I.J. Singh

Only five

Wjkk Wjkf

Theres no need to speculate even though everything is pretty obvious - just look at the banner at bottom of the main page :http://www.sikhchic.com/index.php they are promoting Darshano's 'academy' website openly!

That's true, but for people like me who just came across I.J. Singh articles in the past few weeks it's healthy to discuss where he is leading the reader. I wasn't completely unaware, but was ignorant, until I actually took the time out and read his articles more carefully. It became obvious that he is misleading readers, but more in a sly manner.

The Kala afghana, Inder Ghagga, Darshan Laal, and this man now fit in the same category pseudo scholars.

What really needs to be outlined here is that a PHD in a field of science does not automatically or at all make you a scholar or Sant in Sikhi. I say these individuals are the new generation of fake Sants in Sikhi. They only take up the name as Scholar to fool people. They figured that the name Sant is being abused to much now and won't work with the new generation. Scholar is more appealing to the new free thinking logical era. Not to far in the future these individuals have their own deras and woman serving them.

So drop the Sant name and put Prof or Dr. or Scholar infront of your name and now your the holy man! biggrin.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you forget, Panth and Granth.

Granth is eternal. Panth need to take into account new realities.

Dasam Pita asked for head. Did it happen ever before that? NO. Some of your brothers must be thinking that new Guru is tarnishing image of Guru Nanak. Take directions from eternal Guru Granth. Let Khalsa panth evolve with time without losing essence.

There are lots of his type posting on websites.. All these sikhchic.com typical desi ppl wanna act like goray (inferiority complex)...

Exactly.This man wants to modify sikhism on western lines.He thinks sikhi of Guru sahib

should be moulded per western life style.

He supports kala afghana and Darshan lal ragi.

Isn't Sikhi of Dasam Granth different from Sikhi of Guru Granth? Remember two aspects, eternal and temporal. Guru Granth is eternal. Temporal is evolving. I tuck my beard in and wear pants. I drive car and do not ride horses. I wear modern pug, not dumalla. I read Gurbani on internet, not on Santhiyas. Satsang I can afford everyday is not real, but on internet.

So as per yoru definition, am I not a Sikh?

Dasam Pita asked for head. Did it happen ever before that? NO. Some of your brothers must be thinking that new Guru is tarnishing image of Guru Nanak. Take directions from eternal Guru Granth. Let Khalsa panth evolve with time without losing essence.

What is new Guru? Sikhism is not going to change just because some western minded sikhs want it so.

Isn't Sikhi of Dasam Granth different from Sikhi of Guru Granth?

No sikhi is same.

what exactly are you trying to imply canadiansikh jeo?

Just requesting. We don't have to be withing strict Sharia like Muslims. Gurus were liberal enough to include Muslim sufi bani in Guru Granth, but Sikhs of Guru can't even tolerate even slightly different understanding of Sikhi.

Sikhsim has certain rules.Religion does not conform to an individual's whims.If someone is not happy there are otehr paths available to IJ singh gang.

This is a discussion about Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and how I.J. Singh is changing the eternal Guru to fit his own thinking. And I.J. Singh does not have authority to change something in the Panth. When we talk about changing something from the Panth then it's like adding in the sgpc srm the missing Banis Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji told the Khalsa Panth(Sikhs) to read. Change doesn't mean to take something out or do a 180.

Khalsa, if you knew the definition is not evolve. Does something that is pure, evolve? Only those things that are untainted evolve. It's not called Khalsa Panth just because it sounds cool or its a crazy logo. This is not a marketing campaign, but surely that is what I.J. Singh is trying to sell to you.

There are lots of his type posting on websites.. All these sikhchic.com typical desi ppl wanna act like goray (inferiority complex)...

Exactly.This man wants to modify sikhism on western lines.He thinks sikhi of Guru sahib

should be moulded per western life style.

He supports kala afghana and Darshan lal ragi.

Isn't Sikhi of Dasam Granth different from Sikhi of Guru Granth?

NO!!!, you need to listen to Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa and other Gurmukhs katha.

Remember two aspects, eternal and temporal. Guru Granth is eternal. Temporal is evolving.

Again what is being discussed about I.J. Singh articles is about Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. When this discussion gets to the temporal part then we can discuss that aswell. But just for now Khalsa doesn't evolve. Khalsa is not tainted.

I tuck my beard in and wear pants.

lol, where you going with this? wearing pants or wearing a Bana none of them are outdated. wearing pants is about fashion(being accepted on how you dress) and a Bana is about an identity and something greater. Hold up if the Khalsa Panth goes to war then we need to add something like a bullet proof vest. Is this what your trying to say. Please for your own sake don't bring up there was no guns in the time of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji. Also tucking your beard is not evolving it's being a sheep(unless your protecting your beard from dangers in a work envirnoment). Though its funny you think tucking your beard is apart of evolving, you made a evolution. lol Sorry had to add that in. You asked for it.biggrin.gif

I drive car and do not ride horses.

Me too!!! What kind of car you got! I bet my car is bigger than your car.

I wear modern pug, not dumalla.

How modern is your pug? No jokes tell me how modern it is? Maybe I need to put on a pug that is up to date. hey you might be on to something, is that why I can't find a date? Friday nights are terrible for me. And when saturday comes no friends and no money or honey. I guess all the modern money and honey ran out.

I read Gurbani on internet, not on Santhiyas. Satsang I can afford everyday is not real, but on internet.

So as per yoru definition, am I not a Sikh?

Something surely needs to evolve here and it's not the Khalsa Panth, that's forsure.

Singh, read Japji Sahib and then ask yourself how modern your pug or tucked beard is.

I now have had time to go through the sikh chic website and the I.J Singh stuff. Again like the gobind sadan thing running in another post on here this is another choc a bloc situation of trying to appear contemporary and relevant and interfaith by bringing in all kinds of essays and quotes from elsewhere and it confuses rather than enlightens readers about simple sikhi. I do not understand why we cannot just focus on Sikhi in a straightforward way, and how to be in chardkilela and share Sikhi with the world so such kind of websites do not appear to be trying to blend in westernism with Sikhi.

Sikhi is about getting close to Gurujee , to be practical and transform our life through gurbani, the lifes of our Gurus, and to filled with Gurugyan. Sikhi is not about trying to second guess intellectually, whether or not our Gurus experienced pain and suffering, in order to ''humanise'' them to justify their ability to identify with the human experience, in order that we feel more psychologically sure that our Gurus understand us! That is just so long winded and unnecessary. This deflects attention from the bigger role the Guru shaheedis play, emphasises the needs of our ego and questions our faith in the omniscience of our Gurus, which ought to be the basic premise of our faith in our Gurujees.

All i see in that site is a lot of theory, poor attempts at intellectualisation of Sikhi and efforts to make Sikhi look very presentable and appealing. What the youths of today and tomorow need is not that but to know 1)the history of our Gurus and of martyrs and Sikhi 2) how to read , write and understand gurbani and do kirtan 3) how to live as a chardikela Sikh and the beautiful lifestyle, psyche, mindset and values of a Sikh. This requires an upfront, not mumbo jumbo approach. Always keep things simple and straight and you will reach somewhere. More you engage in mind boggling exercises and theories, this will distract us from the basic things like getting up at amritvela and doing simran and nitnem and focussing on sewa and parchar which ought to be our focus.

lol, where you going with this? wearing pants or wearing a Bana none of them are outdated. wearing pants is about fashion(being accepted on how you dress) and a Bana is about an identity and something greater. Hold up if the Khalsa Panth goes to war then we need to add something like a bullet proof vest. Is this what your trying to say. Please for your own sake don't bring up there was no guns in the time of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji. Also tucking your beard is not evolving it's being a sheep(unless your protecting your beard from dangers in a work envirnoment). Though its funny you think tucking your beard is apart of evolving, you made a evolution. lol Sorry had to add that in. You asked for it.biggrin.gif

Me too!!! What kind of car you got! I bet my car is bigger than your car.

How modern is your pug? No jokes tell me how modern it is? Maybe I need to put on a pug that is up to date. hey you might be on to something, is that why I can't find a date? Friday nights are terrible for me. And when saturday comes no friends and no money or honey. I guess all the modern money and honey ran out.

Something surely needs to evolve here and it's not the Khalsa Panth, that's forsure.

Singh, read Japji Sahib and then ask yourself how modern your pug or tucked beard is.

you're very funny and smart. i have no answer for you.

guru raakha.