Major Beadbei

TejiKaur

I agree with the gs. It is a pre made template and shopper can customize it to anything. I probably bet none of the shoppers ever bought such thing with sikhi symbols. However it is wrong to have this but it is hard for them to bring change. But nothing bad in trying... Bring this issue in attention to their customer department and follow up from there...

Thank you Paa Ji, for acknowledging my view.

BUT COME ON - you are an administrator, so maybe your quite IT clued up. If you agree with my point someone else may have created their webpage, how and why would it be hard for them to bring change? Your words by the way! If they paid for a service, all they request to the providers is to change the syntax. Include a couple of IF / OR / THEN / ELSE or whatever in the coding! The guys behind the website paid for a service like you guys have at Sikhsangat.com, got a generic forum and slighlty customised it, paying money for it. So spending a little extra you can get it modified, like when buying a car, extra's cost!

So the people behind can make changes. Nothing bad in trying?!!!!! OF COURSE THEY CAN CHANGE THE WEBSITE WITH REGARDS TO OFFENSIVE IMAGES. Just like admin puts their views across and locks or deletes or modifies posts they don't agree with. You think the people behind that site can't make changes? We are not all MUPPETS! Surely is worthwhile following even tohugh others may think:

nothing bad in trying... Bring this issue in attention to their customer department and follow up from there

Please follow the simple instructions below:

1) Follow the link below to contact the website to complain about the boxers.

http://help.cafepres...ofile=cafepress

2) Enter your name/last name

3) Email Address

4) What your question is about - Click "something else"

5) Copy and paste this text below as the problem:

To the Director of Cafe Press.com

I have just visited your website and have been deeply offended by seeing the image of our Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji, on a pair of boxer shorts (Product ID: 177831859).

Furthermore, the use of the Sikh symbol, the Khanda on a Thong (Product ID: 102698622) and also on a pair of boxer shorts (Product ID: 185102863) is also extremely offensive.

As you may or may not know, this act by your company insulted and upset the whole Sikh community. We cannot comprehend that in the present climate a company would decide to commit such an ignorant and blasphemous act.

We would request for these products to be revoked instantly for sale to stop any further insult and hurt to the Sikh community.

We would appreciate that these steps are put into effect immediately to avoid any legal action.

Thank You

(your name)

OR

To speak directly to someone please call:

Call toll free at 001-877-809-1659.

To complain: 001-650-655-3104

Monday - Saturday, 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST

UK Support: 0800 073 1484 (call this number as they usually answer)

Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM GMT

Quote these ID numbers when complaining:

Product ID: 177831859 (Guru Nanak Dev Ji)

Product ID: 102698622 (Khanda)

Product ID: 185102863 (Khanda)

Please follow the instructions in the previous post!

singh.. when you emailed them did they acknowledge receipt or have they responded in any way?

No reply whatsoever!!!

When I ring, they dont seem to be bothered because I think nobody has called or complained, it would help if everyone puts a complaint in.

What next shoes with Gurbani printed on them!!! Is that what we're waiting for??

No reply whatsoever!!!

When I ring, they dont seem to be bothered because I think nobody has called or complained, it would help if everyone puts a complaint in.

What next shoes with Gurbani printed on them!!! Is that what we're waiting for??

Namastanq, thanks for showing some positive action.

I am sorry I did not send a copy of your e-mail. Only reason being is, the wording is incorrect in my view. How can one person's e-mail voice the opinion of the whole Sikh community, without verification. Look don't take offence. Please let me explain, basically anyone can who has a lot of time on their hands can make and create 1000's of e-mail addresses, how hard is it to do that? Even a little kid can make an e-mail account copy paste the statement and then forward to the company. So from my experience and in my humble opinion, unless the e-mail has the backing of a recognised organisation from the Sikh faith and proper authentic details of the people who are protesting they won't take it seriously. Please read some of my earlier post in this thread, we all need to get together, provide valid accurate details (not forum nicknames, but real name and address contact etc. Again, read my earlier posts some may not want to show details to other nut ters so it should only be viewable to certain people.).

Why on some topics there are loads of responses but on this not many? Is this a trivial matter?

I did phone but had some immature person on the other end. They must have thought I was an extremist and hanged up!!!

Still no responses.

KALSINGH ji if you have the time and skills please contact me. PM me i will give you my personal numbers. Where you live, if London we can link up or something (Central, near Strand, dinner time or something if after 6.30 Southall / West London ends? ? If it's East Mids, I go there alot of weekends so I can link you there on Sat's or Sunday before or just after Dinner time. Let's get an online petition started, if members of this site are not bothered there are alot of other others out there who might think it IS A BIG DEAL! There are more responses to the April fools day joke and other trivial personalities, who chat bob, Forget about the Mr. Reds etc. them people don't even matter as much I think so let them chat s1h7. We know it's not true, only by giving a Mr.Red or anyone else will there issue be highlighted, why acknowledge lies, be the bigger person ignore them. Is this not more important, it's not a trivial, frivalous matter I think this is really bad! This issue needs addressing more NO? Do we want others seeing images like that on underwear, I know only a proper muppet would buy that stuff. Actually theres something we can add to the statement that every one needs to agree too, read all my posts in this topic. But we can ask them if anyone ever bought stuff like that, if not that just proofs our point abit, about it being really inapporpriate. KALSINGH ji please get in contact with me. Lets atleast try.

• 1 month later...

Does no one still feel this is not a very big issue?

There was more outrage to http://www.sikhsanga...edbi-in-london/ It has been deleted!

For those who did not read it (NOT EXACT WORDS I AM PARAPHRASING) -

'Basically someone posted a message about a barber having a poster of a Singh with a before and after of his first haircut. Many thought this was a real insult to Sikhi. Including S1ngh (admin), who advised the original poster he has the authority to use the WWW.SIKHSANGAT.COM name to tell the Tamil barber that 18 K members are offended and to take down the poster'

Others posted the barbers phone numbers, shop name, location and even a google maps street view image. Then there was a comment by 'S1ngh' admin member that lets not contact the person directly? Why not just delete the personal details of the shop if you did not want other members to contact the person directly? BUT the funniest was the Oxbridge graduate, who must have some of Einsteins genes who suggested members to contact the local MP (what for?), and then boycott the business! YES boycott the barbers. I think many members do not live in Tooting, and the other small little thing might be is that most members maybe Amritdhari.

My only comment was that the person cut his hair under his own free will. My question was why is it so offensive to Sikhi, as that person only represents himself not all Sikhs. Why was it deleted? Because I suggested this issue was more off an insult?

ALSO why did Admin members not support this issue. Surely this issue is more of an insult to Sikhi than some random person with a before and after picture?