Head Covering For Singhnis

G-Kaur

Fateh Jee

Just wondered whether there's any Amritdhari women who do not wear Keski, how do you cover your head? Isnt it difficult to cover it all the time with a chunni, and the patka with chunni over the top resembles the islamic scarf a little, so just wondering how you manage it?

Thanks

Gurfateh!

I have seen women in toronto tie this style of patka:Joora patka style

I think this style is better then just a rumaal, becuz rumaal slip off, this stays on longer if u tie a rumaal underneath then tie patka, and plus all ur hair gets covered properly,

but to tell u the truth dastar is the most comfortable, i use to do a joora but i have really heavy hair, so when i started tying a dastar it felt the most comfortable, ur choice to tie it on ur ears or over, u can do so many styles

you do not have to wear a chunni over ur dastar or patka, its ur choice basically

Fateh Jee

Thankyou Bhainjee :) that was really helpful, that style looks a lot better than the chunni and the rumaal. It's almost a Keski really I guess.

Thanks again :cool: