Bbc'S Hardeep Kohli Claims Kirpan Is Unnecessary

All-Info

People at school are trying to tell me that a kirpan is a legal weapon. I know it is not but somehow people have gotten to know that me and my brother both wear one. I am scared that they might get banned from school. I haven't heard about the case of kirpans in schools could somenoe please tell me what it is about???biggrin.gif

WJKK WJKF

plz can sum1 reply

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggrin.gifTHE BELOW MAY COME IN USE IN THE FUTURE EITHER FOR YOURSELVES OR OTHERS IF YOU ARE FACED WITH YOUR KIRPAN BEING STRIPPED.

*It is LEGAL under the criminal justice act 1988 (section 139) and offensive weapons act 1996 (section 3 and 4) for a Sikh to carry a Kirpan for religious reasons.

*The criminal justice act 1988 safeguards the rights of the Sikh to carry the Kirpan as it is deemed a necessary part of their religion.

*Also, under European Convention on human rights on freedom of religion.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

DON'T EVER LET YOUR KIRPAN BE TAKEN OFF OF YOU

(other than when going on a plane then do ardas)

Hello Everyone,

but at least he's not hiding behind any religious curtain.

How comes no one mentions that on this forum?

just to add after the ridculous comments about taksal and him not being a pervert, he wears a turban and has singh in his name... he's using the sikh religion to springboard his views into mainstream media as someone from inside the communtity and yet seems far from it with his actions and opinions.

anyone seen him in apprentice special for comic releif? hes an arrogant bugger with no justification to defend him! The guy actually disgusts me....

personally i dont think hardeep is that bad.... the whole case of him being a perv was blown out of proportion - and it does make a good headline.

hardeep is entitled to his opinion, and like someone said, he don’t claim to be a devout sikh.

With sunny on the other hand ..... anyone can cash in on fame by turning on their faith. their defence will always be "i consider my self a sikh but i am against extremeists of any faith"... not only is this a <banned word filter activated> excuse but its also a guise used to justify dissing a faith community.

I know for a fact sunny sniffs around this board like a dog on heat. I met the eunuch once and pulled him up on sum of the crap he vomited in some of his previous articles. personally i wouldnt give him the time of day anymore, whether on the net, in person or in any other circumstance.

Who cares, its not like whether or not we can wear kirpans is in the hands of any kohli or any gora, who actually cares what a kurehiti or an athiest thinks about Sikhi?

your right, but its still bad publicity. Kohli appears to be a sikh just the same as all the rest of us in the public eye, he wears a dastaar just like you or me. If he questions wearing a kirpan then it might spark off further scrutiny about whether sikhs should be allowed to wear kirpans. If a sikh is saying its not necessary publicly then why would a law making gora believe sikhs need to wear a kirpan as part of their maryada. In that sense we should care what they think about sikhi

• 9 months later...

i very rarely bump into him, i thought he was ok, i even stood up for him when he's being knocked. U know because like one of us on the telly and that .

But reading that link, Hardeep U effingtwat, why where your pagh? Next time I see you i'am gonna slap you, you muppet. If a SIKH takes amrit he/she has the right to religious freedom. You think these kids are off an estate waiting to mug people for there next fix? NO. They are million times better than us who have the discipline to live as a sikh.