My Name Is Khan

gurmzz

I just saw My Name is Khan yesterday and I couldn't help but think that right now, all religions, and even SOME sikhs, not all, compete for "The Best Religion in the World" when, in the movie Khan was taught by his mother that religion is not a category in human beings, its either they are good or bad?...what do you guyz think??

WJKK WJKF

Fateh parwaan karro jiyo,

I too do not intend to see the movie but I'd like to make a couple of comments:

- For all you know Sharukh Khan and Balasahib Thackrey were in a secret pact and all the protests made the movie a success

- In fact because of Shiv Sena's protests Muslims took it to be religious duty to view the movie

- The extraordinary security provided to this movie compromised on the security for the fight against terror in Mumbai and Pune. The Pune blasts are being attributed to the guard being lowered because of this movie

Guru Rakha

@Mehtab1Singh: why don't u want to watch it?
I'd rather waste time on Sikhsangat laugh.gif

lool why dont we just add on sikhsangat for u ;) hahah :)

but there was a scene in the movie where SRK's mother taught him that there are only two types of people in the world, good and bad, it isnt categorized by religion, that scene opened my eye :o

Fateh parwaan karro jiyo,

I too do not intend to see the movie but I'd like to make a couple of comments:

- For all you know Sharukh Khan and Balasahib Thackrey were in a secret pact and all the protests made the movie a success

- In fact because of Shiv Sena's protests Muslims took it to be religious duty to view the movie

- The extraordinary security provided to this movie compromised on the security for the fight against terror in Mumbai and Pune. The Pune blasts are being attributed to the guard being lowered because of this movie

Guru Rakha

I agreee!

Vaheguroo jee kaa khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh!

I watched this movie the day it released, to be to be honest, to travel 2 hours to go see this one...wasnt worth it for me.

After 9/11, it was not only Muslims and Hindus that faced racism, hate, discrimination, but so did MANY of our Sikhs. I think in this movie, they didnt highlight that enough, but paid for attention to Muslims.

Yes Mfaced alot of it, but i think for our fellow brothers and fathers who wear turbans, was a target of hate, and was called pakis. In my opinion, anyone who had brown skin, was labelled as a paki, depending on where one lives, post 9/11.

They show a part in the movie where the Sikh news reporter cuts his hair post 9/11 due to the racism and hate he faced, however, what about the Sikhs who stayed true to their faith? At that point i think they were making us look bad, and trying to say "oh you took the eazy way out, still we have to deal with it"

Other than that, the movie was okay, as always SRK and Kajol are a great match and great actors!

Vaheguroo jee kaa khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh!