Garlic In Langar

singh_1983

Saad Sangat Ji,

Garlic is Prohibited in Sikhism bcz as per History Records Garlic originated from Kaamdhenu Cow's Blood(cow goddess) when one of the King tried to steal Kamdhenu from Saints(Kaamdhenu is only accessible to Saints, Mahapursh), When Kamdhenu tried to Protect herself from that King, SHe fled upwards to Inderlok. King shot first arrow and hit the cow's Ear from where Tobacco originated and 2nd arrow hit the foot of Kamdhenu from where Garlic originated. Therefore Guru Gobind SIngh ji told to avoid Garlic and Tobbaco.

this is true. heard this sakhi in katha as well. only thing, i dont know if the king shot 2 arrows or just 1. cuz i think he only shot 1 arrow, and it hit cows foot, and 3 things fell down. garlic, tabbaco, and 1 other thing, i forget what it was tho.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sikhs are not Hindus. Enjoy as much garlic you want and anyone who has high blood pressure should eat raw garlic in the morning with a glass of water.

Also by avoiding kaam Hindus have managed to produce 100 million babies!! Maybe someone else is doing the job. With Hindu mythology anything can happen.

yea, if u dont eat garlic your a hindu. <banned word filter activated> ? talk about stupidity to the max

lets call everything we dont understand as being related to hindus rolleyes.gif

there used to be no garlic used in puraatan langars, and up to some point in time which is pretty recent. but this all got changed thanks to sgpc. but i guess puraatan singhs were all hindus

From what i've heard in Katha by Gyanni Takhur Singh is its primarily to do with the negative references to garlic used in Gurbani and Bhai Gurdaas Diya(n) Varaa(n); with reagard to the malodour one gets from their breath once they have eaten raw garlic. The malodour is used as a metaphore in Gurbani or by Bhai Gurdaas Jee.

It is due to this negative reference of Garlic that Garlic is not used.

Below are just two examples of negative reference to malodour from Garlic:

Bhagat Kabeer Jee : http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4985

Bhai Gurdass Jee : http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5924

i've also heard the katha where Guroo Gobind Singh Jee narrates the sakhi about tobacco/garlic being created (as mentioned previously)...this too could be another reason.

yea, if u dont eat garlic your a hindu. <banned word filter activated> ? talk about stupidity to the max

there used to be no garlic used in puraatan langars, and up to some point in time which is pretty recent. but this all got changed thanks to sgpc. but i guess puraatan singhs were all hindus

lol anything anti sikh is always promoted in the name of 'puratan' and 'being sgpc'. There is sakhi about Guru Nanak cookin deer in kurukshetra, so we have historical proof and lets cook deer for dinner. Guru Hargobind Sahib were freinds with an extrememly Alcholic, womaniser, druggie who dies of excess of alcohol -Jahangir. Lets be-friend nearest drug peddler as we have historical proof.

IMO it was Singh Sabha who liberated our Gurdwaras, if it was for these fake sadh/babe of today we would still be witnessing Dances by prostitutes at Nankana sahib. Anything is promoted in the name of Gurus. How many men did Guru Gobind Singh kill? so what are we gonna do next on basis of this historical proof?

Saad Sangat Ji,

Garlic is Prohibited in Sikhism bcz as per History Records Garlic originated from Kaamdhenu Cow's Blood(cow goddess) when one of the King tried to steal Kamdhenu from Saints(Kaamdhenu is only accessible to Saints, Mahapursh), When Kamdhenu tried to Protect herself from that King, SHe fled upwards to Inderlok. King shot first arrow and hit the cow's Ear from where Tobacco originated and 2nd arrow hit the foot of Kamdhenu from where Garlic originated. Therefore Guru Gobind SIngh ji told to avoid Garlic and Tobbaco.

What a load of rubbish

lol anything anti sikh is always promoted in the name of 'puratan' and 'being sgpc'. There is sakhi about Guru Nanak cookin deer in kurukshetra, so we have historical proof and lets cook deer for dinner. Guru Hargobind Sahib were freinds with an extrememly Alcholic, womaniser, druggie who dies of excess of alcohol -Jahangir. Lets be-friend nearest drug peddler as we have historical proof.

IMO it was Singh Sabha who liberated our Gurdwaras, if it was for these fake sadh/babe of today we would still be witnessing Dances by prostitutes at Nankana sahib. Anything is promoted in the name of Gurus. How many men did Guru Gobind Singh kill? so what are we gonna do next on basis of this historical proof?

you just killed this thread, and u deff need to get ur attitude straight buddy.

first of all, there is no such sakhi that guru nanak dev ji cooked a deer, maybe if you use that for ur own reason for cooking ur deer, thats up to you, but thats a fake sakhi.

and guru sahib cant be friends with people now? is that it? guru sahib is nirvair, no matter who comes to guru sahib, maharaj will take them up as there own, "jo saran avai tis khant lavai, eh biradh swamai sandha". i guess you didnt want maharaj to be friends with that guy huh? cuz ur maharaj's personal assistant maybe??

and guru gobind singh ji killed people? really? you should have felt stupid even typing that line. the one and only giver of life would kill people? you need to get ur facts straight. we are talking about guru ji, not some lalu panju ur going to find on the street. so before you say all this junk about guru sahib i suggest u check urself. guru sahib didnt kill anyone. when a person like me or you shoots an arrow at somebody, they person is sent to dharam raj, and we too will have to pay for consequences. but when guru sahib shoots arrow at somebody, they go straight to parlok. there is no such thing as killing when it comes to maharaj.

and despite all these , they are guru sahib, they can do wat ever they want, how can u compare or question others baised on guru sahib?

and just for your info, everything is done based on historic events. if you want, i can explain thru pm.

ps, how old are you??