Caste System In Sikhi [Late S. K.Singh Deep Ji's last message for all of us]

Waheguru ji mehar karan taa ke asin Baaman vaad, Jatt vaad ,Bhapa vaad,

.................te hor anek vaadan to uchche utthh ke SIKHI de raste utte

chalan da jatan kar sakiye. Dhan guru Granth Sahib ji mehar karan

sanu saryan nu apni sikhiya/Gurmat bakhshan ta ke asin Jaat paat to

uuper utthh ke SIKHI nu samajh sakiye.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fareh

Guest mehtab1singh

Gurujee te Hukam kar chukke ne, par je Sikh sunan nu tiyaar nai fer ki ho sakda?

kbIr swcw siqguru ikAw krY jau isKw mih cUk ]

kabeer saachaa sathigur kiaa karai jo sikhaa mehi chook ||

Kabeer, what can the True Guru do, when His Sikhs are at fault?

AMDy eyk n lwgeI ijau bWsu bjweIAY PUk ]158]

a(n)dhhae eaek n laagee jio baa(n)s bajaaeeai fook ||158||

The blind do not take in any of His Teachings; it is as useless as blowing into bamboo. ||158||

vaise why even get in jat pat at all. Why not, just "not ask" the jaat paat. U meet a girl/boy, see if you click, and never ask that question. move on if you do, otherwise keep going.

Eventually, you would have a life partner what god have written for you, from the jat you are from or not. I don't think God would have wanted to create divisions on who is bigger or better and who is not. God must have just planned to make one human form to get this soul chance to get out of birth-death cycle. But now that there are too many humans (souls in this universe given chance to evolve), we created another drama here on this earth.

Well my parents were very strict on caste, and i was engaged to someone in my own caste. With waheguru's kirpa that bad engagement broke down, then they were suddenly ok with me finding my own guy outside of the caste.

But after i've been on shaadi.com they are not too keen on the idea anymore....ive found that a lot of families are not willing to accept a daughter-in-law from a different caste. I tell my parents about every guy i have spoken to on there (becuase i don't want to do something that they disapprove of), and the amount of times i have said to them i'm not in contact with x person anymore, turns out caste would be an issue...is really bad! It has sort of confirmed what their fears were before; that i would be treated differently or looked down on if marrying someone from a different caste.

I personally think it wouldn't work if marrying into a family that are big on caste, even if your partner wasn't. Because it already creates a divide and it would be a horrible position to put your husband in!

So, it would be awesome for everyone to be able to go out there and marry someone they love regardless of caste, but in reality i think us as a sikh community are a very long way from getting there.

Apologies if i have offended anyone.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

After I hear countless stories about how their parents are strict about caste etc., I have one answer to all these people. GUys/gals you are going to get married to someone sooner than later. YOu are going to have kids and they are going to grow up. And you need to really really make sure that you don't teach your kids about jat pat at all. Some of it they are going to learn from sikhi camps, schools etc., community in general. But make sure you tell them you are ok with their kids choice. you are blind/deaf/immune to the caste disease.

Lets not carry over the caste disease to next generation.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no harm in having caste. It's just a title of your forefathers and nothing else. The main problem within Sikhism is caste based discrimination. Try to work on getting rid of caste based prejudice, which is the main concern, Sikh society facing at this time. We are Sikhs and everyone is our brothers/sister.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

"There is no harm in having caste. It's just a title of your forefathers and nothing else."

Goes against the command of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, who stated the only accepted last names are Singh and Kaur. Also, this was and is the basis of discrimination against other humans, which is against the bachan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, "Manas Ki Jaat Sahbae Eake Pechanbo". If you want to see the reality of caste, go visit any pind in India and it will become very apparent as to why caste = bad.

ਅਗੈ ਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਜੋਰੁ ਹੈ ਅਗੈ ਜੀਉ ਨਵੇ ॥

Agai jatte na jor hai agai jeeo navae ||

In the world hereafter, Caste and power mean nothing; hereafter, the soul is new.

ਜਿਨ ਕੀ ਲੇਖੈ ਪਤਿ ਪਵੈ ਚੰਗੇ ਸੇਈ ਕੇਇ ॥੩॥

Jin kee laekhai patt pavai changae saeee kaee ||3||

Those few, whose honor is confirmed, are good. ||3||

(Asa ki Vaar, Salok before pauri no. 11)

• 1 month later...

I salute to k singh deep for initiating such relevent topic, actually we guys always find some excuse to

interprete the things our way (for those who think there is nothing bad in caste system ), not even sparing

gurbani.I personally know veer deep ji , he spent his life perfectly according to Gurmat , and passed away

recently on 5 Apr 2010 after brief illness . let us all pray that his soul stays in unison with the great Creator

• The topic was unpinned