Does Your Kachera Have To Be White?

Guest Singh Wid A Question

Guest Singh Wid A Question

Gurfateh Sangat Ji

I have this question and i hope someone can help me out.

Does the Knee Length Kachera have to be of white color????

if so why does it have to be white????

is there a maryada for it to be white????

why can it not be something like blue???

thanks in advance sangat ji

Gurfateh Sangat Ji

I have this question and i hope someone can help me out.

Does the Knee Length Kachera have to be of white color????

if so why does it have to be white????

is there a maryada for it to be white????

why can it not be something like blue???

thanks in advance sangat ji

someone told me it was so you can tell its dirty but if you change everyday, might not be an issue.

Creation of Khalsa as described by

Bhatt Sarup Singh Kaushish

in "Guru Kian Sakhian"

"Thereafter, Guru ji pronounced, ‘on your rebirth in the Khalsa Panth, your previous lineage, caste, creed, calling, customs, beliefs and superstitions, etc. stand annulled from now onwards. Transforming you into the Order of Khalsa, I have endowed you with the apparel of the Almighty God, you shall have to keep its honour. Before administering this nectar of steel, I also bestowed you with five kakaars (Ks, i.e. defining emblems). You have never to keep them away from your body even by mistake. I gave you, at the start, a blue keski, kangha, kirpan, sarbloh ka kara and white kachhehra. In the event of the loss or misplacement of any of these, get its infringement pardoned in the Sangat by going to Gurdwara without any delay.

http://fateh.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/by+topic/DFA41D08EF40CD15872572CF007A98F4!OpenDocument

• 1 year later...
Guest Harpreet Singh

The meaning of a kachera is to restrain from sexual lust and so as the panj pyare said it has to be at knee length and it must be white because it symbolises purity. i know that you get a load of random people that wear diferent colour kachere but that is literally beadbi of guru gobind singh ji's kachere. also nihangs do wear only white ones and no other colour. wjkk wjkf!

Guest Guest

how is it beadbi to wear a blue keshera? <Mod cut no personal insults> do you actually think the Akali nihangs when they attacked the mughal fources and afghan forces at night all wore white keshereh? you do reaize you could see it off a mile away! they used to wear blue keshera's on night missions so they wouldnt be seen.

Nothing wrong with a blue keshera its jung tradition, <Mod cut insulting other members and panthic jathebandia>

and sukhjeeven tell me when you have seen Niddar Singh in a blue keshera? I have never seen him in a blue one...but like I said nothing wrong with it, its jungi tradition!

Guest Guest

White = Colour of purity. Also as tec9 mentioned, so you dont get lazy and leave your kachera on for more than 1 day, with dark colours ie, black/blue you cannot tell if your kachera is dirty while wearing a bana.

Isnt it natural to change your underwear daily? common sense...hygiene...you dont have to see if its dirty its jsut common sense! gosh.