Illegal Downloads

BhaiSukhSingh

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

sangat jee in my youth i never bought a film never bought a album always downloaded now becoming a GurSikh and trying to live an honest life if i was to download a software lets say lets say MicroSoft office and not pay for it does that make me a theif according to VaheGuru ???

I no only VaheGuru can judge and i said be thinken well of cource it is but i feel like these companies make milliion s ive spend 1000s of pounds on software y should i ??? maybe this is my past mentality thinken

please share ur opinions

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

I will also be honest, I have done so in the past, try not too now though. Well, if you think about it, if you didnt download it, what would you do? You would buy it. So really it is stealing. The prices might be ridiculous, and overpricing on the part of companies is also certainly not right, but at the end of the day it IS their property and if we aren't giving them what they want for it but still taking it, if its not stealing I don't know what is.

Guest fordcapri

Havent brought a cd since 2001 i either download or buy from india as it cheap over there.

Dvds, watch online, or 4 on ones from india (very cheap) or buy pirate copies here usualy from chineese people.

..........hardley a crime.

Yes is it stealing....would you steal a car, steal some from a shop? It is the same thing!

when downloading songs yall are depriving the artist and the record label from recouping their costs, paying the artists, income for the label and harming future projects as there is no money to invest due to illegal downloading.

But hey its the indian mentality..why pay for something when you can get it fro free..everybody is the same and always will be the same it dont matter if they sikh, hindu, muslim or christian ....its always going to be the same mentality.

Since i was at secondary school my dads been out of work ever since.. so money was always tight since growing up. So i have never paid for Office, or Virus protection and other programs like burning software.

Do bare in mind these companies charge redicousley high prices, and if i was to pay for all the programs i have and its quiet a bit of programs then i would be looking for a bigger overdraft limit on my bank account. So these big corporate companies over charging us is a way for us that to get back at them for them being greedy.

I honestly think things like Office should cost around 20-30 pounds max.... and if it was around that much everyone would just buy it and the company would make more that way as a large quantity of ppl would purchase which would make them more money than just a handful of ppl for office which is about 90 pounds....

So i dont call it stealing especially when the charging crazy prices...... :cool: thas jus my opinion..