68 places of pilgramage???

aight, so I was reading some Gurbani and it says something bout 68 places of pilgramage :T: . It comes up several times juz in the first 60 some pages. I wanna know what exactly this reference is to.

Where are these 68 places? :)

Where does this belief of 68 sacred places come from? :)

Any other relevant info is welcome :wub:

thanx.

aight, so I was reading some Gurbani and it says something bout 68 places of pilgramage :T: . It comes up several times juz in the first 60 some pages. I wanna know what exactly this reference is to.

Where are these 68 places? :)

Where does this belief of 68 sacred places come from? :lol:

Any other relevant info is welcome :wub:

thanx.

Yes me wondering too ................... :)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

its called ATSATH TEERATH its according to hindu mat if u do eshnan in these religious rivers ull get moksh (mukt).my 2 cents

but maharj said if only by doing eshana if u get moksh then the fish is the first who should get mukht but it does not ,by doing eshana dukh can go as simran is done not moksh,moksh only by sewa and simran

i think ath sath tirath is the body (for the sikh).

a story was of guru nanak dev ji, he once sent a sadhu to all 68 places, each time he said to wash something that had a chilly taste (guru ji gave it him, but i dont know what its called). anyway, the sadhu returned to guru ji, and guru ji said that he has to give it out to the sangat (i think it was a gourd), anyway, the sangat complained it was really chilly. maharaj said if that remains chilly and sour and horrible for you guys, yet its been bathed in the 68 shrines, do you guys honestly think you'll be purified even if the gourd hasn't?

i think ath sath tirath is the body (for the sikh).

a story was of guru nanak dev ji, he once sent a sadhu to all 68 places, each time he said to wash something that had a chilly taste (guru ji gave it him, but i dont know what its called). anyway, the sadhu returned to guru ji, and guru ji said that he has to give it out to the sangat (i think it was a gourd), anyway, the sangat complained it was really chilly. maharaj said if that remains chilly and sour and horrible for you guys, yet its been bathed in the 68 shrines, do you guys honestly think you'll be purified even if the gourd hasn't?

So the 68 places are all rivers ?? Religious rivers as said by hindus ??

And great sakhi bro never heard it before .... DHAN GURU NANAK!! :wub:

satpreet, it seems you have alot of pyaar for maharaj. seeing as maharaj has just answered your question from aaj da hukamnama from sri darbar sahib. maharaj is saying its pointless to go these places. naam is ath sath tirath.

ok, enough of me talking.......

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru's Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born ag! ain. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher's stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, associa

tion with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord's Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, G! od unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru's Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday 20th Jayt'h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 687)

I think,Guru ji plays a lot of trick and answers nearly all our questions, but we ignore those answers. I came downstairs after getting ready for office and my mum was listening to Amritbani radio and the shabad that was being sung was.

hir mMdru soeI AwKIAY ijQhu hir jwqw ]

har ma(n)dhar soee aakheeai jithhahu har jaathaa ||

That alone is said to be the Lord's temple, where the Lord is known.

mwns dyh gur bcnI pwieAw sBu Awqm rwmu pCwqw ]

maanas dhaeh gur bachanee paaeiaa sabh aatham raam pashhaathaa ||

In the human body, the Guru's Word is found, when one understands that the Lord, the Supreme Soul, is in all.

bwhir mUil n KojIAY Gr mwih ibDwqw ]

baahar mool n khojeeai ghar maahi bidhhaathaa ||

Don't look for Him outside your self. The Creator, the Architect of Destiny, is within the home of your own heart.

mnmuK hir mMdr kI swr n jwxnI iqnI jnmu gvwqw ]

manamukh har ma(n)dhar kee saar n jaananee thinee janam gavaathaa ||

The self-willed manmukh does not appreciate the value of the Lord's temple; they waste away

and lose their lives.

sB mih ieku vrqdw gur sbdI pwieAw jweI ]12]

sabh mehi eik varathadhaa gur sabadhee paaeiaa jaaee ||12||

The One Lord is pervading in all; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He can be found. ||12||

Here you can see, that Guru ji is saying 68 Pilgrimages dont have any meaning at all. Hostoric Gurdwaras should be visited just to remember what happened and to gain more knowledge about our history. If we go there for miracle cures then it doesnt have any meaning. Thats wat i believe anyways :T: