If Blue Is The Khalsa Colour, Then Were Did It Go Wrong?

amzsingh

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fatehh!!

Khalsa Ji, I was reading NihangSingh.org website about Bana, brilliant article and it got me thinking. I would like to ask the sangat a few questions:

1. -If Blue was a colour given by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, why is white/saffron/black so popular nowadays? (in terms of (Bana & Dastaar)
  2. -Where did the saffron/yellow Nishaan sahib come from?
  3. -Why does every Gurdwara in the UK and most abroad have saffron Nishaan Sahib and not blue?
  4. -...as mentioned in the tite ...where, when, why did it go wrong?
  5. -If the Panj Pyare were dressed in Blue in 1699 Vaisakhi, why do Panj Pyare were orange nowadays?

the link to the article: click here

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh rolleyes.gif

I'm not sure exactly ji but i heard this in a katha by Jathedar Baba Nihal Singh Ji Taruna Dal Harian Belan Wale (Jinda shaheed) they say that khalsa has four colours for bana... blue/white/orange (kesri)/black

blue is the colour of neutrality, matches the sky which is equal to everyone and it is the general colour for bana we should usually wear

White is the colour of ... i cant remeber what... but it represents peace and it should be worn by parchariks who can preach dharm but can't defend it.

Kesri- this is the colour of giving everything up... of sahus who left home and represents leaving everything behind..s o when khalsa goes for shaheedi they wear orange.

Black - this is the colour of protest, i think in the jaito morchas all the sings wore black dastaaars

also it mentions these four colours in the dam dami taksal maryada

and im not sure where it all went "wrong" but as long as its a khalsa colour its all okaay but yeaah i wonder this myself.. how did we leave blue bana

sorry if i said something wrong!

Why do we not understand that all the different meanings to colours are ascribed by the man himself.

one color may have different attributes in different time & places . Like in india the bridal color

is red\crimson While in west the bridal dress is always white(which in India and the east is worn

in mourning times. The crux of the matters is all the colors are made by the Almighty for our

benifit(VIBGYOR) are the colors which our eyes can differentiate, black is absence of any color,

whirte is combo of all the seven, and there may be many more which are beyond recognition

by the human eyes. so lets enjoy the all and praise the Lord(almighty)

listen to Giani Thakur Singhs Katha on Rehit Maryada. Its at the end over the larivaar katha of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Sukhjeevan SIngh didnt get it right when explaining white and black

Its best if you listen to the katha but in short:

The Khalsa has 4 colours

Orange/Kesri: Colour represents Kurbani/Shaheedi

Black: Represents sorrow as in were sad we havent met Waheguru yet

White: Represents how the Khalsa are saints as well (purity). Not for people who can preach but cant defend like sukhjeevan said. Sant Jarnail Singh wore almost exclusively white chole and he could defend faith pretty good lol

Blue: Dont completly remember (check the katha). I remember Punj Pyare telling me but dont no how i can put their words into english with messing up the meaning

Sorrry.. what gurjiwan singh ji said is right ! i must've heard wrong.. i'll try find you the katha..heard it years back, im pretty sure they said it about white and about black though.. but your right in saying mahapurkh wore white nearly all the time and them being able to defend pretty well so i must be wrong. also maybe bana is really about the colour of dastaar you wear, like sant ji usually wore a blue dastar

and with black.. you do sorrow whilst protest.. baba ji called it Ros da rang.. i remember that

sorry for creating confusion

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

In Sanatan Dharma (Hinduism), the color deep saffron is associated with sacrifice and salvation. Saffron or "Bhagwa" is often worn by "Sanyasis" who have left their home in search of the ultimate truth.<LI>Buddhist monks in the Theravada tradition typically wear saffron robes (although occasionally maroon--the color normally worn by Vajrayana Buddhist monks--is worn). (The shade of saffron typically worn by Theravada Buddhist monks is the lighter shade of saffron shown above.)<LI>Sikhs use saffron as the background color of the Nishan Sahib, the flag of the Sikh religion, upon which is displayed the khanda in blue Image:Khanda.png.

I think we have saffron colour as this was the colour of Indian religions. We got this inheritance from our Hindu ancestors. This is why we, Buddhists and Hindus use this colour for our religions.

orange is the color of sacrifice, and the significance of it was traditionally worn in jang by the front line soldiers who do ardas to attain shaheedi that day. these are singhs that stay in naam abhiaas and wake up in the 2nd round of the 3 (12am, 3am, 4am) amrit vela become tyar bar tyar before starting their nitnem etc.

sant jarnail singh, harianvelawale, yogi bhajan

Sant Bhindranwale

/Singhs 84

Seeing pictures of Singhs in 84 wearing keshri yellowish orange dastars i like to wear the same colour dastar in thier remeberance and feel the pride and strength of my beloeved brothers who gave their head for Sikhi.

slok mÚ 5 ]

salok ma 5 ||

Salok, Fifth Mehla:

pihlw mrxu kbUil jIvx kI Cif Aws ]

pehilaa maran kabool jeevan kee shhadd aas ||

First, accept death, and give up any hope of life.

hohu sBnw kI ryxukw qau Awau hmwrY pwis ]1]

hohu sabhanaa kee raenukaa tho aao hamaarai paas ||1||

Become the dust of the feet of all, and then, you may come to me. ||1||