Sikh Calendar On Sikh Sangat

The Nanakshahi calendar on SikhSangat is the one that is approved by Sri Akal Takht Sahib. We feed the dates to this calendar. SikhSangat obeys everything that comes out of Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Also, If you want a calendar for your website or so on, contact me and i will send you out a code..

The Nanakshahi calendar on SikhSangat is the one that is approved by Sri Akal Takht Sahib. We feed the dates to this calendar. SikhSangat obeys everything that comes out of Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Also, If you want a calendar for your website or so on, contact me and i will send you out a code..

So bruv its the New One ??

Yep, its the new one approved and published by Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji.

Dont wory about it - if we relate our presence on the earth relative to the moon or sun - just make sure you celebrate the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saying that i am sticking to bikrami !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sangat this singhs confused wasnt we kicken off and say we wont except the new calander ?? also does this mean some sangat will go by the old calander and sum by new ? and why the change ? and what is the majour changes how will they effect the dates?

Thanks

Veerjee, Saying no to new changes in calendar means saying no and standing against Akal Takht Sahib, no matter what conditions are. Outside forces in various faces (both in india and abroad) are trying their best to delete the role Akal Takht Sahib plays in our household. To keep united, we need first to bow down our head in front of our guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and then to follow sandesh/hukam/order coming out of our temporal supreme authority: Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

The original calender as proposed by PS Purewas and later adopted by SGPC is a solar calender

measuring year as one revolution of earth around sun ( previously in india known as Saka Calander

while the new amendments undertaken are based on lunar movement ( introducing Panchamis,

masiya, Puranmasi etc.) by doing this the whole community is becoming laughing stock in the world.Hey

Parmatma sadi leadership nu vi sumat bakhsho , so that they know basics of Astronomy before

doing any damage.

Damage was done when Tohra adopted Purewal's calendar without considering all angles.

Look at the other side of the table:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I once again request everyperson concerned to see the logic behind the move, if there is no logic, the move has to be rejected.

Please , we should be arguing the topic on reason only, not on sentiments only. Secondly our great Gurus have shown us the

path to be followed, weight all pros and cons on the parametres of Gurmat , if something does not conform to Gurmat , we have the

reason and right to reject it outright . So please apply your mind the standard parameters of Gurmat are before us , if not only

this calander , but every other issue fits inside all corners of Gurmat , accept it , otherwise reject it , disregarding the source.

Please forgive if it seems to hurt any one, but we have only KASAUTI of gurmat to examine such issues and ideas

thanks