Urgent: Kirpans And Knuckles Dusters From Punjab

GuptSingh84

I am going to Punjab in a few weeks, and intend to bring a couple of Kirpans (14 inch and maybe 2 foot) and 2-3 knuckles dusters...

The opinion of people is REALLY mixed. While most say its possible IN CHECKED IN Luggage (not handbag other) others say its not allowed.

Most people say they covered it in Kapreh (clothes) and bhought it. Last year someone bhought in Gandaseh (axes) in clothes from Amritsar...

Does anyone know clearly on this? And what is procedure if I can bring them...

I came from Amritsar last summer with one 7 inch and one 3 foot taksali kirpan along with a pellet gun. Believe me nothing will happen as long as its in your luggage.

The security at Amritsar asked me to show them the gun after it came on their x-ray thing. I took it out of the luggage and showed them. The guard saw it was only a pellet gun and said its ok.

And this past Christmas holiday i brought a Sant Ji type teer in my luggage and nothing happened again (and this time i came from Delhi).

So bottom line is if you bring a Kirpan, etc. absolutely nothing will be said. If you bring a pellet gun they will ask to see it. And your probably not bringing a pellet gun anyway lol.

People just tend to get scared by things friends of friends tell them and spread rumors about how they know someone who knows someone that was stopped by security. Ive checked in luggage with all types of Kirpans in Toronto, Amritsar, Delhi, etc and no one gave me a second look. I know a Singh from Australia who brought a suitcase of hardly anything BUT Kirpans.

Usually if you have something too big for a suitcase like a Khoondi you can just check it in separately.