Why Do So Many Sikh Girls Run Off With Muslims

sherepunjab93 you make some really good points, alot of sikh fathers do not treat their daughters and sons equally and this damages daughters so much and is typically carried into adulthood.

Punjabi culture's spun out of control, why couldn't most sikhs just stay god fearing like they were in the old days instead of being sexist beer guzzling chauvinists who have no respect for our gurus and all that they did and still do for us.

The fact is, if sikh girls are brought up in a family with brothers and fathers they cannot respect as they themselves have no respect for anything or anyone, they're not going to want to marry a sikh guy with the same lack of values and crappy attitude which is probably all the choice they're gonna have unless they're lucky to find a genuinely good sikh.

Girls want a guy who no matter how tough he can act is caring on the inside and who will care about and love them, a guy that they can depend on. Someone made the point that muslim guys care about their religion alot and this shows girls that they actually have the ability to care and the stability and discipline of their religion can indicate dependability in their nature.

Alot of the time though, muslim guys will try hard to get a sikh girl because they're on a mission to convert, whether they are religious or not. Even if they themselves aren't very religious, there will almost always be someone whispering in their ear, brothers, uncles, telling them it's their duty, We've all head true stories about rewards and free food for muslim boys who convert sikh girls this is a fact and happens in and around mosques and areas all over britain.

Guys will hide this agenda completely from sikh girls, acting all sensitive, caring and flattering and sikh girls who have not been educated by their fathers or brothers properly or have but are fooled by the guys sweet facade fall into the trap! It's sad but it happens so often!

The fact is, if sikh girls are brought up in a family with brothers and fathers they cannot respect as they themselves have no respect for anything or anyone, they're not going to want to marry a sikh guy with the same lack of values and crappy attitude which is probably all the choice they're gonna have unless they're lucky to find a genuinely good sikh.

In urban India a lot of sikh families treat their daughters as princess.Yet many of these Girls end up marrying in Non sikh homes.Despite so much love from their brothers and fathers they hate sikh image of turban and beard from their heart.Is their any answer why they do that?

One thing we have to be aware of also is , the Indian authorities have a interest in causing trouble between the Sikh and Muslim communties abroad like in the UK. Why because they know the respective communties are a threat to them in terms of lobbying the western goverments on issues such as human rights, so instead they make the enemies of the India state fight aginst each other . Indian Agencies like the BJP and RSS take advantge of this.

The last entry made by kds1980 , have you any evidence of this, there maybe a few cases, but not as many as you are trying to indicate. The fact is in India if a woman from a drifferent religion marries into another she is dead the next day.

Guest fordcapri

I think daughters need discipline, no who the boss is, at the same time haveing a good relationship with daughter

Parents should consider covert survaliance of daugters while going to and from school,college,uni.

Text message retrieval is another good one, find what shes up to.

In urban India a lot of sikh families treat their daughters as princess.Yet many of these Girls end up marrying in Non sikh homes.Despite so much love from their brothers and fathers they hate sikh image of turban and beard from their heart.Is their any answer why they do that?

/quote]

Maybe they think the grass is greener, not too sure. Oh and I forgot to say that loads of silly sikh girls look for rude boys aswell, loads of muslim boys fit into this category (I know some sikh guys do aswell, i'm just saying!) even being members of gangs etc.

But like I said most will do the whole tough around guys, sweet around girlfriend thing, which is silly cuz most are scum anyway, esp the ones who are trying to convert the girl.

And it's not just the guys either, there are muslim girls getting sikh guys to marry them and convert aswell but those guys are idiots.

Personally I haven't heard of any cases of conversion in America but I know a lot of girls who have had Muslim boyfriends because they're "better looking."

Another case that is common here is a Sikh girl will go out with a Sikh boy who has kes and eventually make him cut his kes.

So many problems with youth today. Without proper knowledge we are going no where. Kaljug is truly kicking in.

in the major city's in india they either treat their daughters second class citizens or spoil the daylights on of them

thats why i said

a father and brother must build a close relationship with open communication, you can't just order the daughter/sister around and tell her what she can or can't do cause then they will rebell against their brother and father, but with open communication you can guide them, and a father rather then working as much as he can to buy the biggest possible house and nicest cars to show off, he should rather invest that time in his daughter building her self esteem, morals, and educating her on sikhi and sikh history, and the brother rather then ignoring his sister should also take time and invest it in his sister and have open communication build her confidence and build or morals up

and at the gurdwaras 95% of gurdwaras suck at educating sikh youth on sikhi, kids get bored and hence why so many sikh youth don't go to the gurdwara or go once in a while

their some great khalsa camps now comming up but the once i went to were boring and most kids just got angry being forced to go to these camps, don't just make a kid get up early in the mournign and have them doing keertan when they rather watch cartoons, you have to make educating sikhs on sikhi fun, and educate them on how to use sikhi to build their self esteem and apply it in their lives, and educate them on our history cause damn is our history inspirational

an you can't just spoil the daughter cause your going to raise a paris hilton or daddy's lil <banned word filter activated>

and family's who think by spoiling their daughter and son would make them good our just idiots

the real question is why sikh youth has been going away from heritage?

answer :-

the parents have no time to spend with them, just forget the quality time

the parents have themselves little or no knowledge (barring a few)

of the rich heritage

The elders do not know how to give covincing logical answers to the queries

and questions of the youth & teenagers regarding religion and spirituality.

The study of religion , spirituality (and philosophy ) is not encouraged (

Actually discouraged) by the parents , thinking that it is intrusion in regular school

curricula.

Parents should consider covert survaliance of daugters while going to and from school,college,uni.

Text message retrieval is another good one, find what shes up to.

lol :lol:...covert survaliance?..perhaps we can paint our faces and disguise ourselves as bushes so that we can follow our daughters on the way to school..:ph34r:..