Sarbloh Bateh

Guest Sarbloh

Guest Sarbloh Cup

:) Okay while we on the topic or Sarbloh, can any1 tell me the best way to clean a Sarbloh cup?... I'm only starting off small... :p

Thanks in advance.

Waheguru Jeo, after eating/drinking your food/liquids, wash the baata/cup normally wiht water to take off the residues, then cut a lemon in half and use that to throughly scrub the baata/cup from inside for good few minutes. Lemon juice has got the acids that act as mild corrosive agent to peel off the food particles and/or any layer of rust. Once you are done, just dip the baata in hot water and dry it thoroughly. After drying, you can also throw in a drop of mustard oil and spread it evenly inside, this will prevent the rust from forming.

If you baata/cup is new from the shop and has got a lot of rust, pop it on the cooker flame and heat it till its bright red. Leave it to cool itself then you can either use the above method to scrub off the rust but a quicker qay is to use sandpaper for dry scrubbing, although some people might not agree with this method still I find it quicker than lemon juice which takes hours on new, off-the-shelf baateh.

Oh and, if you are in india and/or have sand handy then use that instead, nothing beats sand when it comes to cleaning sarbloh! :happy:

Hope this helps! prayer.gif

Vaheguru Jeo, thank ju berry much. :D

• 8 years later...
Guest JKaur

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji.

Can anyone please let me know if there are any shops near Darbar saheb from where one can get sarabloh Bata..also can anyone suggest which material for dumalla is the best..I use fullvoil..

• 2 weeks later...

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਰਬਾਰ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਨੇੜੇ ਹੀ ਦਮਦਮੀ ਟਕਸਾਲ ਦੀ ਜਗ੍ਹਾ ਹੈ ੌਓਥੋਂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ। 
ਫ਼ੁੱਲ ਵੋਇਲ ਹੀ ਵਧੀਆ ਕੱਪੜਾ ਹੈ ਦੁਮਾਲੇ ਲਈ।

Guest Jassa
On 7/5/2018 at 3:09 AM, Guest JKaur said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji.

Can anyone please let me know if there are any shops near Darbar saheb from where one can get sarabloh Bata..also can anyone suggest which material for dumalla is the best..I use fullvoil..

You will need to buy 8 - 9m of material don’t forget. I live 20 minutes away from DS can’t say I have seen no problems.

Yes in Leicester. St. Saviours Road it's opposite all other shops. Basically, THEE only shop opposite other shops. Turn from East Park road onto St. Saviours and look left. You'll spot it in 5 seconds.