What Is The Bij Mantar?

gurmzz

Mod note: Veer ji, i have edited sone of the post. Is it not possible to post without taking a dig at your fellow Sikhs? Maybe you need to do a Mool MAntar Jaap to control your vair? In future, please think before posting. Dhanvaad.

Khalsa doesn't have a Gayatri Mantra. This and other mantars like Ashtang Mantar, Bhagauti Mantar "systems have been devised by Wily people to lure us into their web of stories and illogical systems and break us away from "prachand" gyaan of "nirol" Gurmat. "

An interesting article:

Author: Kulbir Singh

Date: 08-08-06 14:42

This is a good topic. In my humble opinion and from what I have read in the books of Gursikhs, there is only one mantra and that is Gurmantra. True, all Gurbani is Mantr-roop and you can japp any shabad and get rewarded but still Gurmantra is the hukam of Gurbani. Mool Mantr, Beej Mantra, Gurmantr, Mala Mantr etc are all referred to Naam-Gurmantr. What they call Mool Mantr is in reality Manglacharan.

Beej Mantr Sarb ko Gyaan||

Chahu Varna me japai koyoo Naam||

These two pankitis mean that Naam or Beej Mantra roopi Gyaan is for everyone. It does not matter whether one is Brahman, Kshatri, Vaish or Shudra. This is for everyone.

The second pankiti makes it clear that Beej Mantr is referred to as Naam i.e. Gurmantr.

This whole pauri describes the greatness of Naam. The later pankitis of this pauri are the famous pankitis about Naam:

Sarb Rog ka Aukhad Naam||

Kaliyan roop Mangal gunn Gaam||

Naam is the medicine of all diseases. Naam is Kaliyan-roop i.e. is provider of Kaliyan (wellness) and Gurbani (Gunn gaam) is Mangal-roop (happiness).

I am aware that some Mahapurakhs have promoted the jaap of Ik Oankaar as Beej Mantr. I don't question them. They did what they experienced. What I wrote here (first two pankitis) is based on Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's translation of this pankiti in his book Gurmat Gauravta. Bhai Sahib believed in only one Mantra and that is Gurmantr and he believed that whole of Gurbani is Mantr roop i.e. even if you don't understand baani, it will still cast spiritual effect on you.

Kulbir Singh

.......... have been devised by Wily people to lure us into their web of stories and illogical systems and break us away from "prachand" gyaan of "nirol" Gurmat. "

Yeah, those evil people - trying to get us to read more Gurbani, what are they thinking?

The proof is in the eating - there is no better proof than personal experience. Try doing a Jaap of Mool Mantar, if you're strong enough, and then come back and say whether or not it is a system "devised by wily people".

• 4 weeks later...

this is wat happens when we dont listen to katha, and this thread is going to turn into a mool mantar debate, but

idk which bhramgianis you might be talking about bhaji, but

baba deep singh ji shaheed, bhai mani singh ji shaheed, baba nand singh ji nanaksar, baba attar singh ji mastuane, baba ishar singh ji rara sahib, baba harnam singh ji rampurkhera, baba maha harnam singh ji, baba jwalla singh ji harkoal wale, baba jagit singh ji harkoal wale, baba karrak singh ji, baba seva singh ji rampurkhera, baba karam singh ji hotimardan wale, baba sundar singh ji bhindranwale, baba gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale, baba katar singh ji bhindranwale, baba jarnail singh ji bhindranwale, baba thakur singh ji bhindranwale

these bhramgianis all say that mool mantar is up to nanak hosi bhi sach.

can you plz tell us which bramgiani's of the panth have ever said that mool mantar is up to gurparsad??

sorry that u sound upset from your post and sorry to cause a cufuful jio! - if iv caused 1.. :)

how the story goes is that guru naanak dev ji went into the water 4 3days and then came out of the water and braught from dargah 2 things. 1=naam 2=amrit (charal pahul --> later rachaaed into khande ki pahul due to the eternality of SGGS.) then from what guru naanak dev ji saw (god), they were so amazed that they couldnt describe what was seen.. i.e. the akath katha of god. then, somone asked guruji what they saw, then the moolmantar came out from gurunaanak dev ji.. then the question was asked to guruji, what shal we do with this info/mantar. guru ji replied, jup.....hosi bhi such..

this is y we do it to naanak hosi bhi such. the mool of god is described up to gurprasaad. for us, i.e. what to do with this, is up to naanak hosi bhi such.. the number '1' is put at the end of this till bhi such, making this a 'bundh'. so we (or shud i say that i believe that we) shud do up until hosi bhi such however, the mool roop of god is up till gurprasaad. i.e. nirgun saroop - even gurprasaad is hard to explain!!! just achut katha is the only way to describe it. and the maha roop aka maha mantar is up till hosi bhi such i.e. maha becuse god is everywhere --> sargun. >>the nirgun sargun naatak<< this is y we do it all the way to bhi such....

thanks for the list of sants.. will come in handy! :D gurfateh gurmukh pyaario

:D :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

The AKJ teach people to recite up to 'Gurparsad'. However, every puratan Samparda teaches to recite up to 'Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach'. Viyakaran has nothing to do with it.

Why such a big issue over reciting a few extra lines that are praise of Waheguru and also make us remember our first Guru?

Anyway, this topic is about Beej Mantar.

not my experience at amrit sanchar...

• 2 months later...