**new Nanakshahi Calendar** Changes Passed In Nanakshahi Calendar - Entire Panth Requested To Embrace New Calender

I am in favor of this change smile.gif

In recent weeks a number of Sikh organisations have issued statements to oppose changes to the Nanakshahi Calendar. The Sikh Federation (UK) wanted changes to the Calendar.

There has been criticism of the Calendar since its introduction.

The Sikh Federation (UK) wanted changes to bring an end to the criticism and restore Panthic unity, but maintain the separate Nanakshahi Calendar for the Sikh Nation. We have therefore applauded the decision.

We have expressed our concerns to the time taken to reach a consensus decision and the methods used to make the final decision. This shows the whole system needs to be reformed.

But one thing is for certain ordinary Sikhs have the utmost respect for the Akaal Takht as an institution so the amended Nanakshai Calendar will quickly become universally accepted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Times of India are rumnning a story on the views of Sikhs in the Diaspora:

Some of the questions posed are:

Was the Sikh community of UK happy with the original format of NC implemented in 2003 at Damdama Sahib or the community wanted certain changes?

Did the Sikhs living abroad sent their objections, if any , to SGPC or Akal Takht office?

What are the major objections, if any?

Are the changes made in NC acceptable to the Sikhs living abroad?

Any dissatisfaction among community over the method adopted to make changes?

Why there is so much hue and cry from various splinter Sikh groups who claims that none of the Sikh living abroad would accept the amendments?

Which are the party, according to you, have political and vested interests?

Is the controversy over now?

The Times of India would like quotes from three to four Sikhs, young and old on the issue. Please email these to info@sikhfederation.com in the next 1 hour.

This is a VERY GOOD move by Sikh Federation UK to support the long over due change in the calendar.

Only the non established so-called "Sikh" organisations in UK will oppose this move (and go against Dasam Granth Sahib) like the gold medal vale kulwant dhesi and tarsem deol of the so-called two band group British Sikh Council, or punjabi singer award vala Manmohan Singh's one-man Dal Khalsa UK who are only good for giving out paper statements against Dasam Granth Sahib (and supporting punjabi singers lol). These rogue modern day scholar doubting type organisations are not part of SIKHS as they do not accept PURAATAN traditions but would much rather side with the views and people like the omlet eating nutty professor darshan and the kala afgana lobby type.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php/topic/49497-gurnindaks-are-new-friends-of-akj-uk/ - It looks like AKJ UK have also joined the anti panthic groups (gone against the teachings of Brehgiani Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji) along with "Raghbir Singh, Avtar Singh Sanghera, Seva Singh Laali, Gurmej Singh Gill, Onkar Singh, Joga Singh, Kulwant Singh Dhesi, Balbir Singh, Tarlochan Singh, Rajinder Singh Purewal, Jaspal Singh Satvinder Singh, Nirmal Singh, Raghbir Singh, Je Pee Singh". This is TRULY a SAD day for UK SIKHS.

To stay PANTHIC the Sikh Federation really really need to stay away from the above groups and people and Kuldip Singh Chaheru needs to clear his own stance as well which I will not bother to go into.

I think a leading organisation like Sikh Federation UK in england also need to clear their stance by a press release (like they did with the calendar issue) on whether they are in support of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Dasam Granth Sahib BANI, and therefore the views of SANT BREHMGIANIS like SANT BABA JARNAIL SINGH JI BHINDRANWALE (or Sant Kartar Singh Ji or Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji or Sant Isher Singh Ji or Baba Nand Singh Ji, or even Sants of today like Dhadrianwale Sant and even the founder of AKJ Brehmgiani Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji) would they and all other REAL SIKH ORGANISATIONS rather follow these GURMUKHS OR would they rather follow modern day scholar missionary type doubters like the above and the the Kala Afghana lobby and professor chele lot!

Keep up good work Sikh Fed uk! Dont fall for any pressure exerted by any of the above names people and organisations - stay independent and stay true to PURAATAN sikh traditions!

(p.s. I dont think my English is good enough for any quotes you asked for above lollll?? Someone else??)

In my opinion they might aswell just use the Bikrami calendar now since they've taken steps back towards that it seems. So might aswell go all the way and accept Bikrami. No point having Nakanshahi in use with certain exceptions.

Why do people get angry bout the gold medal thing loll

Dal khalsa uk have never issued any statements against Dasam Granth. Why you lying for? I can see why your under Quality control .

1 man band? have u actually seen the number of Sikh youths behind him? Note at the next Hyde park rally which organisation has most the Sikh youth backing it.

I 'll give you a hint. It wont be Sikh Fed Uk.

Then you can count exactly how many there are. Your counting will not stop at 1.

whichever calendar is used I will support it. But the general Sikh public's views should also be looked at.

In recent weeks a number of Sikh organisations have issued statements to oppose changes to the Nanakshahi Calendar. The Sikh Federation (UK) wanted changes to the Calendar.

The Sikh Federation (UK) wanted changes to bring an end to the criticism and restore Panthic unity, but maintain the separate Nanakshahi Calendar for the Sikh Nation. We have therefore applauded the decision.

We have expressed our concerns to the time taken to reach a consensus decision and the methods used to make the final decision. This shows the whole system needs to be reformed.

But one thing is for certain ordinary Sikhs have the utmost respect for the Akaal Takht as an institution so the amended Nanakshai Calendar will quickly become universally accepted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was the Sikh community of UK happy with the original format of NC implemented in 2003 at Damdama Sahib or the community wanted certain changes?

Did the Sikhs living abroad sent their objections, if any , to SGPC or Akal Takht office?

Why there is so much hue and cry from various splinter Sikh groups who claims that none of the Sikh living abroad would accept the amendments?

The Times of India would like quotes from three to four Sikhs, young and old on the issue. Please email these to info@sikhfederation.com in the next 1 hour.

This is a VERY GOOD move by Sikh Federation UK to support the long over due change in the calendar.

Only the non established so-called "Sikh" organisations in UK will oppose this move (and go against Dasam Granth Sahib) like the gold medal vale kulwant dhesi and tarsem deol of the so-called two band group British Sikh Council, or punjabi singer award vala Manmohan Singh's one-man Dal Khalsa UK who are only good for giving out paper statements against Dasam Granth Sahib (and supporting punjabi singers lol). These rogue modern day scholar doubting type organisations are not part of SIKHS as they do not accept PURAATAN traditions but would much rather side with the views and people like the omlet eating nutty professor darshan and the kala afgana lobby type.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php/topic/49497-gurnindaks-are-new-friends-of-akj-uk/ - It looks like AKJ UK have also joined the anti panthic groups (gone against the teachings of Brehgiani Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji) along with "Raghbir Singh, Avtar Singh Sanghera, Seva Singh Laali, Gurmej Singh Gill, Onkar Singh, Joga Singh, Kulwant Singh Dhesi, Balbir Singh, Tarlochan Singh, Rajinder Singh Purewal, Jaspal Singh Satvinder Singh, Nirmal Singh, Raghbir Singh, Je Pee Singh". This is TRULY a SAD day for UK SIKHS.

To stay PANTHIC the Sikh Federation really really need to stay away from the above groups and people and Kuldip Singh Chaheru needs to clear his own stance as well which I will not bother to go into.

I think a leading organisation like Sikh Federation UK in england also need to clear their stance by a press release (like they did with the calendar issue) on whether they are in support of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Dasam Granth Sahib BANI, and therefore the views of SANT BREHMGIANIS like SANT BABA JARNAIL SINGH JI BHINDRANWALE (or Sant Kartar Singh Ji or Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji or Sant Isher Singh Ji or Baba Nand Singh Ji, or even Sants of today like Dhadrianwale Sant and even the founder of AKJ Brehmgiani Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji) would they and all other REAL SIKH ORGANISATIONS rather follow these GURMUKHS OR would they rather follow modern day scholar missionary type doubters like the above and the the Kala Afghana lobby and professor chele lot!

Keep up good work Sikh Fed uk! Dont fall for any pressure exerted by any of the above names people and organisations - stay independent and stay true to PURAATAN sikh traditions!

(p.s. I dont think my English is good enough for any quotes you asked for above lollll?? Someone else??)

In North America at the moment.

Around 6 months ago or perhaps longer the Sikh Federation (UK) took out a full page advert (someone may wish to check Awaze Qaum and scan in) clearing its position and on its 100% support for the Dassam Granth and that it will not tolerate parchar against the Dassam Granth.

Over 100 Sikh organisations and Gurdwaras from the USA, Canada and UK are taking out a large advert in Ajit in the next day or two before Ragi Darshan Singh is due to appear on 7 January 2010. Again the Sikh Federation (UK), youth organisations (e.g. BOSS, Kauragous, Young Sikhs UK) etc.) and associated Gurdwaras are taking the lead in the UK. Others are at best silent or worse going against the Akaal Takht as an institution - again the main issue appears to be the position on Dassam Granth.

Can someone make clear if the 6 'organisations' that make up Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) have made their position clear. From the posts it appears AKJ (and Govt in Exile - Gurmej Singh Gill and Seva Singh Laali) and Dal Khalsa (Manmohan Singh) are against Dassam Granth, SFUK as an organisation 100% support the Dassam Granth - not sure about others - SAD (Mann), Council of Khalistan (Amrik Singh).

This will highlight to the relevant youth the challenge SFUK face each year in the FSO - primarily re: June demo (turnout for 15 Aug and 26 Jan is usually low). The YOUTH need to come forward and recognise the reality of the situation. My own personal view based upon what I have read is the two co-ordinators of the FSO (Kuldip Singh Chaheru and Joga Singh) are using the FSO beyond the purpose it was craeted for - namely the 3 events - 26 Jan, 15 August and June demos.

SFUK and the youth need to think long and hard on the stance they wish to take! Have met Singhs from AKJ (Canada) and AKJ (USA) - they seem to be at loggerheads with AKJ UK on this issue.

In my opinion they might aswell just use the Bikrami calendar now since they've taken steps back towards that it seems. So might aswell go all the way and accept Bikrami. No point having Nakanshahi in use with certain exceptions.

Why do people get angry bout the gold medal thing loll

Dal khalsa uk have never issued any statements against Dasam Granth. Why you lying for? I can see why your under Quality control .

1 man band? have u actually seen the number of Sikh youths behind him? Note at the next Hyde park rally which organisation has most the Sikh youth backing it.

I 'll give you a hint. It wont be Sikh Fed Uk.

Then you can count exactly how many there are. Your counting will not stop at 1.

whichever calendar is used I will support it. But the general Sikh public's views should also be looked at.

LOL, firstly I went under quality control when I first started posting on this PANTHIC FORUM because I (like some others) kept on typing in capitals and larger writing when I was new and did no better. In fact, I didnt even know or realise I wasnt SUPPOSED to? I was foolish to have done so. Thank you for pointing this out now as I didnt even remember this but now that I have gotten used to how to post on this forum properly now, I hope the mods will consider putting me back to normal again? DEAR MODS, PLEASE CONSIDER LOL??

I assure you "Southall Youth" my views have nothing to do with it as it is all FACT!

SO NOW you are trying to attack Sikh fed uk which we all now organise everything and have biggest influence in uk panthic politics stuff? The mods need to watch you lol. Do not try to defame the real PANTHIC groups who actually do have some following and do something in their own respective ways, be it Sikh Fed, BOSS, gnnsj, damdami taksal, akj, dhadrian wale, others sants, nanaksar, rara sahib etc instead of the paper based dasam granth haters and haters of the PURAATAN ways like dal khalsa uk or bristish sikh council - all only good for paper statements to support heretic views.

Also I think there has already been discussion by some people on the forum earlier about the FEW and NEW followers Manmohan Singh has got in Southall lol - no comment, a few youth people turning up to a march does not count as SEWA or make Dal Khalsa better than Sikh Fed, Sewa is those who do everything behind the scenes and not write a paper statement every few months (or make a You Tube video) lol.

Please do not try to big up your own Jatha over another without reason. I must admit I have not been to all the June marches every year (missed this year and last as well) but I will try to come next time its organised by Sikh Fed.

http://www.sikhsanga...ends-of-akj-uk/ - It looks like AKJ UK have also joined the anti panthic groups (gone against the teachings of Brehgiani Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji) along with "Raghbir Singh, Avtar Singh Sanghera, Seva Singh Laali, Gurmej Singh Gill, Onkar Singh, Joga Singh, Kulwant Singh Dhesi, Balbir Singh, Tarlochan Singh, Rajinder Singh Purewal, Jaspal Singh Satvinder Singh, Nirmal Singh, Raghbir Singh, Je Pee Singh". This is TRULY a SAD day for UK SIKHS.

Around 6 months ago or perhaps longer the Sikh Federation (UK) took out a full page advert (someone may wish to check Awaze Qaum and scan in) clearing its position and on its 100% support for the Dassam Granth and that it will not tolerate parchar against the Dassam Granth.

Over 100 Sikh organisations and Gurdwaras from the USA, Canada and UK are taking out a large advert in Ajit in the next day or two before Ragi Darshan Singh is due to appear on 7 January 2010. Again the Sikh Federation (UK), youth organisations (e.g. BOSS, Kauragous, Young Sikhs UK) etc.) and associated Gurdwaras are taking the lead in the UK. Others are at best silent or worse going against the Akaal Takht as an institution - again the main issue appears to be the position on Dassam Granth.

Can someone make clear if the 6 'organisations' that make up Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) have made their position clear. From the posts it appears AKJ (and Govt in Exile - Gurmej Singh Gill and Seva Singh Laali) and Dal Khalsa (Manmohan Singh) are against Dassam Granth, SFUK as an organisation 100% support the Dassam Granth - not sure about others - SAD (Mann), Council of Khalistan (Amrik Singh).

This will highlight to the relevant youth the challenge SFUK face each year in the FSO - primarily re: June demo (turnout for 15 Aug and 26 Jan is usually low). The YOUTH need to come forward and recognise the reality of the situation. My own personal view based upon what I have read is the two co-ordinators of the FSO (Kuldip Singh Chaheru and Joga Singh) are using the FSO beyond the purpose it was craeted for - namely the 3 events - 26 Jan, 15 August and June demos.

SFUK and the youth need to think long and hard on the stance they wish to take! Have met Singhs from AKJ (Canada) and AKJ (USA) - they seem to be at loggerheads with AKJ UK on this issue.

BOLEE SO NIHAAAL!!!! SATSRIAKAAAL!!!!

Sikh Fed is remaining PANTHIC!!! Slap on the face of other so-called ACTIVE organisations who do nothing anyway lol.

The majority of the FSO from the looks of it are a waste of time, backward "samose eating type" so-called leaders that have failed. Manmohan Singh (Samosa vale) and co, Dhesi, Deol etc are all traitors I'm afraid to say. Only good for announcing gold medals for punjabi singers or writing paper statements against Dasam Granth or how they attended an event and their one-man band "jathedar" did a speech lol.

Any leader going against Dasam Granth or Sants and parcharaks, ARE NOT SIKHS. Any organisation doing the same is not a SIKH ORGANISATION.

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji's BANI - DASAM GRANTH SAHIB JI!!!

http://www.sikhsanga...ends-of-akj-uk/ - It looks like AKJ UK have also joined the anti panthic groups (gone against the teachings of Brehgiani Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji) along with "Raghbir Singh, Avtar Singh Sanghera, Seva Singh Laali, Gurmej Singh Gill, Onkar Singh, Joga Singh, Kulwant Singh Dhesi, Balbir Singh, Tarlochan Singh, Rajinder Singh Purewal, Jaspal Singh Satvinder Singh, Nirmal Singh, Raghbir Singh, Je Pee Singh". This is TRULY a SAD day for UK SIKHS.

Sikh Fed (UK) - You have my support for any of your future projects !

The advert is now appearing in all the main Panjabi papers around the world. It is also on: http://www.ajitjalandhar.com/20100106/