Kakkar

AM4R

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ij ki fateh

i just wanted to ask if i can use my pesh kabz as a kakkar?

i was talking to some nihangs singhs and they said it was fine theres no problem with it, as i am following nihang rehat i thought it was ok but other people say that you have to wear a kirpans that has a curve....is that true?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vehaguru ji ki fateh

actually no. you do need to carry a kirpan as your sri sahib, but as a nihang you can/will carry a pesh aswel, as it is a shastar for close quater battle. you should carry both.

and can you please enlighten us as to why that is?

tyaar bar tyaar. close quater armour piercing dagger. good to have on you.

but the kirpan is the kakaar. it is Bagouti roop. it is the shakti known as chandika kalka bhavani (not as devi, but as shakti).

kirpan is one of the kakkars, not a dagger, kukri, stilleto, or any other kind of knife.

er i might be wrong, but arent stilletos a type of footwear with a massive heel...or were you just being sarcastic?

er i might be wrong, but arent stilletos a type of footwear with a massive heel...or were you just being sarcastic?

Stilleto originally is the name of a very thin long blade. the type used by the mafia when killing a person at close quarter.

If you have seen the movie The Omen, the knives used to kill Damien are stilleto type daggers. the term is also used for

shoes with thin long heels.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ij ki fateh

i just wanted to ask if i can use my pesh kabz as a kakkar?

i was talking to some nihangs singhs and they said it was fine theres no problem with it, as i am following nihang rehat i thought it was ok but other people say that you have to wear a kirpans that has a curve....is that true?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vehaguru ji ki fateh

Bhaee Kahan Singh ji Nabha tells in"GURMAT MARTAND"as:-

"Kesh, Kirpaan, Kachchh, Kangha, and Karha, (Panje kakke) enha panjan di Rehat rakhani.

And some where it is also said:-

"Kachchh, Karha,Kirpaan, Kangha ,Keskee.

Dhaare panj kakkar kahave Singh soee."

Bhul chuk khima Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.