Maharaj Di Kirpa‏

written by a Sikh youth from British Columbia, Canada.

vaheguru, vaheguru, vaheguru....

---------

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A few days ago I was at a Shopping Mall with a friend. As I was about to walk out one of the main doors I saw a sardar walking into a barber shop. As I saw him pull his dastaar down from his head a lump grew in my throat.

Without any thought I instinctively began to recite Sri Chaupai Sahib semi aloud. First I saw the workers turn towards me and slowly the sardar took notice as he was untying his ramaal. He could not look towards me as I recited Guru Maharaj's Pavittar Bani. I stood watching him as he opened his hair and told the barber to take it all off....his dignity. While the barber went to grab an electric shaver and a fresh gown, the sardar glanced at me and then with shame his head fell to the ground. His eyes were met with the site of the previous customer's kes remaining on the ground by the chair beside him.

With the true power of the Gurbani that was being recited he quickly grabbed his dastaar and ramaal and left the barber shop. This may have been simply a delay in him cutting his kes but I refuse to believe that Guru Maharaj will let him do so without hearing that Bani in his ears.

My most humble benti to all Gursikhs is that if you ever pass a barber shop, please stop and recite Sri Chaupai Sahib or Panj Mool Mantars at the least. Maharaj will do kirpa.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa.

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!