The Sikh Story: 1984 - Bbc 1 Documentary & Discussions On The Sikh Channel

The programme was good on the perspective of Sonia finding out about 1984 but dodgy on the issue of Sant Ji.She has been given the wrong facts and lies by the likes of Mark Tully and others.Sant Ji took weapons inside to defend the shrine as the plan for the attack had been hatched years before in a remote desert of Rajasthan I believe on a replica of Sri Darbar Sahib,not to mention the Dharam Yudh Morcha and Civil Rights Movement of the Sikhs.Sant Ji never tried to escape this new 'story' was told to the Indian media by a general last June that Sant Ji died under the rubble and so on. Sonia came across confused and at times acceptive of the fact that Sant Ji was in the right you could see it in her face ,General Brar got grilled I wonder how she felt when she encountered the devil himself - you could see in her eyes and her stare about how she felt about him - to be frank he even looks like something from hell. I did think at times when she said the wrong things about Sant Ji - that it was her saying it but we have to understand that she has just discovered the truth about 1984 and has info flowing to her from all sources pro and anti Sikh ,with her being a BBC presenter the Indian propaganda can affect her more,she should watch the Sikh Channel 12 part show on Youtube for a full true account on 1984

All in all a good effort from herself - but the anti Sikh elements had their say also to confuse her,there is no denial that she was moved by her journey and in due course I believe she will find out the truth about Sant Ji and why Sikhs armed themselves and about the Civil Rights Movement and Dharam Yudh Morcha. Her peice on the Delhi Genocide I believe was flawless, I believe we should encourage Sonia to examine the facts herself she knows the basics - now she just needs to be told the truth of the Sikh Side

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Kuljit Singh. I reluctantly interviewed the two for Sikh channel...I had arrived with understanding that will be doing a q and a with a panel but found myself CONDUCTIng the interview with Sonia and Tommy nagra the exec prod for documentary.

Sonia completely and utterly lied on Sikh channel to sangat. She said the doc had nothing to do with Sant Jarnail Singh ji... but when u look at the factual information supplied in documentary and compare to real facts ... sant ji was shown as a congress puppet. Gursikhs carrying shashters were called militants when know that Sant Sipahi is the aim of a khalsa... there were so many incorrect references to numbers of victims and total disregard to human rights stats and the reports of other journalists. No mention of hindus who joined amritdhari ranks ...

Sonia shows her shallowness in two areas...its acknowledged she is walking on the path...but no mention of diwali reason of celebration for sikhs ; responds to an 18 yr old and questions him in a manner that prob just confused the lad rather than made him understand the question!

pathetic attempt to portray the 84 issue. Have to go work tomorow with prospect of making sant ji look in better light than what was portrayed.

Sant ji's speeches clear the congress puppet argument as well as akali supporter argument.

As for tully's feet touching sant ji's sri sahib. Says it all ...goray cant and prob wont ever get it. Bus incident totally confused and shown wrecklessly as the time when sant jis notes were burnt!

SONIA lied blatantly on sikh channel that the documentary wasnt about sant jarnail singh ji...id estimate nearly third of it was related to sant ji.

positive things was kes issue for bibia...but there are strong bibia who have got more guts than sonia...who was reluctant to even cover her own head in sikh channel studio [because in her own words...she felt uncomfortable.]

i asked if she could reappear on mon nites show but she quickly avoided the question.

when i told her about sant ji's jivan in the studio she looked shocked...she clearly has not done too much research herself.

anyways sikh sangat will prob put her right in the next couple of days.

there were so many facts i noted but i will prob reply to her .

we can complain to bbc through website...write valid reasons. and demand a docum that actually portrays sant ji in the right manner.

The programme was good on the perspective of Sonia finding out about 1984 but dodgy on the issue of Sant Ji.She has been given the wrong facts and lies by the likes of Mark Tully and others.Sant Ji took weapons inside to defend the shrine as the plan for the attack had been hatched years before in a remote desert of Rajasthan I believe on a replica of Sri Darbar Sahib,not to mention the Dharam Yudh Morcha and Civil Rights Movement of the Sikhs.Sant Ji never tried to escape this new 'story' was told to the Indian media by a general last June that Sant Ji died under the rubble and so on. Sonia came across confused and at times acceptive of the fact that Sant Ji was in the right you could see it in her face ,General Brar got grilled I wonder how she felt when she encountered the devil himself - you could see in her eyes and her stare about how she felt about him - to be frank he even looks like something from hell. I did think at times when she said the wrong things about Sant Ji - that it was her saying it but we have to understand that she has just discovered the truth about 1984 and has info flowing to her from all sources pro and anti Sikh ,with her being a BBC presenter the Indian propaganda can affect her more,she should watch the Sikh Channel 12 part show on Youtube for a full true account on 1984

All in all a good effort from herself - but the anti Sikh elements had their say also to confuse her,there is no denial that she was moved by her journey and in due course I believe she will find out the truth about Sant Ji and why Sikhs armed themselves and about the Civil Rights Movement and Dharam Yudh Morcha. Her peice on the Delhi Genocide I believe was flawless, I believe we should encourage Sonia to examine the facts herself she knows the basics - now she just needs to be told the truth of the Sikh Side

i think your right, but also they squashed a lot into a 1 hour documentary - maybe thats why they simplified alot of it. if it wasnt so rushed and condensed it might have painted a better picture, but then would gore who only know abt terrorists like bin laden understand? from facebook it looks like its struck a chord with young sikhs. now sonia has to live by her 'newly discovered sikhism' and be a role model.

i thought it was a load of bs. tully chattibn sumin about the police burning sants sermons so he turned against the govt? wats all that about? he even tried to prove his stupid theory by saying when sant talked about the govt burning our children he sed sant was refering to the sermons. wat a dumass. man is thick as anything if he got to that conclusion. a more plausable reason why he turned anti govt was after 78 wen the police helped teh nirankaris attack sikh peaceful protesters but that wasnt even mentioned. why didnt she refer to sikh accusations that the attack coincided with guru ji shaheedi to maximise deaths? even on the pogroms she didnt even mention the hand of indian govt officials in organising em, she just sed in sum cases police did nufin or sumin like that. u telling me ppl forgot to tell her these things? and her dum conclusion that there wer no more injustices on sikhs in punjab because she had a convo with a 18 yr kid.

This is Kuljit Singh. I reluctantly interviewed the two for Sikh channel...I had arrived with understanding that will be doing a q and a with a panel but found myself CONDUCTIng the interview with Sonia and Tommy nagra the exec prod for documentary.

Sonia completely and utterly lied on Sikh channel to sangat. She said the doc had nothing to do with Sant Jarnail Singh ji... but when u look at the factual information supplied in documentary and compare to real facts ... sant ji was shown as a congress puppet. Gursikhs carrying shashters were called militants when know that Sant Sipahi is the aim of a khalsa... there were so many incorrect references to numbers of victims and total disregard to human rights stats and the reports of other journalists. No mention of hindus who joined amritdhari ranks ...

Sonia shows her shallowness in two areas...its acknowledged she is walking on the path...but no mention of diwali reason of celebration for sikhs ; responds to an 18 yr old and questions him in a manner that prob just confused the lad rather than made him understand the question!

pathetic attempt to portray the 84 issue. Have to go work tomorow with prospect of making sant ji look in better light than what was portrayed.

Sant ji's speeches clear the congress puppet argument as well as akali supporter argument.

As for tully's feet touching sant ji's sri sahib. Says it all ...goray cant and prob wont ever get it. Bus incident totally confused and shown wrecklessly as the time when sant jis notes were burnt!

SONIA lied blatantly on sikh channel that the documentary wasnt about sant jarnail singh ji...id estimate nearly third of it was related to sant ji.

positive things was kes issue for bibia...but there are strong bibia who have got more guts than sonia...who was reluctant to even cover her own head in sikh channel studio [because in her own words...she felt uncomfortable.]

i asked if she could reappear on mon nites show but she quickly avoided the question.

when i told her about sant ji's jivan in the studio she looked shocked...she clearly has not done too much research herself.

anyways sikh sangat will prob put her right in the next couple of days.

there were so many facts i noted but i will prob reply to her .

we can complain to bbc through website...write valid reasons. and demand a docum that actually portrays sant ji in the right manner.

youve sed alot of points that i wanted to say, totally agree.

This is Kuljit Singh. I reluctantly interviewed the two for Sikh channel.......... and demand a docum that actually portrays sant ji in the right manner.

The Sikh Channel can help by playing Sant Ji's speeches, which they refuse to do. No point complaining to the BBC.

i dont think ppl realise how much damage these poorly researched programs do. i would say 90% off sikhs in uk do not bother researching 84 so they take most of there info from progs like this. whats the point of encouraging her to research the facts now wen shes already shown the bs documentary? sum1 shud work on sewing tully for character assasination of sant. i bet he didnt sit in the same room as sant more then a handful of times let alone speak to sant.

I think Sikh Channel need to show Sant Ji's speeches if Islam Channel can show their Leaders we can show ours. We SHOULD NOT go down the path of 'starting' or attacking Sonia I believe - we need to educate her ourselves as we know the truth and its down to us to educate people like her who have been told lies through the Indian Hindu Propaganda machine - Guru Kirpa the truth always comes out Mark Tully was the one who spread venom against Sant Ji pro India reporter,with him being BBC he probabaly filled Sonia's and the producer Tommys mind with lies -

yeah agree with above, what kirpadhar said etc.

she ends the show on a good note for sikhs, but the part about june earlier in the film is bias towards indian government for sure - not exactly both sides of the story.

Giani Puran singh ji was blatantly edited for the purposes of the film, as if he would only say about what sant ji thought and did in the battle. an important eye witness, and a 30sec interview shown about sant ji being fearless (which can be taken different ways from different perspectives)

what really got me was when SHE SAID sant ji and his men RAN from in front of the akal takht (from battle), and when brar had the audacity to speak of sant ji not being religious.

there were good parts of the documentary, making it slightly better than some other stuff in the past. the look on brar's face when he was asked if it was worth it - should get that part of the interview and do a body language study, like when he says he feels sorry etc - real remorse shows in the whole action of the body and face. he basically admitted to killing innocent people (oh you couldn't tell who was who etc).

after the indrajit singh interview she says sikhs in this country have moved on, she never interviewed any sikhs in uk about 1984 - well at the end of the show it mentioned about her radio show, i never listen to/call radio stations, but i'm sure people will.

only a couple of picures of june 84 were shown, where as the displays we've seen many times at gurdware show the dispicable attacks on sikhs, implications of firing squads, hands tied with turbans etc etc.

most if not all the times she shed a tear in that film, or felt sad, it was hard to empathise with her - lack of real emotional connection came through for me. never felt sorry for her only those she interviewed, her tears i felt were on occasion sometimes partly due to the guilt of the earlier interviews about june 84 and her lack of sympathy of the victims of the june attack (where she cried less) - and she cried more once she saw the widespread inhumanity.

AND about sant ji the soldier was just about portrayed but the sant was hardly mentioned which is downright disgraceful because sant comes first in sikhi.

I think Sikh Channel need to show Sant Ji's speeches if Islam Channel can show their Leaders we can show ours. We SHOULD NOT go down the path of 'starting' or attacking Sonia I believe - we need to educate her ourselves as we know the truth and its down to us to educate people like her who have been told lies through the Indian Hindu Propaganda machine - Guru Kirpa the truth always comes out Mark Tully was the one who spread venom against Sant Ji pro India reporter,with him being BBC he probabaly filled Sonia's and the producer Tommys mind with lies -

vaaheguroo, fully agree with this comment ^^^ we spend too much time judging instead of helping, judging only pushes a person away from sikhi, we need to help them understand by explaining to them the facts, its not their fault for being mislead

vaaheguroo