Domain Help

Khalasthan86

WaheguruJiKaKhalsaWaheguruJiKiFATEH!

I am looking to buy a website (domain & web hosting),

I have found a host, and etc.

And I am looking forward to buy the site, my query is that do I have to use

my real address for registering the domain. If yes, what can happen if

I use a fake address. As I want to stay Gupt.

The website is personal, but if you have to choose company, I can use that

also. Whatever suits the time.

:)

WaheguruJiKaKhalsaWaheguruJiKiFATEH!

Fateh Ji

Register with your real address. The Provider should allow you to set THEIR details as the administrative contact and the Registration contact.

Your address wont be known to anyone on any whoIS requests if you do that and stays between yourself and the provider.

If you require further help in doing this let me know.

Fateh

Register with your real address. The Provider should allow you to set THEIR details as the administrative contact and the Registration contact.

As far as i know the above is only do-able if you take the service of private registration. If you want to protect your identity from common users/visitors then go for private registration which will not show any of your information such as name, address etc. However you cannot protect your identity from any government as they have power to get all information about the website owner.

This is very rare but it is true that there is also backlash on providing fake name, address and un-reachable phone number. Anyone can register a complaint with your domain company provider saying that the contact information of this domain name is false and is not reachable. Depending on the host provider, many such as godaddy.com run their own investigation and will charge you non-refundable fees of $10 or so and gives you time limit to correct the contact information or otherwise face the possibility of losing domain name. This happened to me last year and i have to private register most of my domain names.