Why Do Some Sikhs Dismiss The Sikh Call For Independence From India

wakeupUK

wouldn't it be better to bring the community together and attack social issues and bring the community together to bring ppl who murdered inocent sikhs from 80's and 90's to justice, and especially in the west we could influence are govt's to hold india accountable and let the public know through documantry's to be put on tv about the human rights violations in india to sikhs dalits christans do to corrupt politicans in congress and hindu nationalists in the bjp party's

i believe thats why in surrey the sikh youth slate had thousands of ppl comming out to support them and listen to their speech's when they won the election at guru nanak gurdwara, it looked like a nagar kirtan and it was raining but ppl wanted to still come and listen, cause what the sikh youth slate is doing is exactly that trying to bring the community together to fight social issues like drinking drugs gangs lack of sikh knowledge prostitution and list goes on, these guys have 80% of the community behind them

the fundementalists who support khlistan and want ppl to follow a talibon style version of sikhi don't even come close to the sikh youth slate in support and the liberal moderates who believe in a liberal version of sikhi, well they got destroyed 2 to 1 in the gurdwara election

this showed ppl don't care about tables and chairs or stupid politics but care about social issues that effect their daily lives

You give an example of how the youth slate are doing a great job in the community in and around lower Mainland. Ask yourself how did they do it. They took over a place(Gurdwara) where you can use authority and administer policies, and programs to progress the community and Sikhi in the area.

But one point that needs to be made is there is a limit to how much the youth can do because One Gurdwara doesn't hold authority of all. Even if they get other Gurdwaras doing the same then still they will be able to to limited work because they don't hold the key to the policy being made by the state.

Take the above and apply it on an independent state where Sri Akal Takht Sahib will have authority over all Gurdwaras and an army( the Khalsa) to enforce policies, programs, and laws.

The institutions are in place to have a Sikh state. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji didn't leave this earth without setting them up.

Raaj Karega Khalsa isn't a dream or fantasy. A Sikh state will surely set a place where the Khalsa will rule.

Sikhs need to understand why a Sikh State will have a positive impact not just in the state, but around the world. The condemners need to take a step back and actually think it through before condemning it. Canada was established and then the laws were drawn up. Even in the first try they didn't get the laws right and the laws and policy are still changing today(they took British laws and American laws and made a constitution). So to worry about laws is just a pointless issue and only brought up to break people from a Sikh state. Laws and policies are only their to control deviant behavior. Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib ji taugh us to live and let live. Then Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji taught us to fight against oppression not to be the opressor. The laws and policies will follow these teaches.

Sikhs are not lacking in anything, it's just the split between us that is killing us. We have become our own enemy and people like Darshan Laal are seeing through that it stays this way.

the sikh youth slate winning was a huge deal all over the lower mainland, ppl who didn't ccare about gurdwara politics before waited in lineups in the rain for hours just to vote, their's no plans for khalistan, since 1992 all ppl do is scream khalistan in canada and england yet have not even moved a foot step closer to acheiving it while social issues in our community have gotton worste, less youth know about sikhi, more ppl are drinking and doing drugs, personally i believe lets attack the social issues first and bring the community together, we can say yea after khalistan we can attack the social issues but khalistan isn't going to happen by just screaming khalistan in canada, thats why the sikh youth slate has 80% of the community behind them in the lower mainland cause i can't find anyone whose against them and the fundementalists who scream for khalistan don't even have half the support that the sikh youth slate has

to me what this shows is ppl want to fix the social issues like drugs achole gangs prostitution youth having low self esteem and youth lacking sikh knowledge and domestic abuse before looking at khalistan, thats why in 2 years the sikh youth slate has most of the community supporting them and have ppl who would normally worked on comitees and were involved in other gurdwaras wanting to jump over to guru nanak gurdwara to help these guys start attacking the issues facing our community

for the ppl who want khalistan isn't it common sence that getting khalistan is only going to get harder and harder as long as social issues grow to get worste in the sikh community

the sikh youth slate i believe ignited a small fire thats gonna spread and grow rapidly, in 2 years they have the entire lower mainland excited by their victory that every news station across canada and newspaper across canada talked about how excited the sikh community in the lower mainland was to see the sikh youth slate win

wouldn't it be better to bring the community together and attack social issues and bring the community together to bring ppl who murdered inocent sikhs from 80's and 90's to justice, and especially in the west we could influence are govt's to hold india accountable and let the public know through documantry's to be put on tv about the human rights violations in india to sikhs dalits christans do to corrupt politicans in congress and hindu nationalists in the bjp party's

i believe thats why in surrey the sikh youth slate had thousands of ppl comming out to support them and listen to their speech's when they won the election at guru nanak gurdwara, it looked like a nagar kirtan and it was raining but ppl wanted to still come and listen, cause what the sikh youth slate is doing is exactly that trying to bring the community together to fight social issues like drinking drugs gangs lack of sikh knowledge prostitution and list goes on, these guys have 80% of the community behind them

the fundementalists who support khlistan and want ppl to follow a talibon style version of sikhi don't even come close to the sikh youth slate in support and the liberal moderates who believe in a liberal version of sikhi, well they got destroyed 2 to 1 in the gurdwara election

this showed ppl don't care about tables and chairs or stupid politics but care about social issues that effect their daily lives

You give an example of how the youth slate are doing a great job in the community in and around lower Mainland. Ask yourself how did they do it. They took over a place(Gurdwara) where you can use authority and administer policies, and programs to progress the community and Sikhi in the area.

But one point that needs to be made is there is a limit to how much the youth can do because One Gurdwara doesn't hold authority of all. Even if they get other Gurdwaras doing the same then still they will be able to to limited work because they don't hold the key to the policy being made by the state.

Take the above and apply it on an independent state where Sri Akal Takht Sahib will have authority over all Gurdwaras and an army( the Khalsa) to enforce policies, programs, and laws.

The institutions are in place to have a Sikh state. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji didn't leave this earth without setting them up.

Raaj Karega Khalsa isn't a dream or fantasy. A Sikh state will surely set a place where the Khalsa will rule.

Sikhs need to understand why a Sikh State will have a positive impact not just in the state, but around the world. The condemners need to take a step back and actually think it through before condemning it. Canada was established and then the laws were drawn up. Even in the first try they didn't get the laws right and the laws and policy are still changing today(they took British laws and American laws and made a constitution). So to worry about laws is just a pointless issue and only brought up to break people from a Sikh state. Laws and policies are only their to control deviant behavior. Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib ji taugh us to live and let live. Then Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji taught us to fight against oppression not to be the opressor. The laws and policies will follow these teaches.

Sikhs are not lacking in anything, it's just the split between us that is killing us. We have become our own enemy and people like Darshan Laal are seeing through that it stays this way.

the sikh youth slate winning was a huge deal all over the lower mainland, ppl who didn't ccare about gurdwara politics before waited in lineups in the rain for hours just to vote, their's no plans for khalistan, since 1992 all ppl do is scream khalistan in canada and england yet have not even moved a foot step closer to acheiving it while social issues in our community have gotton worste, less youth know about sikhi, more ppl are drinking and doing drugs, personally i believe lets attack the social issues first and bring the community together, we can say yea after khalistan we can attack the social issues but khalistan isn't going to happen by just screaming khalistan in canada, thats why the sikh youth slate has 80% of the community behind them in the lower mainland cause i can't find anyone whose against them and the fundementalists who scream for khalistan don't even have half the support that the sikh youth slate has

to me what this shows is ppl want to fix the social issues like drugs achole gangs prostitution youth having low self esteem and youth lacking sikh knowledge and domestic abuse before looking at khalistan, thats why in 2 years the sikh youth slate has most of the community supporting them and have ppl who would normally worked on comitees and were involved in other gurdwaras wanting to jump over to guru nanak gurdwara to help these guys start attacking the issues facing our community

for the ppl who want khalistan isn't it common sence that getting khalistan is only going to get harder and harder as long as social issues grow to get worste in the sikh community

the sikh youth slate i believe ignited a small fire thats gonna spread and grow rapidly, in 2 years they have the entire lower mainland excited by their victory that every news station across canada and newspaper across canada talked about how excited the sikh community in the lower mainland was to see the sikh youth slate win

Your missing the point. Khalistan is the bigger version of the Youth slate, but with more power. More power equals more youth being helped and communities being helped in many different ways. The Khalistan movement needs to progress even if its small baby steps. More people need to start talking about it and discussing so all the doubts in peoples mind can be answered. Just like people here were and still will be making lame excuses not to support it. Bringing people together is one of the steps that need to be done. It's one of the first and major steps that needs to be implemented. Take the youth slate, if alot of people didn't support them then who would have voted and in no way would they have won. Apply that same campaigning to Khalistan.

All this about more people will die and this will exploded and Sikh Gurdwaras in around the area outside of Khalistan wont be taken care of are just scare tactics so no one will support Khalistan. Maybe joker's is going to pop out of the bushes and kidnap you one day. If the former can happen then there is a 100% chance the latter will occur next time your walking on the street.

The point to remember is that present leadership of khalistan is creation of the same govt and agencies from whom you want independence.

See role of WSO in Canada, Sikh youth of america, council of khalistan, Khalistan calling etc are all touts of agencies.They are more against sikhism than Indian agencies.

I hate these pseudo khalistanis

It's good to see that there's some of you who's minds aren't clouded with that Khalistan propaganda.... anyways, I think the youth should aknowledge that if Sikhs needed their own state, it woulda happened in guru gobinds times. This stuff about how we lost families and innocents in 84, and we're being treated like <banned word filter activated> by Hindus is the exact same <banned word filter activated> Muslims in Kashmir hear/heard.... Terrorism is a result. Our youth should be taught how to live with Muslims and Hindus ( which is the lesson behind guru nanaks teachings) , and not taught why we need to Be divided from them.

Another joker stunt. The day joker kidnaps you out of your bedroom at night is the day Khalistan will promote or be about creating division amongst Hindu and Muslims. When in the world did it become about separate isolated only Sikhs can live in Khalistan. Khalistan is a state which stands for equal rights for all. You could be purple and worship the color purple and you'll be allowed to practice purplism. And yes that goes the same for yelow, blue, green, and the rest of the colors.

yes it would have happened in the Guru time. Same goes for Sikhi spreading into North America if it needed too. Hold up Sikhi spread into North America after Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji left this world. I guess that didn't need to happen, so pick up ur bags and head back to India or stop practicing Sikhi here because it didn't need to happen. What nonesense.

It's not even really about Sikhs own state. It's about having a place where Sikhs and other people can practice their religion freely or people that are athiest, unless it oppresses another. Look into why Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib ji gave his head and then what Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji fought for. Guru Nanak Dev ji taught us never to be slaves. He told us its a sin to live as a slave. If your not married go get married in India and then look at your marriage certificate, see what it's registered in. Then come back to where you live and post it up at your work place or office with a nice big frame that really makes it stick out. Be proud of it is what I'm telling you.

The point to remember is that present leadership of khalistan is creation of the same govt and agencies from whom you want independence.

See role of WSO in Canada, Sikh youth of america, council of khalistan, Khalistan calling etc are all touts of agencies.They are more against sikhism than Indian agencies.

I hate these pseudo khalistanis

These are the people that are destroying the Khalistan movement. Buncha extremist who are working in the best interest of themselves.

If anything the name of this movement of a new state needs to be changed. So then the actually movement can clearly distinguish itself from the lunatics.

high five, would you agree in order to get a country you need a revolution, in a revolution the ppl are the weapons, but if the ppl in the sikh community are getting weaker do to social issues that our destroying our community's, wouldn't it make since to address those social issues first and strengthen the sikh community before pursuing a country

if you want to create a country for the sikhs how will you create a country for the sikhs if the social issues are getting worste

take for example how will you create a country when half of punjab's youth our hooked on drugs, or when achole abuse is already bad and growing worste, or when a generation of sikh lack knowledge of sikhism

wouldn't it be easier if you wanted your own country to start off by knocking down the social issues and solving them first so you have an empowered ppl rather then a population of ppl who lack knowledge abuse drugs and achole

you need a strong community of ppl to create a revolution and get a country

but if half the community has drug problems good luck with that revolution

the sikh youth slate is attacking social issues and have most the sikhs in the lower mainland excited

the fundementalists who want khalistan havn't gained any support and have lost some of their supporters to the sikh youth slate

i believe ppl want to solve social issues before talking about a country and what were seeing in the lower mainland i believe shows us this

and on top of that since the day ppl started demanding a sikh country in the 80's none of the social issues have gotton better in fact they've gotton alot worste

so if the khalistanis havn't bin able to solve any social issues and havn't gotton closer to a country and social issues have gotton worste, shouldn't the movement change course and think about addressing the problems before pursuing a country

personally i don't believe in having our own country but believe we need to destroy corruption in punjab, but i also understand ppl have strong reasons as to why they believe we should have our own country

i believe we need to address and solve social issues in the sikh community

these social issues our reasons drug abuse has gotton worste and why in so many places around the world we have sikh girls running off with muslims and a generation of sikh youth lacking knowledge on sikhi

if you fix the social issues, you have a stronger community, when you have a stronger community acheiving a country is much easier

because since 1992 trying to get country first and then letting all the other problems solve themselves hasn't worked and instead the problems facing the community have gotton worste, and especially in the west lets solve the community issues and fact in the lower mainland the sikh youth slate has so much support and far greater support then the fundementalist khalistanis do shows that ppl would rather solve social issues then pursue a country, cause its gotton to the point we cannot let these social issues get worste and khalistanis havn't done anything to solve the social issues and yet want a country

what i see is you have all these people who want khalistan, and since 1992 when the military movement for khalistan ended, khalistanis havn't gotton any closer to getting their country and instead the movements gone backwards, and social issues have gotton worste, and if khalistanis havn't bin able to solve social issues effecting sikhs then their's no way they can stop corruption in punjab and run a country in my opinion

and reason i keep bringing up social issus is cause we have so many problems that our destroying our community that cannot be ignored anymore, and even though i don't support khalistan, for ppl who believe in khalistan well guess what khalistan is going to continue to move backwards rather then forward while problems in the sikh community continue to grow

what i see is you have all these people who want khalistan, and since 1992 when the military movement for khalistan ended, khalistanis havn't gotton any closer to getting their country and instead the movements gone backwards, and social issues have gotton worste, and if khalistanis havn't bin able to solve social issues effecting sikhs then their's no way they can stop corruption in punjab and run a country in my opinion

and reason i keep bringing up social issus is cause we have so many problems that our destroying our community that cannot be ignored anymore, and even though i don't support khalistan, for ppl who believe in khalistan well guess what khalistan is going to continue to move backwards rather then forward while problems in the sikh community continue to grow

why, you write the future, and I think it'l get better, more youth are now learning about the Khalistan movement than ever before since the 90's. And as the youth progress and learn about what really happend, there are chances that they (youth of Punjab) try to make a change, step up to lead. While the older "Khalistanis" move out I'm sure newer ones will actually lead the Sikh community because more and more people are tired with the things happening in Punjab