What Are Amritdhari Couple Aloud To Wear On Their Wedding?

SinghniKaur

Guest simi

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh to all,

I am also considering taking amrit and would like to complete my mission in a spiritual journey...

I've seeked many advise from saint & other wiser people on what are the does & don't of an amritdhari...

Before i answer, first ask yourself, why am i taking amrit for? It is for me? for my guruji or for the people around me?

The answer should be for yourself.. it because you want to take amrit is the one that creates sincerity to get up early morning

before the sun rise & mediate on WAHEGURU..& then its for guruji as you are apart of his soldier

The main job / task of an amritdhari is so wake up & do 5 bania, rehraas & sohila not forgetting naam simran.. amritdhari is someone

who discipline themselves to control the 5 thieves.

amritdhari is someone who brings in nimrataa (humbleness) in them... this is what our Guruji want from us.. Be humble yet FIRM...

About the wearing of amrithdhari..

One should not be so dualed by this... wear your 5Ks.. yes that is a MUST but our guruji never say don't make up .. don't wear bangle... don't wear earings.. don't wear lehenga & sarees and etc.. he never said that.. SO why do all this to show people that i am an amritdhari when

the basic of what an amritdhari should be doing is not done?

Like is anandsahib... baharoo nirmal andhero mehle thini jueh janam haria...

what is the point of being clean outer & dirty inside ?

This is not what i am saying..., this is what a wise person told me before.... when you start reading your banis daily.. believe me, you by your own self will not want to make up & wear any accessory because that time all what you want is a deeper spiritual journey..

let everthing come in naturally.. most importantly don't leave your bani.. the rest with his KIRPA, guru maharaj will unfold everything for you & you will have a blissfull journey as an amritdhari...

I hope i have enlighten those who wants to take amrit.... Need not think twice... its not a difficult journey but a wonderfull journey to self

realisation the others will be guided as you travel deeper.

God bless all....

Yeah and 3HO believe that female amritdhari Sikhs cannot cut the hair on their head, but all other facial and body hair can be removed!

I wouldn't take them as an example!

Absolutely ridiculous!

Totally disagree with jassa

how many wives and mothers of purataan gursikhs and mahapurasha's have you seen that wear make up and jewellrey?

Also, if it's acceptable for a woman to wear make up, then that means it's acceptable for a Singh to dye their dharaa black right?!?!

Spot on!

There is no one you need to impress apart from God. Whats the need in all the jewelry, your just putting on a show! Who ever thinks its right to wear a lengha etc you need to wake up. Lengheh were first wore by prostitutes :)

Guest Guest

There is no one you need to impress apart from God. Whats the need in all the jewelry, your just putting on a show! Who ever thinks its right to wear a lengha etc you need to wake up. Lengheh were first wore by prostitutes :)

By the same token, I know from personal experience that when jeans first started appearing in India, only those girls wore them who wanted attention (I will not use the derogatory term you have used). That was an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

From a structural stand point, chola is not that much different than a lengha.

Oh and also, I've lost count of how many times I've seen people wear bana just for show as well. So your statement is completely incorrect and not based on facts.

I'm all for keeping things simple but to equate people who do wear jewellery with prostitutes is absolutely preposterous.

To "_Guest_" how can you say chola is same as lengha?

Have you ever worn Gurujis given chola?. If you have you'll know the feeling which I can't even describe because there are no words to describe it of how a Singh or singhnee feels when their in chola. Same can't be said about a lengha.

Sorry if if said wrong but comparing a chola to a lengha isn't right

Peace out

Guest Guest

To "_Guest_" how can you say chola is same as lengha?

Have you ever worn Gurujis given chola?. If you have you'll know the feeling which I can't even describe because there are no words to describe it of how a Singh or singhnee feels when their in chola. Same can't be said about a lengha.

Sorry if if said wrong but comparing a chola to a lengha isn't right

Peace out

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Please read my post again. I was specifically talking strictly from a structural point of view and nothing else.

I am sorry and know what i am going to say will probably offend all you fanatics out there. Marriage is supposed to be a union of two people which is pre-destined by Waheguru and why people here believe there should not be a celebration is beyond me. I have been to many amritdhari weddings, and feel that i am going to a funeral, no one is really happy and it is just a mundane affair, whereas Sri Guru Granth Sahib says a wedding is a union to get to god so why not celebrate it.

That's an interesting comment. I find an amritdhari wedding to be a very solemn, respectable occasion because God is always kept at the forefront of everyone's mind. The bride and groom are - obviously necessary constituents of the event - not wishing to detract from the holy aspect of the union.

Although I can appreciate why some people would find the atmosphere unbearably stifling and sombre. I personally don't think it is. I guess it depends on one's frame of mind and expectations of the manner in which a marriage should take place.

• 1 month later...
Guest ANONYMOUS

WAHEGURU JI KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!! WELL YOU SHOULD BUT WHAT ABOUT EARRINGS BUT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT FOR 1 MOMENT YOU WILL ONLY HAVE IT FOR 1 DAY ALTHOUGH YOU WILL HAVE THE CHURAH BUT LIKE BHAJI SAID TALK TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERSABOUT IF YOU ARE UNSURE REMEMBER IT IS FOR 1 DAY ONLY THE PANJ KAKKARS ARE YOURS FOREVER. IT OS YOUR OPINIONS THOUGH I NOT SURE ABOUT EARRINGS!!! BOLE SO NIHAAL SATH SRI AKAAL. YOUR CHOICE WHAT EVER MAKES YOU HAPPY.

WAHEGURU JI KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!

• 1 month later...

That's an interesting comment. I find an amritdhari wedding to be a very solemn, respectable occasion because God is always kept at the forefront of everyone's mind. The bride and groom are - obviously necessary constituents of the event - not wishing to detract from the holy aspect of the union.

Although I can appreciate why some people would find the atmosphere unbearably stifling and sombre. I personally don't think it is. I guess it depends on one's frame of mind and expectations of the manner in which a marriage should take place.

There's a Punjabi proverb that states it's difficult for a teetotaller to sit with a group of drinkers and it's difficult for a drinker to sit with a group of teetotallers.