Sikhs Don’T Help Sikhs

Guest GUPT

I recently went through a series of different problems; I contacted the following organisations for help: United Sikhs, Sikh Channel, Sikh Helpline and Slough Sikhs.

None of these organisations even acknowledged me with an answer. Also all the so-called Gursikhs who used to run Sikh Society at university did not help, I realised they only spoke to me when they needed help with exams or coursework’s. I’m sad to say that I got much more help and support non-Sikh organisations.

I know most of you will say that only Maharaj is there, I know that is true but sometimes having support from gursikhs does make things better, its okay for me but things like this will push people away from Sikhi.

I am only posting this so that other individuals can get the support I didn’t. Please help others.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Very sorry to hear that none of those groups helped you, hope all is sorted now?

Sometimes it's better to ask friends or even at the Gurudwara, or even on here, lol. It is sad, but I've noticed that people in general tend to think they're too busy to help others. Some smaller groups, like SWAT maybe better in this respect.

If you still need any help, please feel free to ask.

Guru Rakha.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਧੌਲੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਦਇਆ ਕਾ ਪੂਤੁ ॥ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਥਾਪਿ ਰਖਿਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਸੂਤਿ ॥

The mythical bull is Dharma, the son of compassion; this is what patiently holds the earth in its place.

(ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦਾ) ਧਰਮ-ਰੂਪੀ ਬੱਝਵਾਂ ਨੀਯਮ ਹੀ ਬਲਦ ਹੈ (ਜੋ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਨੂੰ ਕਾਇਮ ਰੱਖ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ)। (ਇਹ ਧਰਮ) ਦਇਆ ਦਾ ਪੁੱਤਰ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਨੂੰ ਟਿਕਾ ਰੱਖਣ ਲਈ 'ਧਰਮ'-ਰੂਪ ਨੀਯਮ ਬਣਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ)।

Source: http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=3&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1

Therefore without Daya (compassion) nobody can be truly Dharmi (religious).

One should always help a NEEDY (who has basic requirements i.e food, clothing & shelter) not Greedy.

ਜਿਥੈ ਨੀਚ ਸਮਾਲੀਅਨਿ ਤਿਥੈ ਨਦਰਿ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਖਸੀਸ ॥੪॥੩॥

In that place where the lowly are cared for-there, the Blessings of Your Glance of Grace rain down. ||4||3||

ਤੇਰੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਦੀ ਨਜ਼ਰ ਉਥੇ ਹੈ ਜਿਥੇ ਗ਼ਰੀਬਾਂ ਦੀ ਸਾਰ ਲਈ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ।੪।੩।

Source: http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1&Param=15

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

^ I agree. Sometimes people find it easier talking to someone online, as they don't know you in real life & you're not bound to bump into them in future. This section is perfect for what you may have needed. But doesn't this happen in life, people let you down like friends. At times you need someone to talk to or turn to for some advice but they seem further away than usual. It's sod's law really.

Hope whatever it was has been sorted now with the support you needed. :)

^ I agree with shastr.

Sometimes these places such as this forum section are perfect from when one needs to talk in private. The internet is a good place as alot of the people you come across you're probably not going to bump into them irl, so it's more easier to open up to them (if you wish to) But these things happen on a day to day basis, friends let friends down in time of need alot of the time unintentionally. It's sods law really.

Hope the problem(s) you went through are sorted now & that you got the support which you needed. Hopefully next time people will be there for you, if all else fails drop a thread on here. (:

Thanks for the replies, Yes any Sikhs that I speak to say simply say its hukam move on. A lot of the friends I used to see Gursikhs they don’t even care about me which really hurts me. I’m still going through a tough time and feel depressed but it is getting better day by day.

Thanks for the replies, Yes any Sikhs that I speak to say simply say its hukam move on. A lot of the friends I used to see Gursikhs they don't even care about me which really hurts me. I'm still going through a tough time and feel depressed but it is getting better day by day.

From experience, though you may feel that your friends and family are abandoning you or do not care about you, this is not the case. The truth is that no one who has not suffered from a bout of depression or low mood simply cannot understand the depth of loneliness and suffering that comes along with such conditions.

Also, bear in mind that feeling abandoned and neglected is simply fuel for depressive bouts. Such thought patterns will cause you more harm in the long run.

If you are not already doing so, I'd suggest talking to your doctor about counselling or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy if these feelings persist after the material conditions that are causing your feelings of grief have been resolved in your favour. You may also want to read a book by Dorothy Rowe called Depression: The Way Out of your prison to gain some insight into low mood.

K.

Thanks for the replies, Yes any Sikhs that I speak to say simply say its hukam move on. A lot of the friends I used to see Gursikhs they don't even care about me which really hurts me. I'm still going through a tough time and feel depressed but it is getting better day by day.

From experience, though you may feel that your friends and family are abandoning you or do not care about you, this is not the case. The truth is that no one who has not suffered from a bout of depression or low mood simply cannot understand the depth of loneliness and suffering that comes along with such conditions.

Also, bear in mind that feeling abandoned and neglected is simply fuel for depressive bouts. Such thought patterns will cause you more harm in the long run.

If you are not already doing so, I'd suggest talking to your doctor about counselling or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy if these feelings persist after the material conditions that are causing your feelings of grief have been resolved in your favour. You may also want to read a book by Dorothy Rowe called Depression: The Way Out of your prison to gain some insight into low mood.

K.

Thanks for your advice. I do not feel that friends and family are abandoning me. My non-Sikh friends gave me alot of support. I just didn’t get help from people who I looked up to as Gursikhs I saw them as my brothers and sisters. Not even an acknowledgement or reply from the Sikh organisations.