etc etc). (this has been over a 5 year period)
Muscle building requires a rather large amount of calorie intake, clearly you were eating more than what was required to build the muscle thus you gained fat as well.
basically... JUST EAT LESS... border on starving yourself if you want fast results... otherwise listen to these guys and u mite get a slow and steady drop in weight.
Don't starve yourself, crash diet do NOT work! Change your eating habits and exercise regularly, these two are the key to losing weight and keeping it off.
dont eat when your not hungry....

even if you are hungry think about your last meal and how big it was... do you really need to eat a big meal again?

Avoid having big meals all together. As I said previously, eat 5 to 6 small meals through out the day. If you follow this then you can have 1 meal roughly every 3 hours. Meals close to your bed time need to have little or no carbohydrates in them. So your last meal can have a sizable protein content (tofu, protein shake) along with veggies.
3 meals a day is a lie - it can get you fat easily... unless those 3 meals are finally tuned with less than 5% fat...the food in western countries especially mine (england) is less nutritious than what you get from a small scale farmer in a village, they use way too many chemicals and are literally taking out the goodness from food.
If you read the latest research it is absolutely clear that people in western countries do not consume a lot of fat, they eat a diet very high in carbohydrates however. In the 80's the mantra was 'fat makes you fat', today it is 'carbs make you fat'. But really, excess calories make you fat. If your body needs 2000 calories per day to do it's thing but you are eating 2100/day. Then that extra 100 calories will get stored as fat reserves for future use. Fat loss (I didn't say weight loss) comes down having a calorie deficit, thats all.
the guy who said "switch to being vegetarian"... thats not necessary.. if anything during my weight loss i stuck to high protein (from eggs, tuna, chicken) high fibre medium carb and a low fat diet.
It's not necessary but very helpful. Studies have shown that vegetarian people have much much lower risk of diseases such as heart attack, diabetes, cancer, among many others.
you really have to be sharp and accept your weaknesses and be willing to change it straight away.
It can be done slowly over time as well.
to sum up... start off with eating 1 big meal a day , if you cant manage that make it 2 small meals a day..and dont eat 5 hours before sleeping (you may feel hungry at bedtime so if you do have a small glass of semi skimmed milk)
To sum up...please do not have 1 big meal a day, eat 5-6 small meals roughly every 3 hours through out the day. You want to eat just enough in 1 meal that you will be hungry 3 hours later. Your last meal should be at least 3 hours before you go to bed, this gives your body a chance to digest the food properly. Going by eating every 3 hours, if you eat 3 hours before going to bed, you will be hungry just when it's bed time. You go to bed on a empty stomach, and thus burn fat while you are sleeping.

Another big thing that will help in your fat loss endevour is weight training. You need to build some muscle to increase your basal metabolic rate. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate

Adding on muscle is the single best thing you can do to loose weight and keep it off. Not to mention the numerous other benifits such as higher energy levels, stronger bones, increased muscle endurance, less injury prone, low blood pressure...the list goes on.

Remember, don't just focus on losing weight; instead, focus on being a healthy human being via good diet and exercise so that your vital organs (heart, lungs, etc) can stay in good shape as well. Skinny does not always equal healthy.

Everything I have said here is based on the latest research and if someone wants to talk against it, I will be more than happy to provide published, peer reveiwed papers that support what I said.

Feel free to ask questions, I'm sure you have lots. Good luck :)

eat healthy

train hard

70% of living healthy is based on what you eat

so if you going to have roti use wholemeal atta

eat oatmeal, fruit and veg and have protein shakes if your veggie :) and up the training

start with walking, the jogging, than sprints :) and 3 days of weights WL will happen slowly but surely :)

WJKK WJKF