June-Hyde Park Demo And Trafalgar Square Rally

punjab5

I've been informed that its on Sunday 13th June this year

'Jagtar Singh Khalsa' on here should be able confirm whether thats correct

Do we know, who will be organising, i.e. Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO, do they still exist), or Sikh Federation?

if you need to know urgently then PM 'Jagtar Singh Khalsa'.

I was only informed about the dates when i went to Gurooghar by an Uncle on the committe who is apart of Sikh Federation (UK)

No ones sure there all fighting each other - normally the date is announced 2 mnths before but - from info i have there will be various small different rallies due to the infighting thats why theres a ridiculous date 14th June its normally the Sunday after june 4th, looks like last years rally was the final BIG rally

Does anyone know what the dates are for annual June 84- demo in Hyde Park and the rally at Trafalgar square that follows it, for this YEAR.

The Remembrance March and Freedom Rally will be on Sunday 13 June 2010 in central London

Originally the idea was to organise it on Sunday 6 June, however Trafalgar Square was not available due to a de-rig of an event on Saturday 5 June that meant Trafalgar Square would not be available the following day.

So far the meetings with the Royal Parks Agency re: Hyde Park as a starting point for the Remembrance March, Metropolitan Police regarding the route, the Greater London Authority (GLA) on use of Trafalgar Square and Westminster Council on the need for Temporary Traffic Orders have all been handled by the Sikh Federation (UK).

Every year the Sikh Federation (UK) has struggled to get all the other 5 'groups' making up the Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) on board - the main objection has usually been to Trafalgar Square and the lead role for the youth (and funding the event).

In the last 3/4 months on many issues the Sikh Federation (UK) has been on one side and all the other groups on the other. All will be revealed in the next week or two regarding the extent to which those making up the FSO will support the Remembrance March and Freedom Rally on Sunday 13 June in London.

There should be no doubt the Sikh Federation (UK), supported by Gurdwaras, other Sikh organisations and the Sikh youth will ensure this event continues and is a success. The Sangat will judge the credentials of any Sikh organisations that choose to stay away or try and hold small alternative events.

No ones sure there all fighting each other - normally the date is announced 2 mnths before but - from info i have there will be various small different rallies due to the infighting thats why theres a ridiculous date 14th June its normally the Sunday after june 4th, looks like last years rally was the final BIG rally

Perhaps Southall Youth can shed light on the 'small different rallies'.

Where will they take place?

When will they take place?

Who is planning them?

Are any of them FSO members?

Posters/postcards for Sunday 13 June - Remembrance March and Freedom Rally in central London will be finalised on Monday and sent to printers - it would be helpful to know the above.

Perhaps Southall Youth can shed light on the 'small different rallies'.

Where will they take place?

When will they take place?

Who is planning them?

Are any of them FSO members?

Posters/postcards for Sunday 13 June - Remembrance March and Freedom Rally in central London will be finalised on Monday and sent to printers - it would be helpful to know the above.

I'm for a united rally but from the info I have each and every group want their own rally,this is wrong we should have one rally united,we need to forget anti pro dasam Granth stances or other unsolved panthic issues as these are ruining the event

normally the rally is the first sunday after june 4th?, i think we should stick to that every year.

so veerji says that due to some reason it is not possible this year due to an event on the 5th? are you 100% sure its not possible? can anything be done to make it possible?

However I trust that you will have done what you can regarding this and if you've went ahead and printed posters well i guess its too late too change this date. whether or not that was the right thing to do....

so if its not in our hands, then let the rally be on the 13th june, that is the sensible decision. How about on the 6th june the gurdwaras across the UK can do their own thing, but the 13th June EVERYONE could go to london. like i mean lets get all the sangat involved and get every Gurdwara to represent themselves at this event.

maybe it is wise for all the organisations and jathaibandis to over look their differences and come together in the name of the Shaheeds of the Panth, and in the name of Guru Gobind Singh jis Khalsa Panth and represent a step towards ekta.

By coming together for this event, i dont mean you have to give in on your views, by all means you have a right to your views, but for this one time tell all the sangat that are with you to attend this event.

if all these groups and their 'leaders' can come together for once, then the Panth can have hope, end of the day you do represent sikhs in one way or another no matter how small, how big, how powerful (or how useless in some cases - no offence)

But we can use this event to make a big impact on the future, if we turn up to the event as One Panth, the world will recognise us, it will help give us voice in the UK, it makes us powerful.

There is never an opportunity for the Panth to get together in this country, but this is the sort of event where you get attendance from sangat from all over the UK each year, but there is potential to make it even bigger and better.

This is a great opportunity if our leaders can just think about the Panth. It doesnt matter if one group has went ahead without your consent to organise this event, or if one group is going to take the credit. Maharaj knows all the seva everyone does, and im sure Maharaj will be very happy to see us get together......

The Future Generations really need us to take this step, lets think of them.

A benti to all those who attend. Put your differences aside, dont wind up other groups, and equally dont get wound up by others. Theres a lesson for us all to learn, we can all take something from this.

Parwinder Singh Ji you talk sense the oldies will always fight but we have to attend as Sikhs NOT TAKSALIS,AKJS,NANAKSARIS,DHADRIWALAS and others ,JUST SIKHS !!!! After we ALL attend this as SIKHS and as NOTHING else regardless of views on meat,dasam granth,raagmala,mool mantar,maryada issues and so on we can then go forward if this rally fails we will have no one to BLAME apart from each and everyone of ourselves which will give a victory to Hindustan India , under the banner of Sikhi in support of Justice and KHALISTAN all should attend