Coventry Meeting Took It Too Far! Important & Urgent Meeting To Implement Nanakshahi Calendar And Respect For Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.

Okay simple question when was Gurn Nanak Dev ji actually born ??? in accordance with the our calendar in the west ??? Was it november or April ??? let's get it right is the date really that important or the fact we celebrate guru sahibs message ??? guru ji said the day is dhan which I meet you... dhan soh vilaa jith mai satguru milhayaa... we really need to stop pretending we know which calendar is correct... historians show different dates for so much in sikhi...who do we believe the babea, the missionaires, the scholars ??

The theory this bikarami calendar of this came from guru jis time is incorrect there is a difference of number of years compared to bikrami... do your research ! there is a thread on this forum about it... also i haven't done all the khoj.. i am learning.. i am not claiming I know everything... bhandea khok dhil har rohj... guru mehar karea we can learn to learn in a peaceful manner without the vulgar language.. "effin"...

fikaa bol viguchanaa sun moorakh man ajaan ||

Harsh words bring only grief. Listen, O foolish and ignorant mind!

naanak fikai boliai than man fikaa hoe ||

O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.

fiko fikaa sadheeai fikae fikee soe ||

He is called the most insipid of the insipid; the most insipid of the insipid is his reputation.

fikaa dharageh satteeai muhi thhukaa fikae paae ||

The insipid person is discarded in the Court of the Lord, and the insipid one's face is spat upon.

Do you want any more quotes ???

rasanaa fikaa bolanaa nith nith hoe khuaar ||

and who speaks insipid words with his tongue, is ruined, again and again.

fikaa moorakh aakheeai paanaa lehai sajaae ||1||

The insipid one is called a fool; he is beaten with shoes in punishment. ||

LOL i love this.. so we shouldn't worry about dates is what ur saying? ok then.. Lets make life easier and celebrate all the gurpurabs, vaisakhi, shaheedi divas and all other key dates on one day. That way we can have a really big program every year for ALL the events in the Sikh/Hindu-wannabe-fake calender :ph34r:

DATES MATTER.. would you celebrate your birthday on a completely different day? if ur birthday was in January would you be happy to celebrate it in October... NO...Use your BRAIN and THINK for a change..

As for Sant ji being alive.. HE IS IN CHARDI KALHA!...and Damdami Taksal WAS started by Guru Gobind Singh.. some of our "over-educated" friends need to start reading some History!!! Todays meeting is a MUST and is for the PANTH against the Pakhand that went on yesterday!

your really are a simpleton.. i'm saying why are we fighting over the dates ?? why not just agree on one and get on with it... histroically related of course.. and as for my b'day... i don't celebrate it...another year lost as I see it !!!!

your really are a simpleton.. i'm saying why are we fighting over the dates ?? why not just agree on one and get on with it... histroically related of course.. and as for my b'day... i don't celebrate it...another year lost as I see it !!!!

i'm the simpleton? is that why u had to say it twice? lol

When you celebrate you birthdays - do you do that by Bikrami calendar?

When you celebrate you anniversary's - do you do that by Bikrami calendar?

So why do it differently for Gurpurb's? Why follow brahmin ways according to the moon, sun, stars???

Gurus birthday are histroical dates and are observed per lunar calender.No religion on earth follow solar calender.

Bikrami calender is calender of Punjab and not of Hindus.Saka calender is a Hindu calender. Just as day ,night and evenings are not Hindu, in the same way lunar calender is not Hindu.

Guru Nanak dev ji was born on full moon of kartik. You cann't fix a date for his birthday as done by Purewal as his birthday should fall on full moon.

Bikrami Samvat calender was of Iranian origin and adapted by militant tribes of Punjab who made their mark in world history by putting a strong resistance against Alexander the great. They adopted it in 57 BC. This was known as Malva calender. History states that its name was changed to Bikrami calender in 858 AD. History also states that Raja Bikramidittaya was a mythological figure only. Bikrami calender is followed both Indian and Pakistan Punjabs.

So why not start celebrating yours like that then?

Also when santhiya of Charitropakhyan is done at DT, why are women not allowed to participate?

before you proceed further with your bukwas, may i know what is essence of charitropakhayan and what is wrong with it.Are you wiser than Guru sahib who wrote charitropakhayn.

Some persons are writing bukwas here without having any knowledge of sikh history and are dishing out propaganda tales.They need to know saroop compiled by Bhai mani singh ji was a composite one consisting of SGGS ji and dasam Granthn sahib.

You didn't answer my question mr spokesperson for DT?

You didnt answer my other questions?

Just answer the ones that suit you??

Inder Singh

Please could you give me an answar to this question please.

We are discussing issues here and not personalities. Bhindrewale has done a wonderful job for the glory of khalsa panth. He is a great hero of ours.

The thread on hand is not make of fun of him as his detractors are doing here. His detractor proving himself to be a stooge of the same RSS forces by writing derogatory about sant Bhindrewale whom he is condemning.

Let us focus on the issues and not personalities.

Do not equate Gurus birthday to that of yours. Gurus birthday dates have to be when they were born.

You have not understood what i tried to convey.When guru nanak dev ji was born moon was full. By fixing his birthday on a date when moon is three quarter is foolishness.

Moorakh ji wrote

Where is the letter you were touting. Produce that or apologize.Ask your friend from kala afghnaa school to help you if they can.

There have been a few posts by some newcomers that were highly derogatory of Sant Bhindrewale. Only enemies of sikhs can write such posts for a person who sacrificed his life for sikh struggle.

Posts that are derogatroy to Dasam Granth sahib and sant bhindrewale will be deleted and posters will be banned without warning.Focus on issue and not persons.

Inder Singh

Please could you give me an answar to this question please.

We are discussing issues here and not personalities. Bhindrewale has done a wonderful job for the glory of khalsa panth. He is a great hero of ours.

The thread on hand is not make of fun of him as his detractors are doing here. His detractor proving himself to be a stooge of the same RSS forces by writing derogatory about sant Bhindrewale whom he is condemning.

Let us focus on the issues and not personalities.

Inder Singh - You have been the one targeting personalities and making this personal as well - If we discuss the issue and facts then maybe we can have a civilised discussion. No need to get personal as you have said!!

There have been a few posts by some newcomers that were highly derogatory of Sant Bhindrewale. Only enemies of sikhs can write such posts for a person who sacrificed his life for sikh struggle.

Posts that are derogatroy to Dasam Granth sahib and sant bhindrewale will be deleted and posters will be banned without warning.Focus on issue and not persons.

I agree - focus on the issues and facts!

Do not equate Gurus birthday to that of yours. Gurus birthday dates have to be when they were born.

You have not understood what i tried to convey.When guru nanak dev ji was born moon was full. By fixing his birthday on a date when moon is three quarter is foolishness.

Moorakh ji wrote

Where is the letter you were touting. Produce that or apologize.Ask your friend from kala afghnaa school to help you if they can.

No one is comparing themselves to guru sahib - we are talking about calender dates! Where was the moon when you were born? Do you celebrate according to this?

As I said I didnt write that paragraph I got is from somewhere!!Lets stikc to the questions and topic - you have not answered my other questions yet!! Stop avoiding them!

Bhindranwale being alive or not is an issue.

It was created by sections of the Damdami Taksal saying Bhindranwale is alive.

Any questioning of this claim was met by aggression and hostility and statements like "you calling Baba Jee (Baba Thakur Singh) a liar".

I went to one of these Damdami Taksal meets as a matter of curiosity a few years ago.

The speakers clearly stated that Bhindranwale is alive. He was taken from Golden Temple complex by 5 Singhs. They

showed a video of Baba Thakur Singh Jee at Wolves Gurdwara saying all this.

Now these very people are refusing to say he is alive. They are saying he is in "chardi kala" because it is finally dawning on them that they are being made to look stupid.

A lot of these very same people are pro prakash of Dasam Granth.

Again, any questioning of this is met by aggression and hostility.

Intimidation is being used and attempts made to stop those who oppose the prakash from speaking.

This post contains no derogatory remarks of Bhindranwale or Dasam Granth.