The Sikh Story: 1984 - Bbc 1 Documentary & Discussions On The Sikh Channel

THE SIKH STORY: 1984

1 - BBC 1 are broadcasting a documentary on 1984 called THE SIKH STORY: 1984 and it will be shown on BBC 1 Sunday 10 January 2010 at 10.55pm. It is supposed to be about Operation Bluestar and events leading up to it.

2 - Tonight on Saturday 9 January 2010 the Sikh Channel 840 will be showing a preview at 8pm of this documentary that is coming on tomorrow night and interviewing the BBC people who have made it (Sonia Deol and the other person).

3- On Monday 11 January 2010, in the evening I think Sikh Channel are going to do another live discussion show about the documentary after its broadcast on Sunday night.

Everyone who can should watch all these programmes and comment in this topic about them. I think all Sikhs are hoping the BBC documentary is not biased and it is the true accurate picture of what really happened in 1984 and not the typical Indian Government false propaganda version!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PunjabSingh

I am watching this program now and hope the new generation will certainly learn more than what they actually know at the moment by watching this documentary.

We have lived through the whole of 1984 and post 1984 events and we will never forget 1984 till our death .Actually 1984 changed our whole view on how we look at the world and who are friends and enemies actually are.

Guest PunjabSingh

From the views of the people being interviewed today I feel the program will be somewhat biased on trying to prove how the things have "moved on" and how the situation "has changed" in Punjab and India.

Just heard Interview of Sonia Deol and Tommy by Kuljeet Singh on sikh channel. I wanted to call in but for some reason i never get called back. All I wanted to say was following:

1. Did India need such huge Army just to capture one Man, Sant ji. That too on a gurpurab when thousands of people were there. And what compulsion were they under to attack so many other Gurdwaras same day. I think this programme is clearly going to portray Sant ji in negative light. And Sonia had to accept what she thought in response to a call that she beleives Sant ji shouldn't have been inside Darbaar Sahib.

2. On Tommy's comment that India has moved on and we should too. If things had changed there 2002 in Gujarat wouldn't have happened. Situation there is just as bad as it was in 1984.

3. On his comment that only people outside make more noise while Indian people want to move on, well its simple. people here can speak their mind while people there don't want to be in further trouble by speaking their mind openly.

At best the programme will educated some Gore who don't know anything about 1984 that it happened!

I can't watch the Documentary in Germany. I dun have the channel and the Internet stream doesn't work cause it's only for Uk....

Does somebody know how to watch it tomorrow?

vjkk vjkf

I'm not sure if this will work outside the UK, but I think it should do if you make sure you add .CO.UK at the end of the URL....

If you go to this website.... >> http://www.tvguide.co.uk/ and scroll down a little you will see the TV program listings of lots of channels, and you will see it says 'BBC1 London' first and then 'BBC2 London' and then 'ITV1 London' etc etc Now under each of these channels there is a link called 'watch', click on that and it will take you to a live stream of the channel...

lets hope it works

vjkk vjkf