**EVERYONE POST**

Wahguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

My parents brought us up in sikhism from when we were pretty young.

Involving us in gurmat camps in stuff.

Then we went to see Siri Singh sahib (yogi ji) in America after writing to him about some questions concerning sikhi. N in his reply he tellin us to join him there. The one week camp was jus amazing. We were even invited to a wedding there. It was so simple but yet really beautiful. N it wasn't really over the top they just wore pretty simple white clothes. It was breathe takin. The lahma were read in three different languages so everyone could understand. Gurmukhi, punjabi, n spanish. The younger children also all had dastaars n looked really cute. This was girls n boys.

Whilst we were there we heard about a khalsa school in India which was run by the American sikhs. Called Miri Piri academy in Amritsar.

My parents decided it would be a good idea for us to study there for a year which we did. rolleyes.gif

N after seein the love n sharda these people had for sikhism n the Guru i was jus blown away. <_<

We would go to Harmandir Sahib at 3 o'clock in the morning to do the sewa of the parkarma. N they jus loved it. They did really good kirtan n were learning to speak gurbani.

N comparin myself with them at that time it jus put me to shame. To think the respect n love they had. So i decided that it was time to sort myself out. These people were jus amazing n such a huge, huge inspiration to me. pray.gif :TH:

Waheguru, waheguru, waheguru.

God Bless them. And thank you! pray.gif

post-2983-1113057280.jpg

post-2983-1113058716.jpg

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

i jus got in to sikhi beacuse of the kirpan at the age of 6, asked dad if i can take amrit he sed no, so i waited 3 yrs and took amrit then i wore a kirpan :>::>:>:>:> no1 told me bout the paath side of amrit lols, so i kinda got tricked (well daint i shoud have researched a bit more), but i managed to get through it nd stand till this day.

soo it was all about the KIRPANNNN

nuff luv

LOL @ Kumi

anyways i got into sikhi because all my family used to be so close to different jatha's especially my grandma who knew the Damdami Taksal Jatha. But as i got older i went off sikhi and went into music, movies... But then i met Bhai Rama Singh at the gurdwara in the mornin i was really inspired by them and i would go to the gurdwara every day at amrit vela first listen to gurbani, keertan and do simran, then i would go and do seva such as clean the windows, door, table and serve cha(tea). THEn again the 5 theives got me after Bhai Sahib passed away and went into all the stupid. After that i have been inspired by Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and sangat from this forum and with Guru Ji's Kirpa(as always) am starting to do sirman and read Waheguroo di bani! and soon will be starting to get gurbani santhia :) .

So hoepfully with Guru Ji's Kirpa i wont fall into doin stupid stuff again and start becomin a Gursikh

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh!

my mom started me on the path of sikhi by being a good role model and then i came to cali and met gzillions of gursikhs and becmae inspired bt them...i began wearing a dastaar bcz of my friends amandeep and pavandeep kaur (twins) and then in december i took amrit after years of anxious waiting...but the most important inspiration was Guru Ji and Shaheed Singhs and Singhnis

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh!

WOW..

I have great respect for all of you, really made my day by reading such inspiring real deals :) .. Whether you are discovering sikhi cauz of your bf or by the mehar of kirpan shaastar or by parents.... JUST KEEP PUSHING it to high level till you get what you want !!!

Keep it up guys!!!