Sukhmani Sahib Paath : 4pm - 6pm

Akhand Kirtan Diwan : 6pm - 12am

Sunday 4th April

Asa Ki Vaar: 9.30am - 1.30pm

Sukhmani Sahib Paath: 4pm - 6pm

Rensabhai Keertan

4th April 7pm - 5am

Amrith Sanchaar

The Amrit Sanchaar will be on Sunday 4th April 2010 starting at 8pm sharp at Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sahba

47 - 49 Cross Roads, Coventry, CV6 5GR . Contact Jathedar Bh. Ragbhir Singh - 01926 740160 for details of Amrit Sanchaar. If you have questions, you can contact Jathedar Raghbir Singh 01926 740160 or Bhai Tarunjeet Singh 07877888874

If any persons do not have full kakaars, then Akhand Kirtani Jatha UK will provide them as part of the seva.

Accommodation

• Accomodation @ Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sahib - Contact Bhai. Preetam Singh 07983 959291
  • Bibiaan contact Bibi Gursimran Kaur 07849098888

**Laarvaar Saroop will be prakashed throughout smagam**

*Literature Stall Will Be Open Throughout Smagam*

2440754597_7b490767ca_o.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfless Service

Bhai Fauja Singh Jee.

His daily routine began when he'd wake

up at two in the morning during Amrit

Vela.After having a bath he would begin

Naam Simran meditation.After reciting

Nitnem and following Satguru`s Darshan

he would sing Kirtan in the Sangat and

then he would be happy doing Sewa all

day long.

Bhai Fauja Singh's house was very close

to Siri Darbar Sahib that meant that for

many years countless Gursikhs would visit

him when going there.The couple lived on

the third floor where there were no

facilities for water.

Every night, before

going to sleep, Bhai Fauja Singh would

serve the overnight Sangat staying at his

house by filling buckets of water from the

water pump down below and taking these

upstairs for Amrit Vela Ishnaan.These

three flights of stairs were so narrow that

it was difficult even just walking up them

without carrying anything.When we asked

him to install basic facilities for accessible

water, he would laughingly reply;"Sister, if

some other facilities were made available

then I would not be able to do this Sewa

anymore".

We used to talk at home back in

America amongst ourselves that this was

a soul of a Shaheed sent here for a

particular reason; and when that event

took place, this soul wouldn't remain on

this planet for much longer. Guru Sahib

gave His blessings and made Bhai Sahib

offer Shaheedi to awaken the sleeping

Panth and to re-instil the Khalsa spirit,

love, devotion and respect for Satguru.

This Gursikh was always ready to obey

the Guru`s order and it was this spirit of

devotion and sense of duty towards the

Guru that made Bhai Fauja Singh

immediately get up from doing the Sewa

of Langar and present himself for the

ultimate sacrifice.

He completed the

Sewa that Satguru had sent him to do.

Bhai Fauja Singh and the other twelve

Gursikhs gave their lives to remove the

Panth's complacency.

Bibi Harsharan Kaur

Jullundhar, Punjab

3797374985_8f5fb069cd_b.jpg

shaheed12.jpg

Shaheed Bhai Ranbir Singh Jee "Fauji"was born on 17th December

1935 at the house of Sardar Kala Singh in the village of

Thraj in the district of Faridhkot. Sardar Kala Singh was a

farmer. During the Jaito Morcha he was sentenced to fourteen

years in jail, of which he served five. He was also a member of

Sardar Bhagat Singh's Naujwaan Sabha.

Bhai Ranbir Singh's wife, Sardari Rajwant Kaur, looks after

and educates their two children (Daljeet Singh aged thirteen

and Parmjeet Kaur aged eleven). He has one sister and three

brothers who are employed in the army or work in

agriculture.

Bhai Ranbir Singh became an Amritdhari from the age of

six. After completing his basic education he joined the army.

He knew the Panj Banis and Sukhmani Sahib by heart and

was a Nitnemi of the Panj Granthi and also in charge of

religious duties in the army. He received a pension after

serving twenty years in the army and came to stay with

Sant Kartar Singh Ji Khalsa, Jatha Bhindra Mehta. Sant Ji

made him the Jathedar of the Mehta Gurdwara.

He would give his monthly pension and sold his tractor

trolley for Sewa.

Bhai Ranbir Singh was the Jathedar in charge of

conducting protests against false gurus in Komen, Mehta,

Kadia and Amritsar. On the 13th April he also obtained

Shaheedi like his other brothers while protesting in a

peaceful manner.Two days before this incident, on the

11th April, Bhai Ranbir Singh went to Goindwal Sahib and

did eighty-four Paaths on the steps of the Boali Sahib and

did Ardas to Guru Sahib Ji that may his body be used for

the service of the Guru. According to Guru's Will his

Ardas was answered.

By Bhai Amrik Singh (Mehta)

A Young Bibi jee's Chardi Kala Avastha

In 1945, Bhai Sahib and the whole Jatha arrived at Bhai Sahib’s nephew Bhai Sajjan Singh’s residence in Montegomery (currently in Pakistan), to celebrate the Gurpurab of Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee. Two days before the Gurpurab, Siri Akhand Paath Sahib was started. Before the Siri Akhand Paath Sahib, Bhai Sahib jee started Siri Asa kee Vaar Kirtan at Amritvela. Bhai Sahib did extremely Chardi Kala Kirtan for 2 hours. Hearts of Gursikhs seated in Sangat were pierced with the sharp arrows of Gurbani coming out of Bhai Sahib’s mouth.

After Bhai Sahib was done, a young Bibi, who had her heart pierced by the love-arrows of Gurbani was asked to do Kirtan. She got up with half-closed eyes and sat on the Vaaja to do kirtan. She had no sense of the surroundings. The eye-balls of her eyes had risen above. Her face was pointing upwards. She starting the Kirtan with such heart-piercing and love-filled voice that Gurbani-arrows went through the hearts of the Guru-Pyare sitting in the Sangat. The Shabad she started was:

ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਸੰਤ ਮਿਲਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਭਾਈ ॥

ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਦਸਹੁ ਮੈ ਭੁਖ ਲਗਾਈ ॥

Bibi jee went into Smadhi (trance) during the Shabad and many in the Sangat too had similar spiritual state levied upon them. In such Chardi Kala, the Siri Akhand Paath Sahib started.

Amrit Da Bata

In order to prepare the bata of Amrit the Panj Piare did ardas. The Iron vessel, Khanda, Water and sugar pellets were already present. A blanket was layed in front of Guru Sahib, on top of a large rock the iron vessel was steadily placed. In the attendance of Guru Granth Sahib sat one Singh and the jathedar arrived in the panj. They (the panj) all sat in Bir asaN (warrior position) and became the Sanmukhs of the Guru. Together the Panj poured the water into the vessel and then put in the sugar pellets. Turn by tuen the Panj bania, Jap, Jaap, Sodha Swaiye, Chaupai and full Anand Sahib were read. Whilst doing paaT the Singh held the Khanda in his right hand, whilst the bata was held with the left with complete concentration. The other Singhs held the bata with both hands and everyone focussed their conciousness into the nectar being prepared. Once the five prayers were over the Jathedar did ardas. In order to give the candidates Amrit the jathedar asked the Singh in attendance of Guru Sahib to seek permission. After this the Panj piare again sat in Bir AsaN (warrior position) ready to bless the abhilakis with Amrit. There were approximately 8-10 people getting initiated into the Khalsa brotherhood, my turn came after the 2nd or 3rd person.

Kautak (miracle)

This was an unforgettable experience which occured after complete Sodh Sudhayee. My inner state was uncontrallable, I was half concious and was completely mesmerized; my body was just shaking. It is extremely difficult to describe in detail. As Sanmukh I went to humbly bow my head before Guru Granth Sahib Ji, as I was about to do so Guru Gobind Singh Ji in all his glory gave me his Partakh darshan (in real body) on Guru Granth Sahib Ji's throne. It was as if there was a mirror and behind it Guru Gobind Singh Ji sat in Bir AsaN. It seemed as if it was happening for a long time, but it was only a second or so. After bowing my head I drank the Amrit, then Amrit was splashed in the Kesh (hair), then in the eyes. The Jathedar then proceeded to teach the method of reciting the Gurmantar, at that time my hands just clasped together in prayer and I suddenly received Guru Gobind Singh Ji's darshan once again on the throne of Guru Granth Sahib, my eyes shut and I placed my head in the holy feet of the Guru. The Jathedar Ji then tapped me on my back as if to say 'be aware!'. (Saavdhan!) He also had to physically wake one Singh up from this state of Vismadh. Everyone started doing Abhyas and the Amrit ceremony ended quiet quickly.

The Rehnsbhai

The time was 1-2am. In the hall upstairs a Rehnsbhai Keertan was in progress. I can clearly remember that the Panj Piare came into the Darbar Sahib along with us without the formal dress for the Panj, but on the other hand I do not know whether they came in with us or came in after. What I do know is that after Degh (parshad) was distributed after the Amrit Sanchar they went into a separate room in order to get changed. This I know for sure. Just like normal members of the Sangat they bowed their heads in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and took a seat in Sat Sang. I was coloured in the divine colours at that time, but when I did come to full conciousness I found myself sitting right behind Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji. Only the Guru knows how that happened! On Bhai Sahibs dastar was the Chakar (iron quoit) and whenever he swayed back and forth I felt a pull towards him as he was a divinely imbued soul. My mouth just filled with unbearable taste. Bhai Sahib was singing the following Shabad on the Baja: “Poota Mata Kee Asees”. Keertan was taking place with an ecstatic atmosphere which is hard to forget.

Naam Abhyass

Bhai Sahibs eyes were closed, but they were rolled up towards the sky. The sound of his voice was as though a child is screaming. After 2am, abhyas started in the hall for 2 or so hours. I do not know who turned the main lights off and put on a dim one. The beautiful Jaap of ‘Vaheguru’ was being meditated upon. At that moment it seemed as though no one was present there and I myself was not present there, all that was being heard was the Vaheguru Gurmantar. My spiritual state rose to such a height that I was not conscious of my body or anything else that was happening around me. Only the beautiful name was heard all around, it can be compared to the ticking of a watch, no one was at a higher or lower pitch than anyone else, everyone was reciting with exactly the same tone and rhythm. When my eyes were closed, at times I would experience ecstatic light through my inner eyes. Sometimes I would get a divine glimpse of ‘Ik Oankar’ and it looked as though it was an electric Halogen light shaped like the symbol, whereas sometimes I would get vision of the word ‘Vaheguru’. Then, after about 2 and a half hours the Keertan kicked off again. After some minutes, we started to hear the Vaheguru dhunni resounding everywhere, even though the keertan continued. When I came down from this avastha I noticed that I was still in the same hall as before and the sangat was joined with the keertan enjoying the ecstacy of his name.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh and Baoo Mal Singh were sitting infront of me. Some keertani bibia were doing keertan. Some sangat were sitting behind me, some infront of me, all in total bliss. Bhai Sahibs chakar (iron quoit) was continuing to mesmerize me and had a magnetic glow. “Vaho Vaho Gursikh dhan hai”. To tell you the truth, I did not understand what kautak was taking place, nor did I know what this ras was, otherwise I would have grabbed the holy feet of that Sant (bhai sahib) and never let go. When I did get some knowledge the true king (Guru ji) made me into good friends with Bhai Sahib, he bought this Ant into his holy shade.

In the morning, after Bhai Sahib had sung many shabads, the ceremony came to an end.

Seperation

After this we went home and ate langar, we then went straight back to the Gurdwara Sahib. (In them times langar was made for sangat that had come from outside). Sangat was getting ready to go. Bapoo ji (bhai sahib) and another Singh were trying to get accommodation for the sangat to stay. I kept on gazing into their lovelorn eyes and enjoying ras and they also kept looking at me. The Singhs who were coloured in divine colours were hugging each other and leaving. Initially Bapoo ji was very sad, all the Singhs had tears in their eyes. Everyone was yearning for the same thing as I was – that the Keertan never stopped along with the Naam and Bani. But everything happens in the will of Vaheguru.

“Sanjog vijog doe kaar chalave lekhe avai bhaag”

Translated from Soan ChiRee ChRee GaiN by Bhai Sahib Jodh Singh (Delhi) by r.singh

The Ecstatic Bliss Of Gurbanee Keertan

Once Bhai Harbachan Singh jee had come to Col. Piara Singh jee's home. When returning, he was going to take the night train. All preparations had been made, but that evening some Singhs came to meet him. They requested him to stay some more days but Bhai Sahib didn't agree. One Singh took Col Sahib aside and asked him to request Bhai Sahib to stay one more day. Col Sahib replied "I'll tell you the method, whatever happens then is up to the Guru."

The time for Sodar came and everyone did the paath together. There was still quite a bit of time before the train was to leave so according to Col. Sahib's suggestion, one Singh lovingly said to Bhai Harbachan Singh jee "Well, you're leaving, but before you leave, can you recite one shabad for us?" Bhai Sahib could not refuse. The paath had been done in the presence of Sree Guru Granth Saahib jee and right there the instruments were also opened up. Bhai Sahib took the shabad

" ਸਾਜਨਾਸੰਤਆਉਮੇਰੈ ॥ ੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਆਨਦਾਗੁਨਗਾਇਮੰਗਲਕਸਮਲਾਮਿਟਿਜਾਹਿਪਰੇਰੈ ॥ ੧॥"

When Bhai Sahib sang the next line,

" ਸੰਤਚਰਨਧਰਉਮਾਥੈਚਾਂਦਨਾਗ੍ਰਿਹਿਹੋਇਅੰਧੇਰੈ ॥ ੨॥",

then his consciousness was so lost in this line that he spent the rest of the night in the sangat doing abhyaas. Bhai Sahib remained silent in his deep meditation and his hands remained resting on the vaja. At around 5AM at amrit vela, Bhai Sahib again began the shabad from the same line and finished around 6AM. In this way, the Singhs enjoyed the bliss of a lot of sangat with Bhai Sahib (where he was before not going to stay).

Once, during the first World War, Bhai Harbachan Singh was stationed in a military camp on the banks of a river in France. At amrit vela, Bhai Sahib was immersed in naam abhyaas when the river began to flood. The army began to flee and in moments, they emptied the camp and went far away. Bhai Saahib stayed stationary in deep smaadhee. The water began to go over him as well. When roll call was taken for the unit, Bhai Saahib was listed as missing due to "having drowned". But after two or four days, when the water receded from the camp, the soldiers who came to survey the damage found Bhai Saahib covered in deep mud. They picked him up and after cleaning him, Bhai Sahib's smaadhee finally opened. Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh jee used to say that the British forces won the war because naam abhyaasees like this were in the ranks of their army.

Great Visionary

During the spring of 1978, many Premi

Gursikhs and myself went to Punjab.

We were in high spirits and attended

the Vaisakhi Akhand Kirtan Smagam.

The Sangat that had travelled from the

UK was large yet Bhai Fauja Singh

begged us all to stay at his house. He

begged to do the Sewa of all the

Gursikhs.We happily went along to his

house.

In the afternoon, we were all talking