The Hair And Nails -> Both Dead Material?

S_i-_n-g_h-

Sadhsangat ji,

Im studying at school and today i was asked to go to a nearby school to attend a lecture on ethics and euthanasia. The first thing the teacher doing the talk said was that back in old times they didn't have to face such question but now young people don't have the option to sit back, not get involved and not have views about such questions.

Firstly this made me thing in that i have remained quiet and continued with my khalsa reht and not really focused on the outside world. Now i realise that i need to educate myself and have a backed up opinion.

But the question i need some reassurance on is that according to science both the nails and hair are dead material apart from the root which is in the skin. They are both comprimised of the same protein kerotine i think. i was having a dissucssion with my friend and i said that sikhs remain natural and cut their nails because they would eventually break off like how animal claws get rubbed down, it would be unhygienic to keep them and that they are dead material. They then said that hair is dead material is well. So i went home and researched the topic but feel i need some reassurance by that cutting our nails isn't hypocrisy. And that there are disadvantages to cutting hair.

The hair on our head is covered so it isn't exposed to sunlight to get vitamin D.

Please help me with your understandings :(

Bul Chuk maaf

What is hyprocritical about all of this is that science is not proof. It is a theory and an idea what something could be. The honest science students and professor will tell you, what is talked about in science is a theory(the possiblity of science being wrong is there in the theory). The dishonest science people that are atheist and at this point they are fanatics will not disclose this to you, so you stay ignorant of this very important piece of info. Science is not the be all end of discussion.

All these excuses and different reason why hair or why not hair is not important. The Khalsa Panth has an identity and it includes keeping hair uncut.

Don't waste your time on this because surely it's not worth it.

Guest Bloom

Also In My Opinion, (On a Little Separate Note About Kesh)

Ever Heard The Saying, "It Made The Hairs On My Back Stand Up" Or Something Like That. Now Think About That. When People Get Cold, or Shocked, Etc. Sometimes Don't The Hair, For Example On Your Arms 'Stand Up'? Now Think About Electricity. Something Had To 'Go Through' For Your Hairs To Stand, Even More Than Just The Pores, What Ever It Is, SatGuru Says Keep Kesh Fully In Tact. Once People Have Faith And Trust SatGuru, Then They Automatically Have Full Faith In Gurus' Bachans. The Truth Is, Science Is Yet To Understand The Spiritual and What This Body Actually Is. Just Like The Hair Can Stand Up On Your Arms If Cold Etc, Or The Hairs on Someones Head Might Fully Stand Up By Touching That 'Electricity Ball' They Have At Science Places Etc., In The Same Way The Kesh Is Attached To Deeper Spirit, and Actually Connected To The Entire Being, Which Like Electricity To Hair, The Kesh Is Connected To The Electricity Of Naam. Science Is Yet To Understand A Lot of Things. Science Is Still In Its Major Major Major Major Major Infancy. Guru Brought The Truth. The Kesh Is Part Of The Deeper Truth, That Science Is Still Yet To Understand. Listen To Akaal Purakh Through SatGuruu. Gurus Says So, So It Is. Do It, And Try To Understand It, But ALWAYS Remain WITHIN The Bachans of Guru, Even While Trying To Understand. Kesh Is Connected To Naam. Science Cannot Understand This Yet. Always Remain Within Rehit. Never Even Think Of Bajjar Kureits, Even While Trying To Understand The Complexities Of The Physical, Spiritual Etc. and Their Connections Etc. Kesh Is Connected To Deeper Things That Science Cannot Explain At This Moment. Most Fortunate Are Gurus Sikhs. SatGuru Hukams Are Most Important.

Also In My Opinion, (On a Little Separate Note About Kesh)

Ever Heard The Saying, "It Made The Hairs On My Back Stand Up" Or Something Like That. Now Think About That. When People Get Cold, or Shocked, Etc. Sometimes Don't The Hair, For Example On Your Arms 'Stand Up'? Now Think About Electricity. Something Had To 'Go Through' For Your Hairs To Stand, Even More Than Just The Pores, What Ever It Is, SatGuru Says Keep Kesh Fully In Tact.

Wow! I never even thought of that, that's amazing, thank you!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh