Girls 'Do' Go For Turbaned Males But Only Those Without Beards

Kalsingh

Also veerji remember that we should only be looking for one life partner. This is how I stop myself from thinking about looking more attractive. Just like you veerji I am also not an Amritdhari yet but I am trying to become Keshdhari first. And the way I stop myself from cutting my kes is thinking that what is the point of making yourself attractive to other people when the only person you should impress is Guru Ji. And if you have immense love for Guru Ji he will present to you a good wife who doesn't care about your appearance but your characteristics. Now I dont know why you havent taken amrit but seeing how you want to keep your kes shows that you have some love for Guru Ji. Oh and one more thing, this is what I think about when I am carried away by appearance sometimes.

"Jao tao parem khelan ka chao, Sir dhar tali gali meri aaou, it marag pair dharijai, Sir dijai kan na kijai."

(If you desire to play this game of love with me, then step onto my path with your head in your hand, when you place your feet on this path, give me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion.) ----- Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 1412

Hope this helped

Firstly I'd like to say Pjs veer ji had an awesome and true reply. Read it and follow what he has said.

What you say is true, the world is very superficial, but why should it matter to you? You should be happy that someone so superficial won't go for you. Alright, here's a twist of things and i'll tell you a story/show/movie I've heard of (i think it's from the twilight-zone). The story is of an alternate universe where everything is indeed backwards, white people were mainly slaves and all of the average beautiful standard that we live in is considered the exact opposite and vice versa.

These are all games of the mind, when you understand none of this matters. In the end your spirituality and chardi kaalaa (positive energy) is what brings you to God and real happiness soon follows.

A little bit about myself, I decided to keep kesh around a half of a year ago. In the past a few girls have liked me, but i never really cared nor did i feel the need to go out with anyone. When I told one of my friends that I was going to be keeping hair she replied, " are you going to be keeping a beard too?" I replied, " Yes, of course, why wouldn't I?" i kind of anticipated her reply at this point but she said "Oh, I don't really find beards to be attractive". Now you'd think I'd get depressed bla bla bla this and that because girls think like this, no it's not the case if you don't feel the need to seek out a girl or feel bad if someone thinks another way.

My advice to you is to use your energy and focus it on fitness. Singhs are lions and should be as fit as one, go running, biking, and/or weightlift at the gym. When I feel bored or when my mind starts to feel weary i just go biking or go to the gym. Another thing is keep on studying or make a career or professional goal in life and work towards it. May it be fitness or a job/university.

edit- As hkaurP stated you have to be beautiful inside and your beauty automatically starts showing outward. I also haven't taken amrit yet, but I hope to do so soon.

edit- Find something that you truly enjoy, something you enjoy to the fullest extent with no regret or guilt. Once you do this your attitude about life will start changing automatically. Each person has his or her own preferred activities, find your own!

geez y make judgement saying "u can chose to look good or love for ur guru?" having kes and beard makes u look bad???? who said dat?

Be a man, dont follow the world, let the world follow u.

hmm let me tell u a story, a real story !

There was dis guy, who had kes and beard and this white lady fell in love with him and she used to come and meet him everyday, one day she came and saw him and walked away and guy asked her? why did u walk away? i changed myself for u (he cut his kes and beard), she replied "when i first saw u, i used to see Jesus in u", but now u look just like everyone else.

Many ppl i know, get offended, when someone calls them "SARDAR", they tend to annoy and angry, but may i ask y? what is wrong with being a Sardar? in olden days Sardar term was only used for leaders and stuff and only king used to wear crown and our Guru ji have given that royality to us.

if u dont take pride in being a sikh, then u need to think and make a choice

Sorry if i have offended u bro!, but just take pride in what u are and if u do take pride in being a singh, then dont let anyone command u !

i totally agree with pjs veerji's reply and LSB's reply as well

look for the inner you why do you keep your kes?? do u keep it for your guru or do you keep it just to look good for the ladies...

just because you keep your kes doenst mean ur any different from the world, one thing for sure has there been any bhagat or religious leader who did not keep his hair?? i believe to know that all have kept there hair and just because today you dont see many people doing that doesnt mean its wrong to keep kes ...as some hae said before if anyone (a girl, a friend, etc.) if anyone has a problem with you being who YOU are than that person isnt worth associating with, like personally i have been made fun of for not having many friends like other non-amritdhari sikhs just because of my dastaar, but to tell you the truth those few friends thati do have, are the most understanding people in my life, if they go to parties or stuff, they already know i will not go without me even having to tell them, but they still invite me anyways just to not be left out of the situation. point is if the girls ur being introduced to arent giving you a chance just because of your kes, its not the end of the world one day there willbe someone, and dont underestimate yourself because that will only make situations worse for you.

sorry if anything i said was wrong, but only thats just what i think

as lsb said take pride in who you are dont become like others :)

PJS,

I dont keep it because its a sex characteristic. I was illustrating the point that it is natural and part of nature and how nature (women preferring the beard) is not working in this dark age. I keep it because our Guru told us too. How can u say i dont love the guru. I may not love him alot, but at least I have respect for the teachings.

AvnitK

Obviously i am not keeping it for the ladies, as that is the very thing i feel pushes them away.

Mskcan

Even though this may be a negative belief, it is based on fact. Its not a matter of going to see women, I have a cup of coffee then it dont work out and i blame the beard. Its the fact that they dont even give you a chance even when they have not seen or talked to you (introduction example over the phone). Its increasingly the case.

I do lack true love for the Guru, but that is not the point here, I was simply stating that many many women dont like the beard and its a fact.

I am too low, undedicated and lazy to take amrit. I dont even know punjabi. I cant even hold a conversation in punjabi. I know, i wear a turban and sport a beard and cant speak punjabi, that sounds funny.

Kalsingh read my post on the previous page. Try surrounding yourself with people who only speak punjabi, it will help you learn bit by bit. You may feel embarrassed at times or even unsure, but once you learn you'll be proud of yourself.

Also, there are a lot of books you can find regarding learning punjabi from punjabi schools at your Gurdwara.

Also watch these three videos, it will help inspire you and hopefully shed some light on who you are and why you are. These feelings are natural, but what makes you a Singh, Sikh, and a Khalsa is that you fight these evils inside you. Guru Gobind Singh Ji said the Khalsa is thee who fights the five evils inside of you.

http://www.youtube.c...?v=e20MgtPM4r8&

Kalsingh read my post on the previous page. Try surrounding yourself with people who only speak punjabi, it will help you learn bit by bit. You may feel embarrassed at times or even unsure, but once you learn you'll be proud of yourself.

Also, there are a lot of books you can find regarding learning punjabi from punjabi schools at your Gurdwara.

Also watch these three videos, it will help inspire you and hopefully shed some light on who you are and why you are. These feelings are natural, but what makes you a Singh, Sikh, and a Khalsa is that you fight these evils inside you. Guru Gobind Singh Ji said the Khalsa is thee who fights the five evils inside of you.

http://www.youtube.c...?v=e20MgtPM4r8&

I appreciate your help and advice brother. Thanks man.