.. Concept Of Kaal Purakh In Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji ..

[/font][/color]

The vulgar language used by Kaljug Singh has seriously dissapointed me and left in great shock. I can't believe someone on a Sikh site would talk so nasty and disrespectfully.

Oh please, your attempts to elicit sympathy are pathetic.

I never questioned Dasam Granth, I never once wrote it isn't Bani, but I don't put Dasam Granth at the level of Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj, because Gurta Gaddi was given to Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji, and Guru Sahib ji Himself compiled it. Dasam Granth came into existence years later Guru Gobind Singh left for SachKhand. As for if I believe in all of it as Bani, there are some parts of Dasam Granth that are translations of other Granths, such as the tales told in Chatritropakhayan, we can't regard them as "Dhur Ki Bani", or the latter part of Chandi di Vaar after Paurree, these are well known facts.

You say you never question Dasam Granth then you say the following:

1) Dasam Granth came into existence after Guru Gobind Singh ji left for sachkhand, i.e. you don't even believe it was written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji

2) You say Dasam Granth is translation and is therefore not bani in your estimation. This, by the way, is nonsense and a tactic used by kala afghana goons to question the authenticity of Sri Dasam Granth. There are no straightforward translations in Sri Dasam Granth, it is ALL written in line with Gurmat

3) You attempt to divide Sri Dasam Granth into two parts, Charitropakhyan and the rest, when it is one Granth

and:

What I was stating was that the term "Kaal Purakh" used originally by Prabhjot Singh has never been used anywhere in history or authentic sources. The term "Akaal Purakh" has always been applied to refer to Vaheguru ji. Vaheguru is Akaal Moorat.

You also earlier claimed that Kaal Purakh was not used in bani. Kaal Purakh is used throughout Sri Dasam Granth, so clearly you do not believe that Sri Dasam Granth is gurbani.

He called Vaheguru "Akaal Purakh" Himself, but nowhere did He refer to Him as "Kaal Purakh". This was my original question. Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj even called Vaheguru "Sarbloh"(all iron). Pure Iron is the strongest metal out of all metals. This metaphoric term has been used to describe that Vaheguru is the strongest of all.

You obviously haven't even read Sri Dasam Granth if you believe that Kaal Purakh is not used by Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji, or you believe that Sri Dasam Granth is not written by Guru Gobind Singh ji.

In either case, I am done with you, and I hope that the mods here ban you before you engage in any more tricks to cast doubt on the authenticity of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib.

K.

Re-read what I wrote. And why is that we boast so much on Dasam Granth, but never once talk about respect of Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji, oh wait, is that "kala afghana to do so"? Do you know Bhai Mani Singh ji and other Gursikhs were the ones who collected writings of Dasam Patshah and compiled it into one Granth? Back then, it was known as "Dasam Patshahi Ju ka Granth".

No one is showing disrespect to Guru Granth sahib. Do not make your own stories. Guru Granth sahib is our Guru. That does not make Dasam Granth sahib next to nothing.

This is usual trick you people use. Those who respect Dasam Granth sahib were the ones who scarificed for respect of SGGS ji. Stop this nonsense creating difference between two

Granths as they are brothers.

Brush up your knowledge before you write here. There were two beers of Dasam Granth sahib during Guru sahib's time itself called anandpuri beer and patna beer.

Why would Guru Sahib say one thing, then totally say another thing? Whether its Dasam Granth or Guru Granth Sahib ji, the message has to be one.

Give us reference here to prove your point.

It seems you are unaware of contents of Dasam granth and only beating about bush here. If you disresepct bani of dasam pita you will not get respect here. Here people know about

Dasam Granth and your intentions to cause mischief will not succeed.

Rehitnama/TankhahNama Bhai Nand Lal(Early 18th Century)

150px-Bhainandlal.jpg magnify-clip.pngPotrait of Bhai Nand Lal Goya TankhahNama/RehitNama - Bhai Nand Lal (Early 17th Century): These were written by this famous Court poet of Guru Gobind Singh and he is well known to Sikhs. He mentoined the following parts of Guru Gobind Singh's compositions in his writings:

1. Jaap Sahib was present and was part of Daily Liturgy. It was read along side Japji Sahib, the first composition by Guru Nanak found at the beginning of the Guru Granth Sahib.
  2. Bhai Nand Lal also believed that one should "Not blindly share important things and not to trust "blindly" anyone, especially sly women". This was as a warning to naive Sikhs to be vigilant and to be aware of people who act deceptively to trap them and violate their trust and their rights. This issue was first addressed by Guru Ram Das and then Guru Gobind Singh explained this with help of stories. This fact is acceptable in almost all Rehitnamas and historical books. Some people consider this text to be degrading to women folks but this is due to a misunderstanding of the intention of these writing.

Proofs in Bhai Nand Lal Goya's Compositions about Guru Gobind Singh's Compositions

This Rehitnama is also available in the market in a book "Rehitnamey: Piara Singh Padam", published by Singh Brothers.

JPS wrote

What I was stating was that the term "Kaal Purakh" used originally by Prabhjot Singh has never been used anywhere in history or authentic sources. The term "Akaal Purakh" has always been applied to refer to Vaheguru ji. Vaheguru is Akaal Moorat.

Do not beat about bush here. Kaal purakh has been used in Dasam Granth sahib. Stop writing something that is not true.

[/font][/color]

If you study this Pankiti carefully, no where does it say Kal and Akal are the same. Kal means death. Let's look at it thoroughly:

ਔਰ ਸੁਕਾਲ, ਸਭੈ ਬਸ ਕਾਲ; ਕੇ ਏਕ ਹੀ, ਕਾਲ, ਅਕਾਲ, ਸਦਾ ਹੈ || ੮੪|| What Guroo Saaheb is really saying is that everyone in this world faces death, but only Vaheguroo is exempt from Kaal (death), because Vaaheguroo ji is "Akaal" (free from death). Akaal is referring to Vaheguroo ji here alone. There are many names for Vaheguroo used extensively in Gurbani, but that does not mean we need to try to split Vaheguroo, all these names refer to the one Akaal Purakh ie Vaheguroo. The beliefs some people harbor are no different than the hindu beliefs of devi-devtay, according to me. Let's ponder upon this following Gurbani Pankiti:

ji, why is it a bother to understand kaal and akaal to be one of the same??

the bisraams are like this >> ਏਕ ਹੀ, ਕਾਲ, ਅਕਾਲ, ਸਦਾ ਹੈ ||<<

this means that, God is kaal,and akaal. y? cuz he brings death and is timeless, so as to not enter the faas of death. hence the further conept of mahaaal.>mahakaal ki sharan je pare...<

the word sheshnaag comes from this concept as well. shesh comes from shesham, and naag. shesham means timeless, and naag represents the flow of time. this is a concept that the hindus have given their devi, as they consider sheshnaag, > god.

i duno how else to explain this.. but, kaal, akaal, n mahakaal, are all God. you cant say that kaal is not God, but mahakaal is god.

in sggs, another concept like this is ther. of bhau.

the gun of god is nirbhau, >bhau chooka nirbhau hoe bassai<. here, it indicates that when bhau is gone, you paal the gun of nirbhau, i.e. God.

but then, later on, guruji says, satgur te bhau oopajai, payyae mokh dwaar. ahat on God, bhau comes about. this confuses ppl as they think that how can fear of any sort be good. (hence ppl translating the word bhae as awareness instead fear.) iv dun pdf on this topic... can post it if u wana.. : /

my point is that jut as bhau, and nirbhau is of satguru, so is kaal and akaal. these are his gun.

paap n pun too. iv said this in above post too..

bhul chuk maaf brother.

JPS ji,

If we do not have that much knowledge about writings of our Gurus we should not make remarks about those.

Gurus writings are sacred and are above academic interpretation as human knowledge is limited.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਅਗਮ ਅਗਾਧਿ ਕਥਾ ॥

प्रभ की अगम अगाधि कथा ॥

Parabẖ kī agam agāḏẖ kathā.

God's sermon is profound and unfathomable.

>ਸੁਨੀਐ ਅਵਰ ਅਵਰ ਬਿਧਿ ਬੁਝੀਐ ਬਕਨ ਕਥਨ ਰਹਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

सुनीऐ अवर अवर बिधि बुझीऐ बकन कथन रहता ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Sunī▫ai avar avar biḏẖ bujẖī▫ai bakan kathan rahṯā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

He is heard to be one thing, but He is understood to be something else again; He is beyond description and explanation. ||1||Pause||

• The topic was unpinned