Query About Panj Kakkar'S (5 K'S).

gurdssingh

Hi I just have a question about Sikhi. Hope this is the right forum as in desc. it says "General Sikhi talk and inquiries".

Please I do not know! Secondly I do not want to cause offense or anything, far from it. Basically I m not amritdhari Sikh. I wear a kara is that wrong? Just because if I did not have the others am I entitled to wear just one? I know the majority NO actually everyone I have met has not taken offence to me wearing a Kara. But, I know I'am jumping to conclusions but if I was to say for example wear a Kirpan, some people would make comments and alot may not approve. Sorry if I sound argumentative or clueless, it's just that many people of Punjabi origin wear Kare, no one bats an eyelid. So can I have the honest opinion of the sangat, am I wrong just to wear a Kara, do I have to observe fully and adhere to all 5. Are non- Amritdhari's allowed too, and does it offend Amritdahris, if we wear Kare, just one of the Panj Kakkar?

I do wear boxers aswell but that is different to Kachera. Or not? Does Kachera have to be like knee length?

Sorry if I sound like an id10t, it's just I don't know. So please again I am sorry if I offend, it's just sometimes, some here think because I do not adhere to Sikhi 100%, I should not talk about it. I am trying to learn more, I want too!!!!!

Hi I just have a question about Sikhi. Hope this is the right forum as in desc. it says "General Sikhi talk and inquiries".

Please I do not know! Secondly I do not want to cause offense or anything, far from it. Basically I m not amritdhari Sikh. I wear a kara is that wrong? Just because if I did not have the others am I entitled to wear just one? I know the majority NO actually everyone I have met has not taken offence to me wearing a Kara. But, I know I'am jumping to conclusions but if I was to say for example wear a Kirpan, some people would make comments and alot may not approve. Sorry if I sound argumentative or clueless, it's just that many people of Punjabi origin wear Kare, no one bats an eyelid. So can I have the honest opinion of the sangat, am I wrong just to wear a Kara, do I have to observe fully and adhere to all 5. Are non- Amritdhari's allowed too, and does it offend Amritdahris, if we wear Kare, just one of the Panj Kakkar?

I do wear boxers aswell but that is different to Kachera. Or not? Does Kachera have to be like knee length?

Sorry if I sound like an id10t, it's just I don't know. So please again I am sorry if I offend, it's just sometimes, some here think because I do not adhere to Sikhi 100%, I should not talk about it. I am trying to learn more, I want too!!!!!

Few people adhere to Sikhi 100%, but we all try to obtain that goal. It's OK to take babysteps, not everyone can jump right into the deep end. For example, many Singhs I know kept full rehat (including 5Ks) as preparation before taking Amrit.

I believe it's fine to wear a kara as a staring point as long as you don't do beadbi of it (i.e., don't drink or smoke if you wear it).

General kachhera rehat is that it should be knee length and should have a nala. Boxers definitely do not count.

Keep asking questiobns, veer ji, and keep learning.

K.

koi na veerji :) you dotn sound like an <banned word filter activated> its nice to here someone speak in such nimrata!!

boxers dont count :) and your not wrong to wear a kara :) just like we should not do kesha di beadbi befor amrit :) its good to wear kakars before amrit.. i didnt and found it a bit diffucult but satguru di mehar hai