Website

Bhullar

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Great Ideas. My view is that if you want to publicise the news content then it will have to be expanded. I assume we are looking to not just feature news stories but all make comment on those that are misleading or just downright anti-Sikh propaganda. For that we would need a lot of sewadars who are willing to give up their time in order to trawl the 'net and find these newsreports, make sensible and reasoned comments on the ones that are misleading and then email that comments to the site that hosted the report. The reason I wrote that the comments have to be sensible and reasoned comments is that some of the responses I have seen from Sikhs on newspaper sites are not always sensible. Some can get carried away. What editors of these news sites are looking for is sensible comments and these will get action on unbiased sites but even on propagand sites such as indian news sites it at least gives the Sikh point of view. Most news editors as well as journalists are always on the look out for urls related to their stories. With the Turban issue in France, the 9/11 cases of mistaken identity and the 20th anniversary of 1984 there have been an increase in the number of news stories about Sikhs. These sewadars could email the journalists who have written Sikh related stories in the past as well as newspapers in areas where there are big Sikh communities. These emails could contain basic details about Sikhism which journalists could use in their newsreports as well as urls of Sikh sites including Sikhsangat

Publicising this site

Again you will need sewadars. We need to concentrate on the typ

es of people we need to come on to sikhsangat and it's associated network. How about a few sewadars concentrating on the Sikh students?. Every year we have thousands of Sikh students starting university. We could get the various Sikh societies at these universities to host the sikhsangat banner on their sites.

GurFateh

Bikramjit Singh