Shaky Voice

Guest Gupt

Waheguru Ji,

does anyone know wht i can do for my shaky voice when by guru sahib's grace he gives the seva of doing keertan? Especially after a high-sur, when i return back to the original, normal sur, it turns out to be shaky and hard to sing.

Guru Ang Sang.

Waheguru Ji,

does anyone know wht i can do for my shaky voice when by guru sahib's grace he gives the seva of doing keertan? Especially after a high-sur, when i return back to the original, normal sur, it turns out to be shaky and hard to sing.

Guru Ang Sang.

fateh ji...

ur keyz mite be to high for u....trying lowering them,,,,,or,,,,u need to practice ur sa rae int he mornings :)

what you need to do is train your voice in order to strengthen it.

one way you can do this, is by playing one continuous note on the vaja, and just going "aaaaaa" to that note. so basically you just hold that note for as long as you can, and just belt it out. breathe from your stomach..however, the notes that you play should be very low, start at low sa, and then work your way down (left). the lower you can sing, the stronger your voice will become and it will become increasingly easier to sing the higer notes. this warm up is really effective, if im ever worried that my voice is messed up, ill just do this warm up for about 10 mins beforehand.

Guest ----GUPT----

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Do practice of alankar in moring between 4-6.

Do practice of one alankar for 15 min. WITH ITS ahakar.

BUL CHUK MAFA!

Hi ,

I would agree with above post, best way to strengthen your voice and hit the really high notes is to practice sustained notes on the very low notes.

Sustained Saaaaaa, Niiiiiiiiiiii, Dhaaaaa, paaaaaaa........ starting at the Madhya saptak and going lower.