Sukhmani Sahib

parmjit62

wahe guru ji ka khalsa-wahe guru ji ki fateh

I have read that when Guru Arjun dev was writting sukhmani sahib it had sto[ped in the middle and it is said that guru ji went to Baba sri chand ji and urged and then with his blessing the bani stated again.

Is this true or not please let me know

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

I have heard in Katha and read in some books that Guru Ji requested Sri Chand to compose Gurbani. SC Ji just altered the siharia in the Salok of seventeenth Ashtpadhee. Guru Ji's reason was to show respect to the son of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharajh.

Guru Ji would never suffer from writer's block it was just a symbol of respect.

Sri Guru Ramdas Ji Maharajh said to SC that their long beard was for dusting the charan of Mahapursh such as yourself. Again it must be understood that it takes a mighty person to show such nimrtah (humble).

Some Sikhs will strongly disagree with the above but it all boils down to personal sharda.

I have heard in Katha and read in some books that Guru Ji requested Sri Chand to compose Gurbani. SC Ji just altered the siharia in the Salok of seventeenth Ashtpadhee. Guru Ji's reason was to show respect to the son of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharajh.

Guru Ji would never suffer from writer's block it was just a symbol of respect.

Sri Guru Ramdas Ji Maharajh said to SC that their long beard was for dusting the charan of Mahapursh such as yourself. Again it must be understood that it takes a mighty person to show such nimrtah (humble).

Some Sikhs will strongly disagree with the above but it all boils down to personal sharda.

sukhmani sahib didnt stop, its dhur ki bani, nobody can stop it. but maharaj was writing sri sukhmani sahib, and they completed 16 astpadis. and at that time, baba sri chand ji came to meet maharaj at amritsar. it was the nimarta of maharaj that they asked baba sri chand ji to uchaar bani and they would have it added in sri sukhmani sahib. as maharaj said that this would be an honor since baba ji is the son of dhan dhan guru nanak dev ji maharaj, whos gaddi had been passed down onto guru arjun dev ji maharaj. and at that time baba sri chand ji said no no, they cannot add bani as they are not guru, and they do not have authority, these bachans show the nimarta of dhan dhan baba sri chand ji as well. but upon guru ji asking again, baba ji said to put pita ji's pankti's from mool mantar as the salok. and thats why, the 17th salok of sri sukhmani sahib is from mool mantar, but since maharaj had written it in jap ji sahib, guru arjun dev ji changed the bihaari into a sihaari, cuz in gurbani, and guru granth sahib ji, the same 2 panktis never repeat. if bani does repeat, there is always something changed about it. and this was to show respect of maharaj guru nanak dev ji.

but yea, sukhmani sahib has kirpa of both guru arjun dev ji and baba sri chand ji. some frown at the name of baba ji, or think that baba ji has no shakti or something, but this is guru nanak dev ji maharaj's saputar we are talking about here. its a very very big deal to be born into the house of maharaj guru nanak dev ji. so baba ji needs to be given utmost respect.

• 3 weeks later...

sukhmani sahib didnt stop, its dhur ki bani, nobody can stop it. but maharaj was writing sri sukhmani sahib, and they completed 16 astpadis. and at that time, baba sri chand ji came to meet maharaj at amritsar. it was the nimarta of maharaj that they asked baba sri chand ji to uchaar bani and they would have it added in sri sukhmani sahib. as maharaj said that this would be an honor since baba ji is the son of dhan dhan guru nanak dev ji maharaj, whos gaddi had been passed down onto guru arjun dev ji maharaj. and at that time baba sri chand ji said no no, they cannot add bani as they are not guru, and they do not have authority, these bachans show the nimarta of dhan dhan baba sri chand ji as well. but upon guru ji asking again, baba ji said to put pita ji's pankti's from mool mantar as the salok. and thats why, the 17th salok of sri sukhmani sahib is from mool mantar, but since maharaj had written it in jap ji sahib, guru arjun dev ji changed the bihaari into a sihaari, cuz in gurbani, and guru granth sahib ji, the same 2 panktis never repeat. if bani does repeat, there is always something changed about it. and this was to show respect of maharaj guru nanak dev ji.

but yea, sukhmani sahib has kirpa of both guru arjun dev ji and baba sri chand ji. some frown at the name of baba ji, or think that baba ji has no shakti or something, but this is guru nanak dev ji maharaj's saputar we are talking about here. its a very very big deal to be born into the house of maharaj guru nanak dev ji. so baba ji needs to be given utmost respect.

Please quote source of Saakhi.

If there is documentary proof in Sikh literature about this SAKHI.

If so please quote. I do not rely upon Kathha done by any so called

Sants or So called Mahapurashs because afterall they are also SIKHS

and Gurbani says :-

"Bhullan ander sabh ko , abhull Guru Kartaar"

Moreover there are so many told stories by so called Sants or So

called Mahapurashs which have no authentic historical proof.

Please never think that I do not respect TAKSAAL or Taksaal related

Legend Gursikhs. I have very close and familiar relations with so many

Taksaal Kathhawachaks and Taksaal, duiring my stay of 2.5 years at

SRIHARGOBINDPUR which is just 20 Km. from CHOWK MEHTA and I

have enjoyed that stay and visited Taksaal so many times and

has been discussing with Gursikhs and gained knowlrdge on so

many aspects about SIKHI.

Bhul chuk khima,

Waheguru ji ka Khansa Waheguru ji kiFateh

i can tell from ur post, u have not gained much knowledge about sikhi if thats the view u have about sants and mahapurshs. "oh they are also sikhs".

u quote gurbani pankti's but gurbani also says "sant raam hai eako" sant's and mahapurshs are one the same level as the lord.

gurbani also says "meri bhandi bhagat chudavai, bandai bhagat and chotai mohe". meaning wat god does, the bhagats can change, but wat the bhagats do, not even maharaj can change that. why? because gobind pao bhagat da pukha. maharaj is ageyakaari of the saints and mahapurshs. so no, they are not only sikhs, but they are saints, they are brahmgianis. and in gurbani, it says many many times, that maharaj and his saints have no differnce. in gurbani many times, it says saints are the heights beings of all.

maybe you should listen to katha and try to learn something about saints and learn wat gurbani says about bhagats and saints, instead of trying to figure it out for urself?

oh and if ur asking about proof written in proof so that you can belive something, then im sorry, there is no such thing when it comes to this situtaion. brahmgiani's tell this sakhi in katha, but u have not heard that. and if you dont believe it, then im sorry, thats ur personal choice. wat the saints say, thats wat matters. wat the saints do, thats wat counts. the saints bachans are wat matters, not our own personal thinking. as this is wat is written in gurbani.

sorry if that sounded rude or something, uneducated people like myself dont know any better.

My dear brother,

I just asked you the historical truth but you are just relying upon a kathhawachak

and have written an essay an SANT and MAHAPURASH. I can also write like that but

my true Guru (Guru GRANTH Sahib ji ) do not allow me to make unnecessary debate

over any topic and tells us :-

"Bed parhehe aru baad vakhaanehe , Ahela janam gavaavahe."

But my true GURU also tells me the definition of SANT and MAHAPURAKH :-

"Hamro bharta bado bibeki aape SANT kahaavehe."

and

"Es jag meh ek purakh he hor sagli naar sabaaee."

and

"Har jesa purakh na labhaee , sabh dekhyea jagat mai tole."

Here Gurbaani or Shabad Guru ,is teaching us that our bharta mean AKAAL PURAKH

or SATGURU himself is the SANT.

There is only one PURAKH in world and that is Akaal Purakh or SATGURU and remaing

all are females (mean souls ).

There is no PURAKH like HAR (AKAAL PURAKH) or SATGURU in this world.And if there is no

purakh, question does not arise about MAHAPURAKH.

My dear brother when Gurbaani says that there is no PURAKH , then how a fool like me

can believe that some human being other than SATGURU can be called as SANT OR

MAHAPURAKH.

For your kind information SANT or MAHAPURAKH like words or adjectives

have never been used for great Gursikhs during life time of 10 GURU SAHIBAN (who have

been teaching the gurmat through Gurbani) like BHAEE LEHNA JI ( who became later on

GURU ANGAD DEV JI) , BABA BUDDHA JI,BABA AJITTA (randhawa )JI, Bhai Jetha ji (who

became later on GURU RAAM DASS JI )BHAI GURDAS JI, BHAI BIDHI CHAND JI, BHAI

MANJH JI, BHAI SALO JI, BHAI MATI DAS JI,BHAI DAYALA JI, ALL PUNJ PYARE,BHAI SANGAT

SINGH JI, BHAI MANI SINGH JI, BABADEEP SINGH JI and so many such GURSIKHS whose

list can never end.

When during life time of Guru sahibaan SANT or MAHAPURAKH words have not been used for

any Gursikh ; what is the necessity or cumpulsion now to use these words for our spritual

preachers or legend Gursikhs( who are kathhani karani de poore).We must call them as

"BHAI SAHIB JI " or BABA JI ( If he is old aged ).

My dear brother what ever i am telling, is based upon study of Gurbani ( continuous sehaj pathh

since last 27 years) after having obtained Santhya from the Gursikhs at Nathalpur and also from

Baba Ajit Singh ji Nathalpur wale who was very much respected by GYANI Gurbachan Singh

ji BHINDRAWALE, Gyani KARTAR Singh ji BHINDRAWALE, AND Gyani JARNAIL Singh ji BHINDRAWALE.

GYANI (SANT ) JARNAIL Singh ji BHINDRAWALE immeditely after taking over as jathedar of DAMDAMI TAKSAAL visited Nathalpur to take blessings of BABA AJIT SINGH ji Nathalpur wale who asked GYANI

(SANT ) JARNAIL Singh ji BHINDRAWALE " aa baee Gyania ,ban gaye Jathedaar Taksaal da. Dekhi kade

sant na akhvaaee apne aap nu te sadaa ek nimaana SIKH ban ke raheen." And I have so many

witnesses of this incident.

Please forgive me if I am wrong and accept if you find it right in light of Gurbani.

Bhul chuk Khima,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

so in other words, ur alergic with the word sant, or mahapursh. and dont try that sweet talk on me dear brother, ur not as smart as you think.

gurbani says there are sants, but you say there are no sants. so why does gurbani use the word sant over and over again??

true guru says to follow the sants, but you say there are no sants, then who do we follow??

true guru says to wash the feet of sants, but you say there are no sants, then tell me whos feet we wash?

true guru says to pakha sewa to the sants, but you say there are no sants, then who we do pakha sewa to??

gurbani says follow the jeevan of the sants, but you say there are no sants, then who do we folllow??

wat does this line here mean?

sMqw sMgiq imil rhY jip rwm nwmu suKu pwie

wat does this shabad mean?

soriT mhlw 5 ]

hm sMqn kI rynu ipAwry hm sMqn kI srxw ]

sMq hmwrI Et sqwxI sMq hmwrw ghxw ]1]

hm sMqn isau bix AweI ]

pUrib iliKAw pweI ]

iehu mnu qyrw BweI ] rhwau ]

sMqn isau myrI lyvw dyvI sMqn isau ibauhwrw ]

sMqn isau hm lwhw KwitAw hir Bgiq Bry BMfwrw ]2]

sMqn mo kau pUMjI saupI qau auqirAw mn kw DoKw ]

Drm rwie Ab khw krYgo jau PwitE sglo lyKw ]3]

mhw Anµd Bey suKu pwieAw sMqn kY prswdy ]

khu nwnk hir isau mnu mwinAw rMig rqy ibsmwdy ]4]8]19]

and wat does this pankti mean?

sMq kw inMdku prmysuir mwrw

and wat does this pankti mean?

sMq jnw imil pweIAY rsnw nwmu Bxw

and wat does this pankti mean since akal purkh is the only sant?

sMq shweI rwm ky kir ikrpw dIAw imlwie

if nobody is a sant, wat does this pankti mean?

iqau sMq jnw kI nr inMdw krih hir rwKY pYj jn kyrI

if there are no sants, wat does this mean?

Awvhu sMqhu imil nwmu jpwhw

there are thousands of panktis in gurbani that talk about sants. why does maharaj use the word sant if there were no sants?