**EVERYONE POST**

• 3 weeks later...

qyrw kIqw jwqo nwhI mYno jogu kIqoeI ]

thaeraa keethaa jaatho naahee maino jog keethoee ||

I have not appreciated what You have done for me, Lord; only You can make me worthy.

mY inrguixAwry ko guxu nwhI Awpy qrsu pieEeI ]

mai niraguniaarae ko gun naahee aapae tharas paeiouee ||

I am unworthy - I have no worth or virtues at all. You have taken pity on me.

qrsu pieAw imhrwmiq hoeI siqguru sjxu imilAw ]

tharas paeiaa miharaamath hoee sathigur sajan miliaa ||

You took pity on me, and blessed me with Your Mercy, and I have met the True Guru, my Friend.

nwnk nwmu imlY qW jIvW qnu mnu QIvY hirAw ]1]

naanak naam milai thaa(n) jeevaa(n) than man thheevai hariaa ||1||

O Nanak, if I am blessed with the Naam, I live, and my body and mind blossom forth. ||1||

I don't know how much this story is going to inspire anyone. There is not much to say, nothing too great as compared to the stories above, so just gonna give it a try. I wish I could name the people who helped me a great deal in becoming what I am, but since they may not appreciate it, I am gonna refrain from naming them. But you know who you are, and I will always be the dust of your feet!!

I was born in a non-Sikh family, Punjabi Brahmin to be specific. Till I was nearly 19, I grew up in the United Arab Emirates, an Islamic country. My entire schooling, including my first year in college was done there. I saw the Hindi movie Maachis on T.V. This movie did the job of providing air to a hidden spark. The various scenes of Gurdwaras, the sound of Gurbani being sung gave me immense inner delight. Towards the end of 1997, when I was only 18 years and a few months, I sensed that some massive change was about to come in my life.

I did some research on Sikhism on the internet which I had started using only after I was 18 and half years old. To my utter shock, I found the answers to all my lifelong spiritual queries which were left unanswered by every other religion. I fell in love with Guru Nanak!! Soon after I started doing path of Sri Sukhmani Sahib and fell in love with this Bani as well.

I came to USA in August 1998, in the white majority and known to be racist part of the US. Thanks to the internet, I drowned myself into knowledge about Sikhi, Sikh history and everything else related to Sikhi. I would listen to Gurbani and kathas on the internet

In the summer of 2003 I joined Sikhsangat.com. Now my Sikhi went on a rampage. I fell deeper and deeper into it. I met new Singhs on the net, talked to some over the telephone. I was sent "In Search of the True Guru", the autobiography of Bhai Rama Singh ji by a Singh from this forum (yeah man you know who you are lol). I never liked AKJ style keertan, but after I saw the live telecast of the November 2003 L.A. Samagam, I got addicted to it. In December 2003 I read Bhai Rama Singh ji's autobiography, and only after reading half of the book i decided to quit shaving and cutting my hair. Another veerjee from India who posts here sometimes urged me a lot to maintain strict Amritvela, and that was the reason I was able to stay strong. As my beard and hair grew, I cut myself off from everyone totally. People would ask my sister, who stayed with me, as to what was going wrong with me. I received absolutely no motivation from my family, or even the few Sikh acquaintances that I knew in my university. As surprising as you may find, the ones to congratulate me on my transformation were the Hindus and Muslims I knew.

June 2004 was the twentieth anniversary of Operation Bluestar, the attack on Darbar Sahib. One Singh from California was kind enough to take me with him to Chicago where a Shaheedi Samagam was held. Here, for the first time in my life, I saw and met so many Amritdharis. I stayed with them for almost a week, and never for a moment did I feel that they were people other than my family. This was when I got my name changed as well. We visited a Singh, who was one of my panj pyaare in the very near future. He gifted me with 2 kirpans, 1 small and 1 huge. I put it on here itself. This Singh was breathtakingly chardi kala!! I couldn't stop my tears as I left his place. I couldn't talk.

August 2004 arrived. It was exactly an year ago in these days. Gurujee helped me and I found transport. May Waheguru bless the Singh who took pains to arrange for my transport. I was with 2 Sikhs who drove me from Oklahoma to California. We stopped for a night at a gas station in Phoenix, Arizona. I felt very sad, as I wanted to reach El Sobrante by Thursday and spend some time with the sangat, but this was Wednesday night, and we were still in Arizona. But Gurujee's ways are amazing. I was going to give my head to Him, and He couldn't see me sad. At the gas station I saw an American Singh. He was Caucasian. He saw me and had a bright smile on his face. I went upto him, folded my hands and said Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh, and he responded with Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh. I told him I was going to take Amrit and that we had got delayed. He assured me that when one goes for a good purpose, God is always with you. These words came as words from Gurujee that He was with me!!

I reached Bakersfield and spent a few hours at night at the home of a Singh. He was very kind and dropped me off at the bus station late at night. I took the bus from Bakersfield to Oakland, where 2 amazing Singhs in Bana had come to pick me up. Now I really felt on top of the world. I was hanging out with real Singhs!! We reached El Sobrante Gurdwara, and wow what a Gurdwara it is. Its on a mountain and visible from miles away, so enchantingly beautiful. I met many Sikhs who I befriended on the internet, and Vaheguru I don't know what to say! So much love I got, that I could have exploded. I met the same Singh who gave me the kirpans and was among my panj pyaare. I met some other really amazing Singhs as well.

Finally the night came. The night of Saturday, August 21, 2004. Location: El Sobrante Gurdwara in California. Daas was blessed with Amrit. I felt that sense of belonging, that feeling of having a master. This was the day my search was over. My soul sang Anand bhaya meri maaye, SatGuru mai paayaa!!

To all those who are born in Sikh families and have not taken Amrit yet, take it from me, it tastes better than any other taste ever created. I was born in a Hindu family, raised in an Islamic country, and studied in the Bible belt region of the U.S. It was Gurujee Himself who held my hand and never let me go astray.

A lot happened after I took Amrit. Life is never a bed of roses. I am a kaljugi moorakh and can slip. But my master was always there to remind me that He is there for me even if I don't know about it. My sincere request to you is give yourself upto such a Guru. I don't know what is in store for me tomorrow. But I hope I die a Sikh. May Gurujee save me and all of us from all kurehits, and even more from bajjar kurehits.

Sometimes people, out of love, call their beloveds "meri jaan", meaning "my life". It is the highest honor you can give someone you love. You address them as your own life. But just imagine the love Guru Gobind Singh Jee has for His Khalsa, when He says "Khalsa meri jaan ki jaan". He loves us much much more than His life!! I shed tears of happiness whenever I hear or recite these words. No one can love anyone as much as Gurujee loves His Sikhs. So why run after this fake world and its glory and riches when we have the lord of the universe as our true lover, true father, true mother, true friend!!

Now hold it! Don't start praising me, because I know very well what I am. All that you have read was written some 4 years ago. Today I am a slacker and trying to get back and firm on the path of Sikhi. I am lazy and want to improve, so if at all you want to respond, don't respond on here, just do an Ardas for me, that I may grow/develop/progress in my Sikhi, and always stay firm and devoted to my Sikhi. That would be the best response, and the one that I am looking forward to.

Hello Metab Singh,

I'm so glad I found your post - I'm Naaz & I'm from EL Sobrante Gurudwara - I'm so happy I'm conversing with someone from our Gurudwara. I left there last year but have been going there only 3 yrs now. I was just up there end of June & was lucky enough 2 catch SantBaba Hari Singh - did U come 2 any of this katha's this June? When was the last time U were up there? The head priest was bhai Kuldeep Singh & he's so religious & very good but he moved to Sacramento Gurudwara & now Makhan Singh is the presiding priest.I always prayed 4 Makhan Bhaiyya 2 be the head priest there cause woh aetna bandagi karey ki I can't tell you. U will LOVE Makhan Bhaiyya - he is so deeply devoted to WaheGuru - he's so HOLY & his eyes are always closed cause he's so deep in meditation - even when he does kirtan. He was the asst priest & now he's the head priest. Avtaar bhaiyya is the head ragi there - Man can he sing - he makes me cry when he sings WaheGuru simran & Jaggu bhaiyya plays the tabla Soooooooo good. Everyone in that Gurudwara belong there & are so true. Metab Singh, El Sobrante is so beautiful, High up on the Hill & waha ke hawa kuch aur hai - definitley U can feel DIVINE Energy up there. I can sit there 4 hrs alone & sometimes I'd go there twice a day, morn & night - it's so peaceful & YES, the view is very relaxing. U will love the evening prayer - Makhan bhaiyya's dua is so touching cause he does it from the heart & all the sevadars get together every night for the Shakara. I've been 2 another Gurudwara where the priest didn't even come 4 closing prayer & they just considered it a job & only one sevadar would be there doing the shakara - so I missed El Sobrante even more & really appreciate it . It's such a Big & Neat Gurudwara - there's always Ragi's or priests visting there - very special Gurudwara. I've been 2 Fremont Gurudwara, Union City, Hayward, Stockton, Tracy but LOVE my Gurudwara the most. Oh I'm sure the ones in India are super but I'm happy with El Sobrante. I also Love Stockton Gurudwara cause it was the 1st Gurudwara in Cali so it means a lot 2 me. My cousin lives there so whenever we visit her, I pop in 2 Stockton Gurudwara.

Maybe we've seen each other - too bad I get 2 know U & I'm not there anymore. I know just about all the regulars there now by face - I haven't really caught their names but I know all the sevadars. Well, hopefully you're up there all the time & soaking up the Energy cause we know there's definitely DIVINE Energy up there. If I didn't have a house up there, I would live @ Gurudwara. Okay, hope 2 hear some good news from U & hopefully U can keep me updated on my Gurudwara.

qyrw kIqw jwqo nwhI mYno jogu kIqoeI ]

thaeraa keethaa jaatho naahee maino jog keethoee ||

I have not appreciated what You have done for me, Lord; only You can make me worthy.

mY inrguixAwry ko guxu nwhI Awpy qrsu pieEeI ]

mai niraguniaarae ko gun naahee aapae tharas paeiouee ||

I am unworthy - I have no worth or virtues at all. You have taken pity on me.

qrsu pieAw imhrwmiq hoeI siqguru sjxu imilAw ]

tharas paeiaa miharaamath hoee sathigur sajan miliaa ||

You took pity on me, and blessed me with Your Mercy, and I have met the True Guru, my Friend.

nwnk nwmu imlY qW jIvW qnu mnu QIvY hirAw ]1]

naanak naam milai thaa(n) jeevaa(n) than man thheevai hariaa ||1||

O Nanak, if I am blessed with the Naam, I live, and my body and mind blossom forth. ||1||

I don't know how much this story is going to inspire anyone. There is not much to say, nothing too great as compared to the stories above, so just gonna give it a try. I wish I could name the people who helped me a great deal in becoming what I am, but since they may not appreciate it, I am gonna refrain from naming them. But you know who you are, and I will always be the dust of your feet!!

I was born in a non-Sikh family, Punjabi Brahmin to be specific. Till I was nearly 19, I grew up in the United Arab Emirates, an Islamic country. My entire schooling, including my first year in college was done there. I saw the Hindi movie Maachis on T.V. This movie did the job of providing air to a hidden spark. The various scenes of Gurdwaras, the sound of Gurbani being sung gave me immense inner delight. Towards the end of 1997, when I was only 18 years and a few months, I sensed that some massive change was about to come in my life.

I did some research on Sikhism on the internet which I had started using only after I was 18 and half years old. To my utter shock, I found the answers to all my lifelong spiritual queries which were left unanswered by every other religion. I fell in love with Guru Nanak!! Soon after I started doing path of Sri Sukhmani Sahib and fell in love with this Bani as well.

I came to USA in August 1998, in the white majority and known to be racist part of the US. Thanks to the internet, I drowned myself into knowledge about Sikhi, Sikh history and everything else related to Sikhi. I would listen to Gurbani and kathas on the internet

In the summer of 2003 I joined Sikhsangat.com. Now my Sikhi went on a rampage. I fell deeper and deeper into it. I met new Singhs on the net, talked to some over the telephone. I was sent "In Search of the True Guru", the autobiography of Bhai Rama Singh ji by a Singh from this forum (yeah man you know who you are lol). I never liked AKJ style keertan, but after I saw the live telecast of the November 2003 L.A. Samagam, I got addicted to it. In December 2003 I read Bhai Rama Singh ji's autobiography, and only after reading half of the book i decided to quit shaving and cutting my hair. Another veerjee from India who posts here sometimes urged me a lot to maintain strict Amritvela, and that was the reason I was able to stay strong. As my beard and hair grew, I cut myself off from everyone totally. People would ask my sister, who stayed with me, as to what was going wrong with me. I received absolutely no motivation from my family, or even the few Sikh acquaintances that I knew in my university. As surprising as you may find, the ones to congratulate me on my transformation were the Hindus and Muslims I knew.

June 2004 was the twentieth anniversary of Operation Bluestar, the attack on Darbar Sahib. One Singh from California was kind enough to take me with him to Chicago where a Shaheedi Samagam was held. Here, for the first time in my life, I saw and met so many Amritdharis. I stayed with them for almost a week, and never for a moment did I feel that they were people other than my family. This was when I got my name changed as well. We visited a Singh, who was one of my panj pyaare in the very near future. He gifted me with 2 kirpans, 1 small and 1 huge. I put it on here itself. This Singh was breathtakingly chardi kala!! I couldn't stop my tears as I left his place. I couldn't talk.

August 2004 arrived. It was exactly an year ago in these days. Gurujee helped me and I found transport. May Waheguru bless the Singh who took pains to arrange for my transport. I was with 2 Sikhs who drove me from Oklahoma to California. We stopped for a night at a gas station in Phoenix, Arizona. I felt very sad, as I wanted to reach El Sobrante by Thursday and spend some time with the sangat, but this was Wednesday night, and we were still in Arizona. But Gurujee's ways are amazing. I was going to give my head to Him, and He couldn't see me sad. At the gas station I saw an American Singh. He was Caucasian. He saw me and had a bright smile on his face. I went upto him, folded my hands and said Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh, and he responded with Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh. I told him I was going to take Amrit and that we had got delayed. He assured me that when one goes for a good purpose, God is always with you. These words came as words from Gurujee that He was with me!!

I reached Bakersfield and spent a few hours at night at the home of a Singh. He was very kind and dropped me off at the bus station late at night. I took the bus from Bakersfield to Oakland, where 2 amazing Singhs in Bana had come to pick me up. Now I really felt on top of the world. I was hanging out with real Singhs!! We reached El Sobrante Gurdwara, and wow what a Gurdwara it is. Its on a mountain and visible from miles away, so enchantingly beautiful. I met many Sikhs who I befriended on the internet, and Vaheguru I don't know what to say! So much love I got, that I could have exploded. I met the same Singh who gave me the kirpans and was among my panj pyaare. I met some other really amazing Singhs as well.

Finally the night came. The night of Saturday, August 21, 2004. Location: El Sobrante Gurdwara in California. Daas was blessed with Amrit. I felt that sense of belonging, that feeling of having a master. This was the day my search was over. My soul sang Anand bhaya meri maaye, SatGuru mai paayaa!!

To all those who are born in Sikh families and have not taken Amrit yet, take it from me, it tastes better than any other taste ever created. I was born in a Hindu family, raised in an Islamic country, and studied in the Bible belt region of the U.S. It was Gurujee Himself who held my hand and never let me go astray.

A lot happened after I took Amrit. Life is never a bed of roses. I am a kaljugi moorakh and can slip. But my master was always there to remind me that He is there for me even if I don't know about it. My sincere request to you is give yourself upto such a Guru. I don't know what is in store for me tomorrow. But I hope I die a Sikh. May Gurujee save me and all of us from all kurehits, and even more from bajjar kurehits.

Sometimes people, out of love, call their beloveds "meri jaan", meaning "my life". It is the highest honor you can give someone you love. You address them as your own life. But just imagine the love Guru Gobind Singh Jee has for His Khalsa, when He says "Khalsa meri jaan ki jaan". He loves us much much more than His life!! I shed tears of happiness whenever I hear or recite these words. No one can love anyone as much as Gurujee loves His Sikhs. So why run after this fake world and its glory and riches when we have the lord of the universe as our true lover, true father, true mother, true friend!!

Now hold it! Don't start praising me, because I know very well what I am. All that you have read was written some 4 years ago. Today I am a slacker and trying to get back and firm on the path of Sikhi. I am lazy and want to improve, so if at all you want to respond, don't respond on here, just do an Ardas for me, that I may grow/develop/progress in my Sikhi, and always stay firm and devoted to my Sikhi. That would be the best response, and the one that I am looking forward to.

Wow that brought plenty tears to my eyes and even my heart swelled up in tears . so very beautiful.

Ardas shall surely be done big time for you! Do allow ppl to respond on here because Gurujee can inspire and put words in ppl's mouths to trigger and catapult you into very very chardikela. We all tend to slack n get lazy but stay in the company of Gursikhs,attend lots satsangs and programmes ,and read as much as you can related to Sikhi n just keep talking to many blessed Sikhs ,as well keep doing ardas ,simran ,and gurbani and you be fine. iron sharpens iron . Focus on being Gurujee's ambassador.

Gurujee brings us closer to Himself, not for us then to get riddled in constant inner battles and etc ,but in order to use us for His Glory , to be His angels and soldiers on the face of this earth. I have lived in the 1st part of my life in a deeply muslim country , now i live in a predominantly white

country . But wherever Gurujee has put me , I know he wants to keep using me to a blessing to anyone and everyone, no matter wots their religion ,or race or religion or colour.

Just last night(7th august 2009), a 21 year white guy called Matt ,who sometimes works for me in my business ,dropped in to see me for a chat. He has just graduated from Aberystwyth University in North Wales(UK), with a 1st class honours in Film Making. Over tea, i talked to him for 3 hours ,sparing him my time.He is feeling a little lost now that his degree is over . Lovingly, I advised him to cut out drinking and taking spliff, and we went through the various things he could do . This morning at 5.37 a.m i received a text msg from him .It reads '' I want to thank you for your advice,i woke up inspired.'' I just could thank Gurujee for having used me . Now that he trusts and likes me, im getting into a position where i can give him a simran cd, tell him slowly slowly about Sikhism ,take him to a gurudwara etc etc . See veerjee, if we keep doing this n busy our life by serving Gurujee like this we will never have time to be lazy or slack.

In the town i life, lives a Sikh who is 70 odd years old . I take some of my inspiration from him. He even received an MBA from the queen of england. This guy in a humble way has a beautiful room in the highest part of his house where he does parkash of SGGS everyday, does all his prayers, and sometimes he organises me to do keertan in his house where he invites a load of people to have a satsang esp on Gurpurabhs. When he was young he had married a german white lady ,subsequently renamed amrit kaur, who for the last 10 years has been crippled with a very bad nerve disease. As a true Sikh ,

he looks after her , and in a humble way stays in contact with a huge number of Sikhs in this town always looking after them ,giving his ears to their problems and giving them suggestions to do prayers etc ,helping them out with sehaj paath ,etc . Everytime someone is in problem ,he gives his support. The local sikh tv channelin UK is in financial truble and i called him up about 5 days ago and lo n behold he had already been on the case b4 i culd call him!!! organising direct debits frm ppl etc etc . He doesnt only help Sikhs ,he is in just about every local community project ,minorities projects , the Commission for Racial Equality etc etc etc . Now such a man with his fingers in s many pies doesnt slack n get lazy because he is a pillar of society, a local institution , a legend.

Mehtab Singh we all love you so much !!!!!!!!

Naaz ji and humkire ji

Your blessings, prayers and affection are most needed :)

Naaz ji, I have been to El Sobrante just once in August 2004. I have never lived in California except with friends for some days.

humkire ji, I am afraid I am not a true sevadar like the Gurmukh's example you have given.

May Gurujee keep everyone in Chardi Kala! :)

Naaz ji and humkire ji

humkire ji, I am afraid I am not a true sevadar like the Gurmukh's example you have given.

May Gurujee keep everyone in Chardi Kala! :

Hehe the more u think u not ,the more u are .

We are one big family,hand in hand, all moving together pulling each other to the front.

Sometimes in my journey i have been reduced to tears ,and a sense of hopelessness , all weak ,vulnerable ,and tender, and like crushed dirty rubble ,but you know , Gurmukha ki sangat n satsang is gr8 .it lifts you up, n gets u back on track. Life can turn out to be a roller coaster ride but Gurujee is great .

My constant prayer are 2 lines from SGGS ,i.e '' bhoj baal ,brahm beer sukh sagar, grth prth geh leo anguria''i.e O Lord Of Mighty Arms, Warrior of the Cosmos, Oceon of Peace, i am falling/drowning into a pit, please grasp my fingers and pull me out''.

I remember ,i used to do a weekly satsang for youths but a chardikela middle aged lady used to attend every week . Then suddenly she dissapeared for a few weeks . So , i was worried n went to her house and found out she was very ill . I told her '' matajee ,please take a taxi but do come to the naujawan satsang, I will do an ardas for your health at the end of the satsang and the keertan and naam will help you''. She agreed and came . During the satsang i was doing keertan on stage but could see her face beginning to change from despair to blossom with gr8 joy. When satsang was over she came to me and thanked me for pushing her to come because now she felt much more healthier n happier . i told her '' matajee, gurbani says..... mera bedh gur govinda'' . From that day she started attending again.

Coming on this site by itself and reading everyone's inspiring posts from around the world is like being in one huge ever alive international global satsang and gurudwara!! Its so inspiring . Its a great privilege to be able to talk to so many brothers n sisters here irrespective of age and status ,and even have a few jokes too and learn from one another.Sometimes after reading n posting here , its time for my amritvela or nitnem etc and i feelso charged up because of what i had been reading .And things we read here we dont just keep privately to ourselves ,i share em wiv sikhs n non sikhs alike.

May Gurujee bless us all with chardikela vitality and optimism

• 2 years later...

The fact that the bullsh*t of this khel is overcome by the one simple fact and gyan that actually Nothing exists is so indescribably Beautiful. We are all One in the nothingness and Nothing is the only treasure when the deluded folks think only Something can be a treasure- this is the only Truth in the entire universe. So simple, yet most Powerful and all pervading- pain and pleasure are just broken pieces of Truth/Balance- they hold no value alone, attached to pain or pleasure is just ignoring God in the other- Amazing.

My Prayer to the Only One who is everyone and everything that Is, was and will ever be:

Please let me never let this Truth go, whether I am slandered to the ground, praised by the majority of the universe, crowned as a ruler or tortured and killed by you yourself in the disguise of another my most Beautiful All Loving Lord- please free this soul from the illusion of pleasure and pain, of darkness and light, of heaven and hell, of the falseness that is every single Image and associated with the 6 senses- and let us(You and I together God) embrace All as One and One as All- let us bow in our heart to every darshan you give us, whether its a murderer, our slanderer or a Saint- For all is you, for you are Truth and Truth is All.