The Sikh Story: 1984 - Bbc 1 Documentary & Discussions On The Sikh Channel

I think she had done an OK job but there is too much to put into an hour show but still.................what was that about his speechs being burnt first tym i had herd about that lol.

And that photo of "His Shaheedi Roop" that was the first time I had seen that one can some one up that plz???

I know this maybe should be put in a new thread but i cnt be botherd.....was Indira death worth the deaths of our brothers and sisters in dehli???

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fordcapri

I notice a few people are getting upset about the fact Jarnail Singh was promoted to an extent by congress.

S.A.D are the ones who had the plan for autonomous state and rights, it was them who came up with Anandpur resolution.

Jarnail Singh was brought on the political scene by congress to take support away from the Akialis who had democratic plans and a real political agender.

Jarnail Singh was doing a good job by brining Sikh youth away from drugs drinks and preaching Sikhs and thats where he should have stayed.

Both Alkalis and Congress played a part in realising him from Jail. Akalis wanted him out of jail as the longer he stayed in jail the more of a hero he would be, congress wanted him out as if he was inside he could not cause problems.

I agree over the years he had become an enemy of congress as things werent going as expected.

.....blue star

Here a question for all.

Ho would you feel if Jarnail Singh had survived blue star??

In a book called diary de panar by a Sikh journalist who was in Harminder siabh at the time of blue star, he claims to have heard Jarnail Singh saying some thing along the lines of ...if we come out alive the people (Sikhs) will tear us apart as the Golden Temple has been attacked and we are still alive.

Not saying I agree with all the above just something that should be thought over.

sonia's response:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia-Deol/241550348206

look at her messages shes real into her self.

"Sonia Deol watching Sikh Channel discussion where all guests saying the same thing.. now that's not very balanced. why doesn't the Sikh Channel make a more detailed prog on 84? easy to criticise...words and action..two different things" sonia deol

Several callers spoke in support of the documentry so i dont know what sonia is chating about. also if all sikhs are saying the same thing, doesnt that tell her that she missed something vital in her documentry? Sikh channel is not as well established channel yet they have still covered loads on 1984. on the subject of being balanced, sonia is deleting fair comments posted on her page.

what all 13 clips, it was a real good show.

"Why did Sikh Channel not read out BBC press statement that answered peoples questions despite being reminded to several times? is it cos in a one hour discussion they did not have time?" sonia deol

perhaps because they were giving a voice to all its viewers! moreover, the bbc can read the press release on their own channels! why did sonia not spend 30 seconds saying "sikhs protested peacefully for several years before taking arms into the golden temple"? or "indian soldiers including generals fled their ranks to join sant ji as they knew the gvt was planning an attack".

sonia's documentary should have been called bezti 2