Recommended Films And Books

gadget

I have watched a great many movies over the last 10 years or so and as they say what you read or listen to influences your outlook on life

Just look at all of the singer lookalikes in Punjab LOL

So just to ask the sangat on here what is your most favourite or motivational movie choice I will start off this thread with mine

1st Choice - Che - A 2 part movie about che guevera although they portray che as being weak and sickly (propoganda) this movie shows what one determined individual can achieve with honesty integrity and respect a very very moving film about the cuban revolution with an almost true potrayal of Che guevera - WATCH THIS MOVIE AND TELL OTHER GURSIKHS

Wikipedia LInk

2nd Choice - Into the Wild - (directed by Sean Penn) Many immigrants from India will relate to this movie about the freedom you experience without attachments to money greed or lust

Che was not a weakling, he was a determined person committed fully to the ideology of his choice,

did not like to immerse himself into comforts of life, even when he got them, till the end of his life,

struggled for the spread of the communism . such committed persons are very rare , are real heroes

and we can learn from him what the commitment means (ON establishment of communist rule in Cuba

under the leadership of Castro, he was offered the rank of Minister in the Govt, but he chose to

venture into south american land and work for spread of communism there, he was caught by the CIA

and tortured to death .

The Last Samurai , The Godfather Trilogy, Scarface, Goodfellas

Books: the Tibetan book of living and dying

I vouch for The Last Samurai, it's great. Another you may want to watch is the seven samurai.

I might look into the Tibetan book of living and dying, looks interesting.

Men of Honour - starring Cuba Gooding Jr

Patch Adams - Robin Williams

What Dreams May Come - Robin Williams

The Celestine Prophecy

Rwanda

Forrest GUMP! - probably the best movie ever