What The Next 5 Years Are Going To Be Like, A Katha About The Future

Vahejeo

Just look at it from demand and supply perspective.
I am sorry but I severely disagree with treating Sikhi like a commodity that is to be sold. Sikhi is a diamond that is to be discovered, and actually its a gift from Gurujee. Please don't even think of it as a commodity that we need to sell. We need "quality" Sikhs, not mere "quantity".

So true Singh.

What is there in the world that we can give to the Lord that has any value. What in the world is even ours. We come naked in the world and depart naked. There is no quantity in this world because nothing is permenent. Only quality last only quality of Naam has value.

Today's Hukamnama from Sri Darbar Sahib Amritsar

Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Tilang on Ang 722

iqlµg mhlw 1 ]

thila(n)g mehalaa 1 ||

Tilang, First Mehla:

jYsI mY AwvY Ksm kI bwxI qYsVw krI igAwnu vy lwlo ]

jaisee mai aavai khasam kee baanee thaisarraa karee giaan vae laalo ||

As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo.

pwp kI jM\ lY kwblhu DwieAw jorI mMgY dwnu vy lwlo ]

paap kee ja(n)n(j) lai kaabalahu dhhaaeiaa joree ma(n)gai dhaan vae laalo ||

Bringing the marriage party of sin, Babar has invaded from Kaabul, demanding our land as his wedding gift, O Lalo.

srmu Drmu duie Cip Kloey kUVu iPrY prDwnu vy lwlo ]

saram dhharam dhue shhap khaloeae koorr firai paradhhaan vae laalo ||

Modesty and righteousness both have vanished, and falsehood struts around like a leader, O Lalo.

kwjIAw bwmxw kI gl QkI Agdu pVY sYqwnu vy lwlo ]

kaajeeaa baamanaa kee gal thhakee agadh parrai saithaan vae laalo ||

The Qazis and the Brahmins have lost their roles, and Satan now conducts the marriage rites, O Lalo.

muslmwnIAw pVih kqybw kst mih krih Kudwie vy lwlo ]

musalamaaneeaa parrehi kathaebaa kasatt mehi karehi khudhaae vae laalo ||

The Muslim women read the Koran, and in their misery, they call upon God, O Lalo.

jwiq snwqI hoir ihdvwxIAw eyih BI lyKY lwie vy lwlo ]

jaath sanaathee hor hidhavaaneeaa eaehi bhee laekhai laae vae laalo ||

The Hindu women of high social status, and others of lowly status as well, are put into the same category, O Lalo.

KUn ky soihly gwvIAih nwnk rqu kw kuMgU pwie vy lwlo ]1]

khoon kae sohilae gaaveeahi naanak rath kaa ku(n)goo paae vae laalo ||1||

The wedding songs of murder are sung, O Nanak, and blood is sprinkled instead of saffron, O Lalo. ||1||

swihb ky gux nwnku gwvY mws purI ivic AwKu msolw ]

saahib kae gun naanak gaavai maas puree vich aakh masolaa ||

Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord and Master in the city of corpses, and voices this account.

ijin aupweI rMig rvweI bYTw vyKY viK iekylw ]

jin oupaaee ra(n)g ravaaee bait(h)aa vaekhai vakh eikaelaa ||

The One who created, and attached the mortals to pleasures, sits alone, and watches this.

scw so swihbu scu qpwvsu scVw inAwau krygu msolw ]

sachaa so saahib sach thapaavas sacharraa niaao karaeg masolaa ||

The Lord and Master is True, and True is His justice. He issues His Commands according to His judgement.

kwieAw kpVu tuku tuku hosI ihdusqwnu smwlsI bolw ]

kaaeiaa kaparr ttuk ttuk hosee hidhusathaan samaalasee bolaa ||

The body-fabric will be torn apart into shreds, and then India will remember these words.

Awvin ATqrY jwin sqwnvY horu BI auTsI mrd kw cylw ]

aavan at(h)atharai jaan sathaanavai hor bhee out(h)asee maradh kaa chaelaa ||

Coming in seventy-eight (1521 A.D.), they will depart in ninety-seven (1540 A.D.), and then another disciple of man will rise up.

sc kI bwxI nwnku AwKY scu suxwiesI sc kI bylw ]2]3]5]

sach kee baanee naanak aakhai sach sunaaeisee sach kee baelaa ||2||3||5||

Nanak speaks the Word of Truth; he proclaims the Truth at this, the right time. ||2||3||5||

daas stayed with giani jee for a couple of days and was also with him in divaan at edinburgh. he was saying 6 billion ppl of world gona die. and money aint gona matter for niothing. 1 thing that i seen wen i was with him is that he kept on emphasising that money and nything else isnt gona matter for nything it is jst baani that is going to matter. there were a few of us singhs there and he was saying to us that make enough that u can have enough roti etc but it is all about baani it is only baani that is going to take us through now. singh showed him the parts of 2012 film with eaqrthquake and stuff and he was like ha idaee hona.

also one house we were staying at had a coal heater thing and he was like haa this stuff is gona come in handy again. (execpt the one in the house was actually a gas heater and worked by remote control lol)

going to b jungs aswel

but who cares sangat jee giani jee said whoever maharaj wants to keep he will keep whoever he doesnt wont survive. who cares its up to maharaj what he wants is good. so jst read baani. thats the only purpose of giani jee doing parchar of whatever he does. 4 curious minds though there is going to b jang in that jung shaheed singhs say all bullets gona finish so b back to puratan shaster. we were at singhs house he had nice shaster and singh was saying they asked shaheed singhs we got all these shasters bt we dont knw how to use them. and shaheed singhs repliued that dont worry keep doing their seva they will strt going themselkves wen time has came. ginai jee smild and said haa shaheed singh aapey chlaunge.

gurfateh

and this is not jasdeep singh

waheguru..

waheguru, we too were blessed with giani ji sangat when they were in the midlands...and he pretty much told us the same thing....lol...but hey, we need to worry about whats coming tomorrow.....we seem awfully certain that we gonna be around to even see 2012......our sikhi has to set up now.....to save our souls.....

Giani Ji is amazing though.....so gupt......

Waheguru..

Although some of what ballym posts is kind of dodgy, he has some good points, regardless of the exact way he expressed it.

Let's take them in order:

Can SGPC, or they attempted to, direct their salaried granthis to venture into remote areas and spread sikhism. they have restricted themselves to equate Sikhism with Punjab

First, the SGPC's main legal mandate is for Punjab, Haryana, and Himachal Pradesh. I'm not even sure they are allowed to do activities outside this area.

Yet, they do. They have a mission in Hapur, UP, and maybe some others as well.

Had Christianity similarly remained tied to the linguistic forms and its origins, it would have been a small cult. ... The Bible was translated into every language of the world and transformed into the idiom of cultures that were completely alien to that of its origin.

Yes, and they paid the price of total disunity. Also, people mistake their own particular translation of the Bible for the actual Bible.

Instead of having one Panth (remember "One Granth, One Panth"?), you'll have 200 different ones.

In a given language community, anybody with a slight command of the original text will be able to become a huge leader, will be able to mold Sikhi to his own opinions for that language community.

So, if Hindus can learn Sanskrit to read Vedas, I think people can learn Gurmukhi to read Gurbani.

There is a demand, if SGPC does not fulfil it, then ashutosh sacha sauda, radha soami would fulfil it. Even pure hindu sects are taking away sikh devotees.

This is actually a good point.

There are two basic needs of humans: wordly and spiritual. You need to have to have the worldly taken care of before you're even able to think of the spiritual:

ਭੂਖੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ॥ ਯਹਮਾਲਾ ਅਪਨੀ ਲੀਜੈ॥

After that, people start thinking of the next world.

On both of these points, the SGPC basically has little to offer in an organised way compared to the deras. Part of the problem is we are so divided we waste our energy on fighting.

Guest militant singh

nufins gna happen ppl said this abt 2012 nw sikhs r goin on da 2012 thng - sikhs dnt believe in prophciez - sri guru granth sahib ji is jugo jug atalh - no saroopz wll go 'gupt' - thts my persnl view so dnt attck me