What Do You Think About Guru Granth Sahib Gi At Some Ones House

Amrit79

Well We Keep Gutkas, that is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, so its bad to keep those either ?

I bin to a house which had Guru Granth Sahib ji fully respected and everything. But they people in there basement were cooking meat.

And if people are going to keep the Guru Granth Shib Gi at home whats the point of Guru-da-wara

I highly disagree with having The Guru at any one's house.

Why.. consider the following

I have Guru Ganth sahib at my home ( I Don't). I come home after something bad happens and some one starts bugging me etc. I saw some things in anger that might not be right.

Or many times your watching tv and there like half naked girls dancing (Indian movies)

and even arguments in your home (family

It is perfectly fine to have Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee in our homes if protocols are being followed correctly. Protocols examples are "No meat, alcohol etc allowed in the house and so on." Guru Granth sahib ji is part of our family and guru sahib knows and control everything that happens in our daily life. Not only that, guru also knows how dirty/manmukh/kalyug our mind is; which most of us are not aware of and spend whole life figuring it out.

I recently bought the house and we feel that we are not ready to have guru sahib jee in our home but we do have one room fully decorated as our guru jees room where we keep saencheeyaan, instruments etc. We hope guru sahib jee will reside with us anytime in future when we are more mature in sikhi terms.

I highly disagree with having The Guru at any one's house.

Why.. consider the following

I have Guru Ganth sahib at my home ( I Don't). I come home after something bad happens and some one starts bugging me etc. I saw some things in anger that might not be right.

Or many times your watching tv and there like half naked girls dancing (Indian movies)

and even arguments in your home (family

Bhaji,

You think bad things don't happen in gurdwaras ?

Are there no arguments in gurdwaras? They have fights in the darbar hall with harmonium and tablas thrown about , in the presence of Guru Ji.

You think poeple do not oggle women when they go to gurdwara? For some people this is the only reason the come, and do this in the presence of Guru Ji.

People steal, curse, and look at men/women all the time in gurdwara.

I think if you follow proper rehat then it is a great blessing that Akaal Purkh have allowed you to do personal sewa to Guru Ji in your home. Lets not forget

that it is not really your home but Guru Ji's and he has allowed you to stay there with Him, not the other way round.

i think its good maharaaj comes andstays at somes house only if that some follows fulll rehet of guru ji

i know a family where guru ji has cometo theirs to stay and that family is all gurusikh and keep full rehet includingdoing bhog three times a day changing guru jis rumalla sahibs every day

we can’t say every one who has maharajaat home do not do satkaar

heres my opinion. dont bring maharaj to stay at your house if there cant be satkaar. not minimum satkaar- but maximum- heres what i think

-if we have maharaj in our house , do we have seperate palangh ( bed) for sukhasan at night? is it 9" by 3" minimum?are the bed sheets , rajai , blanket changed according to the weather?

- does bhog take place 2/3 times a day as parshada for guru sahib?

- do we change guru sahibs ramale atleast every other day?

- do we clean guru sahibs room? is guru sahibs room big, clean and well ventilated?

- do we keep fans on in summer and heaters on in winter?

- do we do parkash every day? nitnem in maharaj hazuri and atleast kirtan( if not possible paat of) of asa di vaar followed by degh? do we do sodar chauki at night followed by reheraas, aarti , kirtan etc?

-is guru sahibs thakat adorned with a chandoa sahib at the top which covers the full space of guru sahibs takhat ( so not too small)?

- does the whole familly know how to read gurmukhi and do shudh paat? does the whole family know how to do sewa of guru sahib?

- is someone on pehra 24/7 in the house, so maharaqj is never alone in the house?

-can it be sure that someone will be hazar for doing sewa, not coming late from family programmes or going to holidays or something?

- guru maharajh should not be placed in almaari or trunks etc.

the satkaar that we should give to maharaj is endless, but there are important points that we should think about before bringing maharaj to our houses.

it is hard but maharaj says - gur peera kee chaakree mahaa kararee sukh saar