Do Muslims In Uk Really Need Another Mosque?

kharaghsingh

Mosques in the UK.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do Muslims In Uk Really Need Another Mosque?

2. 2. Do you think the activities going on in the Mosque will be purely for religious reasons or do you think they educate terrorists inside mosques aswell?

• YES -for religious reasons
    • NO -they will educate/create terrorists aswell

I have found that the English Defence League are tomorrow going to the Dudley area of the West Midlands to protest against a Mosque that is going to be built. I thought the EDL were people with some extreme views and always try to cause trouble wherever go, but after looking into the matter about why they going Dudley the day before Easter Sunday, I now think that maybe they are doing the right thing fighting for their rights and those of others.

The government does try to encourage and help ethnic minorities, which is a positive, but question is: Are the muslims an ethnic 'minority'? If the muslims can be classed as an ethnic minority then, who is not an ethnic minority? because there is so many of these muslims, and actually they shouldn't qualify as an ethnic minority, simply because they are not a minority.

This is not being racist, what i am saying is true. And i read somewhere on the web that in the next 10 years it will be islam country. Is this what we want? We might aswell move to Pakistan now then.wacko.gif

Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jainism, Sikhism, ever heard of any followers of these faiths terrorising others who do not fit in? No. Ever heard any of the followers of these faiths blowing up places, planes, trains, people? No. Why? Because they respect their faith and the rights of others to follow their own beliefs. They are peaceful religions and peaceful people. But talk about these Muslims, have you ever heard of a muslim doing anything positive for the country? No.

I would not like to use the word Muslims to identify these people but they declare them selves a muslims so that is why i using it, i m not targeting the muslim religion. Problem is the majority of these people call themselves muslims, but the true religion of islam was become extinct many many many years ago. These people which i refer to as muslims are terrorists. So going back to the mosque issue, The edl will be protesting against an £18 million mosque in Dudley. What can be done to stop the UK from becoming a Muslim country?

Would the Muslims let Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jainism, Sikhs open there religious places as many as they want in a Muslim country freely????? huh.gif No i thought not.

If Islam is a peace keeping religion then why they not think before about the protests and the resistance that would happen because of their mosque. If it was not for this mosque then the edl would not have to go to dudley and none of the traders or shopkeepers would have to lose out and the local people would be safe and would not need to feel intimidated. Also, the local people do not want a mosque there so the muslims are forcefully opening one. Which is what a peaceful religion does is it? Why need £18million to open a place of worship? Where are the muslims getting this money from? If they have £18 milllion free just lieing around and it is their money which they have saved as a community and not asked for fund from gorvernment then if they want to spend it on a religious cause, why not provide it to charities or some other worthwhile cause? Why open a mosque which is going to cause all this tension and trouble, which is not wanted by the local people, they've got enough of them anyway, and it's something which everyone has rejected. Why? Because this is what islam teaches them, this is the definition of peace they have.

Surely, we as Sikhs too have a duty to protect the communities we live in, should we be out protesting tomorrow to help support the edl in tomorrow's protest?

Second question is: Where has the £18million come from? Can it possibly be that muslims have collected this money themselves ie savings because not many of these muslims work nearly all of them are claiming benefits from the government. If it is tax payer's money then this has to be stopped, it is not fair if the people who pay the tax's views arent listened to because that is who's money they are using for this.

All opinions and comments more than welcome. No offence to any faiths or any individuals, just state what is true.

Bhul chukk muaaf

http://www.birmingha...97319-26151146/

Hello,

Dude please, before you start to praise the EDL please watch the film, 'this is england'. I have absolutley no intention of supporting the EDL 2moro. In response to your question do muslims need another mosque.......lets have a look at ourselves beofre pointing the finger...have you ever been to soho rd in Birmingham.....hw many gurdwara's do we have close to each other?......what if the EDL had planned a march then?

Every religion has extermists, christians did the same thing to countless people in the crusades.....the world is more advanced now so you have islamic extremists doing the same thing but with more advanced weaponry i.e. bombs. I'm in no way condoning these attacks or trying to justify them, but it's like ive said before, sikhs of all people should know how dangerous it is to class an entire religion as terrorist (look at 1984).

If we as a community pulled together and were more supportive, then maybe we would have a handy £18million too to spend on what we wish.

'Second question is: Where has the £18million come from? Can it possibly be that muslims have collected this money themselves ie savings because not many of these muslims work nearly all of them are claiming benefits from the government. If it is tax payer's money then this has to be stopped, it is not fair if the people who pay the tax's views arent listened to because that is who's money they are using for this.'

LOL this made me laugh....wow muslims might actually be able to comprehend such a difficult task such as saving money.........lol sorry just my sarcasm coming out, it's not meant to offend. I can tell you now that there are a heck of a lot of sikhs on benefits too.....its not just what i think; i have 2 family members that work in the civil service.

Basically what i'm trying to get across in this reply, is to not be so judgemental of other religions or groups, if we point that finger back at ourselves you'll see that theres alot of things that we ourselves need to work on before we gossip about other people doing these things.

I know my view isnt supported by everyone on this borad, so sorry if have offended anyone. At the end of the day...we all have to answer to the same god...Sarbat da pala

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

WOW!!!!!! ( I voted YES, both times).

I just looked at the questions & results of the poll. Very intolerant is it not?

With regards to UK, England, where I live.

Hypothetically if there were no muslims in the UK. I am not muslim, but if I was an indeginous Brit, or memeber of BNP, or EDL would I then not pick on someone else? Are there not enough Gurdware in UK? Or any other, Mandir, Synagone, Temple etc? Even if there where no other faiths. How about Black churches? (They had mass immigaration in the lates 40's / 50's).

Please live and let live, let others do as they please! With regards to extremist's just view some of the posts on this very site. SORRY - I know that may result in a backlash. But please I 'am only going on the response's to which I posted. EDIT: (just to clarify) reponse's to the post I made. - Please read all my post I have nothing to hide. Look at the responses I received.

Some members on this site seem to think our way is the best. All other ways are fruitless. Only my way is the best. I find that very intoelrant and biggoted. What about the rest of mankind? Are we all doomed?

Is it better to be a good human being or a good Sikh/ Muslim / Christian/ Hindu/ Buddhist/ Jew etc? (Many other Faiths)

On a side note

Swiss are supposed to be most neutral country in Europe (No?) But they recently banned any new minarets being built in the country. (Early This year 2010, not sure exact date). Who supports that? If you do, do you not think they will not then turn on your religion?

'Second question is: Where has the £18million come from? Can it possibly be that muslims have collected this money themselves ie savings because not many of these muslims work nearly all of them are claiming benefits from the government. If it is tax payer's money then this has to be stopped, it is not fair if the people who pay the tax's views arent listened to because that is who's money they are using for this.'

LOL this made me laugh....wow muslims might actually be able to comprehend such a difficult task such as saving money.........lol sorry just my sarcasm coming out, it's not meant to offend.

There are only a couple billion muslims in the world, and more than couple of muslim's with a billion (£££££/ $). It is not a very hard task is it? Even 1 penny every so X (please calculate yourself), would see them on their way.

The government does try to encourage and help ethnic minorities, which is a positive, but question is: Are the muslims an ethnic 'minority'? If the muslims can be classed as an ethnic minority then, who is not an ethnic minority? because there is so many of these muslims, and actually they shouldn't qualify as an ethnic minority, simply because they are not a minority

Answer to your question is- Depends on which country you are talking about. If it is United Kingdom, brother your are wrong muslims are a minority. Please view http://www.statistics.gov.uk, please have evidence before making statements. Please make sensible statements. Do some research. Without name calling someone on another thread stated something about Shaheed-E-Azam Bhagat Singh, following lala jagat naryan, come on! Do not make ridiculous statements!!!!!!

This is not being racist, what i am saying is true. And i read somewhere on the web that in the next 10 years it will be islam country. Is this what we want? We might aswell move to Pakistan now then.wacko.gif

You mean the country in which (what it is called in 2010), Guru Nanak Dev Ji, was born!! Islam was founded by prophet Mohammed in what is now called Saudi Arabia, by the way Guru Ji also visited there.

Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jainism, Sikhism, ever heard of any followers of these faiths terrorising others who do not fit in? No. Ever heard any of the followers of these faiths blowing up places, planes, trains, people? No. Why?

Please do some research! Crusades, is just the starting place with regards to 'in the name of Christ' we did this. Hindu's - maybe you are young. Just look at the past decade, Babri Masjid, Ayodhya and then Gujarat. Do you know about 1984 Delhi? But you must have Forgotten 1984!!!!!!!!!

If Islam is a peace keeping religion then why they not think before about the protests and the resistance that would happen because of their mosque. If it was not for this mosque then the edl would not have to go to dudley and none of the traders or shopkeepers would have to lose out and the local people would be safe and would not need to feel intimidated. Also, the local people do not want a mosque there so the muslims are forcefully opening one. Which is what a peaceful religion does is it? Why need £18million to open a place of worship? Where are the muslims getting this money from? If they have £18 milllion free just lieing around and it is their money which they have saved as a community and not asked for fund from gorvernment then if they want to spend it on a religious cause, why not provide it to charities or some other worthwhile cause? Why open a mosque which is going to cause all this tension and trouble, which is not wanted by the local people, they've got enough of them anyway, and it's something which everyone has rejected. Why? Because this is what islam teaches them, this is the definition of peace they have.

Please I do not know exact figure but Sri Guru Singh Shaba, Southall Havelock Road cost around £17million. How many Gurdware are around King Street area and then Broadway? It's only 15 -20, max 25 minute walk, yes walk in car about 5 minute from start of Broadway / Uxbridge Road (hayes), to Havelock. Not the Arms but the Gurdwara. (Same thing, I suppose).

Also the new Gurdwara in Lemington, it is really nice by the way that cost around £11 million.

There are only alot off mosques because there are more muslims, fact. Another fact more muslims go to mosques everyday than any other religion in UK. Look at earlier today, Jummah prayers! EDIT: Just to clarify, I meant more muslims go to the mosque than other faiths go to their place or worship. i.e. Sikhs to the Gurdwara, Christians to Church etc.