I Dont Get It:s

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

why are girls so excited to get married , like i mean about their wedding day and all the events? i dont get it, i guess everyone around me ( old friends, hs peers etcc, cousins) are mostly getting married, but i dont get whats so exciting?

like they seem really happy about it,am i missing something?

is this just for girls or guys as well? do guys also get excited?

sometimes i think it may be because these ppl are punjabis so they will do like a desi type of wedding with like a decked out sari or lengha etc etc and like a big sparkly dress etc for their reception and all those other parties that come along with it...maybe theyre excited for the parties because some ppl like parties..

idk is it normal for a sikh not to be excited about their wedding or like getting married in the future? i dont get whats so fun?

or maybe its the idea of being with someone you love, but you also love your parents too so i dont get it:S isnt that bitter sweet? leaving your parents? so why would it be exciting? ( for girls i mean - even guys i guess if theyre moving to another country where their rents wont be etc or w/e the situation)

i know stupid question but this is really like making me curious because im wondering if this neutral feeling is normal?

do other singhs/ singhnees feel neutral/dont care about their wedding day too?

meh lol im getting a headachelol

i wrote this in the gupt section so plz respond

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are girls so excited to get married , like i mean about their wedding day and all the events? i dont get it, i guess everyone around me ( old friends, hs peers etcc, cousins) are mostly getting married, but i dont get whats so exciting?

I think it is the opportunity to do SHOPPING that excites them laugh.gif

Guest --gupt--

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Marriage is one of biggest event in one's life.It makes an individual happy :) ........because of love & care they got frm there partner.

Parents love is one thing & life partner love is another.

We respect our parents & want to do everything for them.

But love our partner b'coz we love,love & love our partner.

God is our best friend.

Our life partner is our friend with whom we share everything.

Girl is excited for marriage b'coz they want some one special in her life & they get there special person after marriage.

Boys are equally exicted because they also want someone special in there life.

Marriage is all about love & its a very great thing in one's life.

Guest --gupt--

isnt that bitter sweet? leaving your parents? so why would it be exciting?

Its not sweet.But life da usula hai girl nu chada ka jana pada da parents nu.

They are not exicted b'coz they are leaving there parents.

But insan dhi bukha hondi jikan sanu chakar ahana lagada food na mila taha.Ohakan hi sharir di bukha bhi hondi,kuch feelings hondi jis karke girls nu excited taha dukha dono honda marriage vicha............

bul chuk mafa!

Reminds me of...

ਸੰਬਤਿ ਸਾਹਾ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਵਹੁ ਤੇਲੁ ॥

ਦੇਹੁ ਸਜਣ ਅਸੀਸੜੀਆ ਜਿਉ ਹੋਵੈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿਉ ਮੇਲੁ ॥੩॥

ਘਰਿ ਘਰਿ ਏਹੋ ਪਾਹੁਚਾ ਸਦੜੇ ਨਿਤ ਪਵੰਨਿ ॥

ਸਦਣਹਾਰਾ ਸਿਮਰੀਐ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੇ ਦਿਹ ਆਵੰਨਿ ॥੪॥੧॥

The soul, female, awaits patiently the day of her marriage to the Parmaatmaa.

The day it is blessed with Amrit by the gracious Guru Ji, that day it gets engaged to the Parmaatmaa.

Then the Golden period of wait begins. The wedding day is much awaited. During the long wait, it seems longer than it really is, the soul bride meditates and remembers its beloved through Gurbani and Simran. And this way she learns her 'sauharde kum', the duties she'll be performing in her husband's house (Nirongkar Lok). She learns her duties through sewa at her mother's house (Maat Lok), keeping him in her thoughts all times.

And then when the day of wedding comes, the Parmaatmaa comes along with a 'Janj' of Saadhus, and marries the soul bride. The bride upon the union complains at first, a little, asks him, "why, why so late...". And then smiles in gratitude, that at least you came. Thank you, for coming though a worthless like me didn't deserve you, you still came. Thank you. Then it merges into his heart. And he cherishes her forever within his heart.

This is marriage. =)

sometimes i think it may be because these ppl are punjabis so they will do like a desi type of wedding with like a decked out sari or lengha etc etc and like a big sparkly dress etc for their reception and all those other parties that come along with it...maybe theyre excited for the parties because some ppl like parties..

Stereotyperrrr!

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Stereotyperrrr!

uh...WHAT?

get a life buddy

admin please delete my account, ppl like jag "singh" peacemaker etc and others are on my back about me not wanting to talk to them in a certain way.. i dont want to be on sikh sangat anymore cus of these corrupt ppl who call themselves sikhs, please delete my account

Guest harminderkaur

It depends on the person, i think. I am generally the type of girls that are very excited about their weddings. I have been praying for my marriage to happen quickly since I turned 16, and now i am 20 and still asking for same thing. lol Its not the shopping, or the big parites that excite me. I have always been a romantic person and I have always felt lonely because my parents discouraged me making friends outside of the family and getting close to anyone but them. So for me wedding fills my romantic notions and fills the void in my life.

Its not all about money.

like they seem really happy about it,am i missing something?

is this just for girls or guys as well? do guys also get excited?

idk is it normal for a sikh not to be excited about their wedding or like getting married in the future? i dont get whats so fun?

or maybe its the idea of being with someone you love, but you also love your parents too so i dont get it:S isnt that bitter sweet? leaving your parents? so why would it be exciting? ( for girls i mean - even guys i guess if theyre moving to another country where their rents wont be etc or w/e the situation)

i know stupid question but this is really like making me curious because im wondering if this neutral feeling is normal?

do other singhs/ singhnees feel neutral/dont care about their wedding day too?

meh lol im getting a headachelol

i wrote this in the gupt section so plz respond

wjkk wjkf

Wow u too, i just don't get why girls wanna get married in the first place.. leave ur whole world to live with sum guy u dnt even no? :huh: lol i can't see it as bitter sweet just "bitter" lol :lol: