Website Hacked

Banda Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear Sadh Sangat Jee,

Our website has been hacked, not sure what I can do other than to re-upload the files or should we move to a new host.

I have a feeling the actual host/server provider has been hacked and hence all websites on that server hacked as well. Hosting was provided by sewa of Taranjit Singh(used to be on DotVisions), Vicky Singh also used hosting from him in the early days of Sikh Sangat, but I have not had contact with Taranjit Singh for quite some time.

Has anyone here also had their website hacked? What steps can you take to stop this happening in the future?

Why do you suspect it was the whole server which got compromised and not just you?

Do you have access logs available to you?

What has the current host said (have you tried to contact them)?

If your current host is unresponsive you need to move to a new host, after doing a full security review of your own files.

Why do you suspect it was the whole server which got compromised and not just you?

Do you have access logs available to you?

What has the current host said (have you tried to contact them)?

If your current host is unresponsive you need to move to a new host, after doing a full security review of your own files.

Khalsa Jee,

I believe the whole server was compromised because the Server Admin panel(CPanel) has also been defaced on the host company website.

The hosting was provided by Taranjit Singh Gujral(247webhosting.biz), but I have not been able to get in contact with him for some time.

I guess I better move to a new host, do you have any recommendations.

Immeadeatly remove all of your files from the server, get and make all backups you can and find a new host.

There are several reputable hosts I can recomend based on your needs.

What kind of site is it, what kind of scripts to you run (if any), how much traffic do you get and anticipate and what is your budget?

• 4 weeks later...

Immeadeatly remove all of your files from the server, get and make all backups you can and find a new host.

There are several reputable hosts I can recomend based on your needs.

What kind of site is it, what kind of scripts to you run (if any), how much traffic do you get and anticipate and what is your budget?

Khalsa Jee,

Thanks for your help, we managed to get the site back up and running a few days after the hack.

Information on hosts will be welcome, currently we run php with mysql db, we might redevelop the site to use jsp and/or java servlets with mysql. Do you have any recommendations for hosts?

• 5 weeks later...