Sikh Stabbbed To Death In East London

SarabhaPanjab

Hunt for have-a-go-hero's killers

The Press Association - ‎7 minutes ago‎

Two muggers who stabbed a have-a-go-hero to death are still at large. Police appealed for information about the attack on father-of-one Sukhwinder Singh, ... Tributes paid to have-a-go hero

BBC News - ‎7 hours ago‎

Tributes have been paid to a "brave" builder who was stabbed to death after chasing bag-snatchers in east London. Sukhwinder Singh, 31, was attacked on ... Man stabbed to death after chasing handbag thieves

Scottish Daily Record - ‎9 hours ago‎

A MAN was stabbed to death after he tried to stop two muggers who had stolen a woman's bag. Sukhwinder Singh, 31, chased the men after they robbed the ... BRAVE DAD KILLED TRYING TO SAVE WOMAN FROM MUGGERS

Mirror.co.uk - Justin Penrose, Will Payne - ‎11 hours ago‎

A father was stabbed to death as he chased two robbers who had viciously mugged a woman. ... NRI who chased muggers in London stabbed to death

Economic Times - ‎14 hours ago‎

10 Jan 2010, 0922 hrs IST, PTI LONDON: An Indian-origin man was fatally stabbed while chasing two muggers who had robbed a woman off her bag in east London, ... 'Brave' man killed in muggers chase

The Press Association - ‎20 hours ago‎

Tributes have been paid to a "brave" and "special" man who was killed after chasing muggers who had snatched a woman's handbag in east London. ... 'Hero' father killed in east London by two armed muggers he tried to stop

The Guardian - ‎21 hours ago‎

A man who was stabbed to death in a London suburb while confronting two muggers who were running away after snatching a woman's handbag has been described ... Indian stabbed to death by muggers

The Hindu - Hasan Suroor - ‎22 hours ago‎

A man from India was stabbed to death by two muggers in East London on Friday after he reportedly chased them to retrieve a handbag they had snatched from a ... Aerial view of stabbing scene

BBC News - ‎Jan 9, 2010‎

A man was stabbed to death while chasing thieves who had snatched a woman's handbag in east London. Sukhwinder Singh, of Barking, was attacked while ... Police hunt muggers who killed a have-a-go hero

Telegraph.co.uk - Andrew Alderson, Ben Leach - ‎Jan 9, 2010‎

Police are hunting the murderers of 'have-a-go hero' Sukhwinder Singh, a father-of-one who was stabbed after chasing thieves who had snatched a woman's ... Man stabbed to death while chasing muggers

Times Online - ‎Jan 9, 2010‎

A have-a-go hero has died after being stabbed when he tried to catch two muggers who had stolen a stranger's handbag. Builder Sukhwinder Singh chased the ... Man stabbed after chasing muggers

The Press Association - ‎Jan 9, 2010‎

A man was fatally stabbed while trying to stop two muggers who had stolen a woman's bag, police have said. Sukhwinder Singh pursued two men who robbed a ... Indian braveheart dies in London

Times Now.tv - ‎2 hours ago‎

31-year-old Sukhwinder Singh died of stab wounds after defending woman from bag snatchers. The Indian has died a hero in London after selflessly throwing ... UK Police hunt for muggers who murdered a brave Indian

TopNews United Kingdom (blog) - Shamsher Singh - ‎5 hours ago‎

The murders of Sukhwinder Singh, who was stabbed to death after chasing muggers who had snatched a woman's handbag in East London on Friday, ... HAVE-A-GO HERO KILLED BY MUGGERS

News of the World - Matthew Drake - ‎6 hours ago‎

BRAVE Sukhwinder Singh was stabbed to death after chasing two muggers who snatched a woman's bag. Mr Singh pursued the thieves ... Indian killed by London muggers a 'hero': police

Thaindian.com - Dipankar De Sarkar - ‎7 hours ago‎

London, Jan 10 (IANS) The growing scourge of knife-crime has claimed an Indian life in the British capital after a builder who ... Murdered Indian hailed as 'hero' in UK

indiablooms - ‎9 hours ago‎

London, Jan 10 (IBNS): A massive manhunt is on here after an Indian was killed by two muggers who were running away after snatching a woman's hangbag, ... Dad killed rescuing robbed woman

Sunday People - Russell Myers - ‎10 hours ago‎

A hero was stabbed to death by two robbers who he chased after they grabbed a woman's handbag. The muggers turned on dad-of-one Sukhwinder Singh, 31, ... BAG-SNATCH HERO KILLED WHILE CHASING ROBBERS

Daily Star - ‎17 hours ago‎

By Daily Star Reporter A HAVE-A-GO hero was murdered as he tried to stop two robbers attacking a woman. Sukhwinder Singh, 31, was stabbed to death when he ... Man killed after chasing muggers

Ilford Recorder 24 - ‎21 hours ago‎

A MAN has been stabbed to death while chasing muggers who had stolen a woman's handbag. Sukhwinder Singh, 31, was attacked in Uphall Road, Ilford at the ... Man stabbed to death chasing muggers in east London

BBC News - ‎Jan 9, 2010‎

A man has been stabbed to death while chasing thieves who had snatched a woman's handbag in east London. Sukhwinder Singh, 31, was attacked on Friday ...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Just received this text:

"Gurfateh! Sukhwinder Singh Ji died as a national hero on the corner of Victoria Road & Uphall Road, Barking. Benti to local Sikh Sangat to lay flowers down on the site in memory of the Singh's bravery. Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Pyaray!"

Please take some time out, I saw only one bunch of flowers there. We need to show how proud we are of this Singh!

It's the least we as local Sikhs should do! I just saw the report on ITN news and there was only a small bunch of flowers pictured in the corner. Come on, if this was a Gora-Have-a-go-Hero, the site of his death would be close to a shrine flooded with flowers and memorials

I live down the other end of London, my wife and I are planning to come to Barking tomorrow to visit the Gurdwara and lay down some flowers where the Singh died....

Let's face it many of us wouldn't have the courage to stand up to a mugger if they were mugging us let alone someone else. This Singh deserves the treatment of an inspirational hero within British settled Sikhs.

Also if anyone knows how send money to Sukhwinder Singhs family in India, please PM me.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I have seen bhai sahib at barking gurudwara many times. Unfortunately, I never knew him personally but he was surely a true chardi kala Singh. He stood up to guru ji's bachans

salok kabeer ||

gagan dhamaamaa baajiou pariou neesaanai ghaao ||

khaeth j maa(n)ddiou sooramaa ab joojhan ko dhaao ||1||

sooraa so pehichaaneeai j larai dheen kae haeth ||

purajaa purajaa katt marai kabehoo n shhaaddai khaeth ||2||2||

Salok, Kabeer:

The battle-drum beats in the sky of the mind; aim is taken, and the wound is inflicted.

The spiritual warriors enter the field of battle; now is the time to fight! ||1||

He alone is known as a spiritual hero, who fights in defense of religion.

He may be cut apart, piece by piece, but he never leaves the field of battle. ||2||2|

I wish if satgur ji give enough strength to all of us sikhs to stand up against crime and unjust. I also hope this may also encourage most of sikhs to shak amrit and training of any martial art form.

bhul chuk mauf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

neemaana

"Deh Shiva Bar Mohe Ihai

Shubh Karman te Kabhu Na Taroo"

-Grant me this blessing O God,

That I never refrain from carrying out a righteous act.

A true Sikh of the Guru...I remember this Singh singing dharmik geet/dharna when in the sangat during the East London Nagar Kirtans.

Is there any local keertan programmes in his memory? There should be some kind of memorial for him even if the funeral is not in the UK.

URGENT.

I have just been approached by a colleague at work who wants to send some money to Bhai Sukhwinder Singh’s family in India. It’s not a big amount, as I am Sikh she has asked if I could find out for her.

Is there a fund being collected? Does anyone have Bhai Sahib’s cousin’s or uncles’s mobile number?

Many thanks in advance.

The brave death of Bhai Sukhwinder Singh is an inspiration for us bickering Sikhs. So many of us are so into our Jathas, our Groups, our version of history and our version of maryada. We spend hours proving each other wrong and justifying our Sikh superiority over others, justifying our own jeevans.

However, picture this. A women being mugged by 2 big black men, a woman being punched in the face by the aggressive mugger and then a lone Singh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji giving chase to these muggers risking more than just his live, but risking the life-line of his wife, son, mother and father all the way in Punjab. How many of us would have gone this far to help someone? How many of us Sikhs would fear our own lives and turn a blind eye?

This is “Sarbat Da Balla” in its entireity. This is the “Shubh Karman” that Guru Gobind Singh Ji talks about. This Singh belonged to no Jatha, no Taksaal, no Dal, he was just a sewadar earning a living in the UK. He was a Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, of Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Please let’s not forget this. Sukhwinder Singh has become a national hero for Britain, his memory in the mainstream may only last a few days but his noble deeds should be an inspiration for us Sikhs for the rest of our lives. Please, let’s not forget this veer’s actions. Someone’s already mentioned a fund for the family of Sukhwinder Singh, please can this be shared amongst the Sangat so that we can show his family that they were blessed with a brave son, a brave father and a brave husband.

I passed by the crime scene last night and it felt like an empty ground with no memorial for what this Singh. When a loved on is killed in a car accident, people place flowers, cards, photographs on the scene, people visit the scene and remember their loved one. This Singh was a Pyara (loved one) of the Guru and the least we owe him a place in our memories.

Just Wanted to say that Money isnt a big issue here, but however if the sangat wants to help then defoo's something will be done by the local gurudwara commitee as they can make sure that in india the money goes in the right hands e.g. Son or his wife. I will post up some useful numbers to contact as his relatives are still getting in touch with the commitee at the gurudwara to encourage the police to send Sukhwinder's Body back home soon as possible.Hopefully There will be a programme organised at the Gurudwara for his bravery. Will post up any info later. Back to revision.Exams 2mrw :(

The brave death of Bhai Sukhwinder Singh is an inspiration for us bickering Sikhs. So many of us are so into our Jathas, our Groups, our version of history and our version of maryada. We spend hours proving each other wrong and justifying our Sikh superiority over others, justifying our own jeevans.

However, picture this. A women being mugged by 2 big black men, a woman being punched in the face by the aggressive mugger and then a lone Singh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji giving chase to these muggers risking more than just his live, but risking the life-line of his wife, son, mother and father all the way in Punjab. How many of us would have gone this far to help someone? How many of us Sikhs would fear our own lives and turn a blind eye?

This is "Sarbat Da Balla" in its entireity. This is the "Shubh Karman" that Guru Gobind Singh Ji talks about. This Singh belonged to no Jatha, no Taksaal, no Dal, he was just a sewadar earning a living in the UK. He was a Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, of Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Please let's not forget this. Sukhwinder Singh has become a national hero for Britain, his memory in the mainstream may only last a few days but his noble deeds should be an inspiration for us Sikhs for the rest of our lives. Please, let's not forget this veer's actions. Someone's already mentioned a fund for the family of Sukhwinder Singh, please can this be shared amongst the Sangat so that we can show his family that they were blessed with a brave son, a brave father and a brave husband.

I passed by the crime scene last night and it felt like an empty ground with no memorial for what this Singh. When a loved on is killed in a car accident, people place flowers, cards, photographs on the scene, people visit the scene and remember their loved one. This Singh was a Pyara (loved one) of the Guru and the least we owe him a place in our memories.

A really beautifully post above........We visited the scene of the death of Bhai Sukhwinder Singh today, some of the local residents came out to talk to us asking if we knew Bhai Sahib personally. There's small number of flowers placed around one of the lamposts on the corner of Victoria road and Loxford road, one was from a local Black resident, the card praised Bhai Sahib's bravery and said that not all Black people are muggers and thieves....looks like this is really bringing the local community together..