***amrit Sanchar Next Week***

Guest learner

Guest learner

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fatahhh

Khalsa Ji, please can you let me know the following details for the Amrit Sanchar on the 24th December at Sant Baba Takhur Singh Jees Barsi

- What time?

- Where at the willinhall gurdwara?

- What do we wear? (trousers and tee? or kurta pajama or bana?)

- Any other useful info please

Thankss,

Akaaaal :D

-amrit sanchaar is at 10am

-I'm sure there will be lots of nice people to show you where it is exactly

-if your a Singh, usually they make you take your trousers off, so you might feel more comfortable wearing a longer top..?

aslong as the clothes are clean, fresh and modest, it shouldnt really matter what you wear specifically. Some gursikhs would advise that if you've been for a number one(a pee) then you should wash your hands, face, feet, and avoid wearing the same clothes. If you've been for a number 2(a poo) then you should take full ishnaan again, and fresh clothes(if you wore them while pooing). But this is purley up to personal sharda and maryada(i think)

Make sure you have full isnaan, i.e : kesh

If you tie a dastaar, try and leave a little flap at the top, so your kesh are easily accessible

And enjoy the beheading wedding :)

apologies for any mis-information,

dont hesistate to contact one of the gursikhs on the barsi poster, they would be happy to help!

-amrit sanchaar is at 10am

-I'm sure there will be lots of nice people to show you where it is exactly

-if your a Singh, usually they make you take your trousers off, so you might feel more comfortable wearing a longer top..?

aslong as the clothes are clean, fresh and modest, it shouldnt really matter what you wear specifically. Some gursikhs would advise that if you've been for a number one(a pee) then you should wash your hands, face, feet, and avoid wearing the same clothes. If you've been for a number 2(a poo) then you should take full ishnaan again, and fresh clothes(if you wore them while pooing). But this is purley up to personal sharda and maryada(i think)

Make sure you have full isnaan, i.e : kesh

If you tie a dastaar, try and leave a little flap at the top, so your kesh are easily accessible

And enjoy the beheading wedding :)

apologies for any mis-information,

dont hesistate to contact one of the gursikhs on the barsi poster, they would be happy to help!

"beheading wedding" hahahahah lol... chardi kalla

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo jee ki fateh

Thanks for the reply, i spoke to a sevadar for the barsi and he goes you can wear what you want, but it has to be simple, clean. Wearing a bana or kurta panjama is preferable, but plain tee and trousers in fine.

Akaaal :D :D :D

Guest ;sjfhm;ugh

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo jee ki fateh

Thanks for the reply, i spoke to a sevadar for the barsi and he goes you can wear what you want, but it has to be simple, clean. Wearing a bana or kurta panjama is preferable, but plain tee and trousers in fine.

Akaaal :D :D :D

yeah, its not written in maryada anywhere that we must wear certain items of clothing to an amrit sanchaar.

BUT please dont go in english clothes. you are giving your head to maharaaj, this is a very special day. when we go to peoples weddings, we dress up a bit and make an effort. similarly with job interviews. so when we visit guroo maharaaj on the day that we make this huge commitment, surely we should make a bit more effort than jeans and a t shirt??

to anyone considering asking for amrit, dont go in english clothes.

in terms of tips for singhnia, i would say the same. wear baana, and also make sure your dastaar is clean. if you cant get baana made in time, then a plain suit is fine, as long as it is blue/white/orange if ur feelin brave lol.

and to clarify on the point of suchum, if we go for a number 2 then we must change our clothes including kachera and have full ishnaan including kesh. this is to keep suchum, we cannot go into maharaajs presence unclean, nothing is too much effort for guroo maharaaj.

hope everything goes well with maharaaj kirpa!