VaheguruJiKaKhalsa! VaheguruJiKiFateh!

With the blessings of “Nanak Guru Gobind Singh, Pooran Gur Avtar”...

It is with great pleasure that we announce Budha Dal in the UK, under the guidance of Jathedar Baba Surjeet Singh and Jathedar Baba Joginder Singh Raqba, are to hold a Mahan Jorh Mela to commemorate the lives of Singh Sahiban Jathedar Baba Chet Singh Ji and Jathedar Baba Santa Singh Ji from the 7-9th of May 2010.

There will be prominent Nihang Singhs from various Dals attending from around the world performing keertan and katha in both Punjabi and English. There will be talks on the lives of Nihang Singh Mahapursh and on the traditions and history of the Guru Khalsa Panth. There will also be several prominent Raagis from a diverse range of Sikh Sampradai and Jathebandia performing keertan. A "Jatha Nihang Singha" stall will be set up where CDs, literature, posters and framed photographs of Nihang Singh Jathedars of past and present will be available. Throughout the jorh mela there will be amritvela and evening Nitnem deevans followed by Katha from Sri Sarbloh Granth and Pracchin Panth Parkash in English.

We urge Sikhs from around the country to attend this unique event and gain blessings in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and the Guru Khalsa Panth. There will be live broadcast around the world available to view on www.NihangSingh.org

The Akhand Path starts 10am on Friday 7th of May and Bhog will be on Sunday 9th of May at 10am followed by Aarti Aarta, Keertan and Katha in Punjabi and English. The location is:

Guru Amar Das Ji Gurdwara Sahib

Clifton Road, Southall

UB2 5QP

** There will also be a photography exhibition of Nihang Singhs on display through the Samagam. **

Confirmed Kathakaars:

Jathedar Akali Baba Tarlok Singh Ji (Khyale Vale)

Giani Gudev Singh Ji (Damdami Takal)

Giani Rann Singh Ji (Head Granthi, Baba Bkala Dal)

Nihang Sher Singh UK (Budha Dal, Raqba)

Promotional Videos for the Barsi:

Video #1

Video 2#

Poster available to view on www.NihangSingh.org

It is a shame that some of our youngsters are honouring a person who stabbed the Panth in the back. When all the Sikh Panth had agreed that they did not want the GOI, to re-build the Akal Takht, as this would be an insult to all thoses Sikhs who laid there lives defending it gainst them.

The GOI, bought SANTA Singh and his band of Nihangs, to do the dirty work for them, with money from GOI. The panth did not accept this Sarkari built Akal Takht and demolished it , rebuilding it themselves.

To those honouring Santa Singh, do you really think that this person is a role model for Sikh???

It is a shame that some of our youngsters are honouring a person who stabbed the Panth in the back. When all the Sikh Panth had agreed that they did not want the GOI, to re-build the Akal Takht, as this would be an insult to all thoses Sikhs who laid there lives defending it gainst them.

The GOI, bought SANTA Singh and his band of Nihangs, to do the dirty work for them, with money from GOI. The panth did not accept this Sarkari built Akal Takht and demolished it , rebuilding it themselves.

To those honouring Santa Singh, do you really think that this person is a role model for Sikh???

Who are you? Akaal Takht Jathedar? Stop moaning, no ones going to hear you cry and throw your bottle out the pram...

The Barsi will happening, its going to happen and its starting as I type this reply. No one will dare go to the Barsi and question it, so there's no point moaning on here. If you have a problem you know what to do.

Who are you? Akaal Takht Jathedar? Stop moaning, no ones going to hear you cry and throw your bottle out the pram...

The Barsi will happening, its going to happen and its starting as I type this reply. No one will dare go to the Barsi and question it, so there's no point moaning on here. If you have a problem you know what to do.

I am only letting people know the full details of Santa Singh, to stop the barsi or not, is not something i raised.

The question l posed was, is this person an ideal role model for the Sikh Youth, i.e. one that turned his 'back' on the Panth in 1984/85.

I am only letting people know the full details of Santa Singh, to stop the barsi or not, is not something i raised.

The question l posed was, is this person an ideal role model for the Sikh Youth, i.e. one that turned his 'back' on the Panth in 1984/85.

Your welcome to attend the barsi and say all the nindya you want to everyones face.. *edited*

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Vah...such love for each other as Gursikhs. I mean both sides here.

"To those honouring Santa Singh, do you really think that this person is a role model for Sikh???"

Baba Santa Singh presented himself in front of the Akal Takht Sahib for his misdeeds and was forgiven. Maryada states that one who is forgiven is to be treated as a brother without any reservations. He did do seva of making the Sarbloh Granth Sahib available to the Panth. So sure, if there is a barsi to honor his seva, great. Perhaps you should attend to learn what he did after he was forgiven by the Akal Takht Sahib.

"jai ma da dood peeta..otherwise stay at home and paint your nails.."

Wow...open challenges inviting physical violence...Gursikhi Da Partakh Darshan. How quickly Gursikhs forget Gurbani - Gur Mere Sang Sada Hai Nalae...Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Mata Sahib Kaur must be proud of the both of you.

Vah...such love for each other as Gursikhs. I mean both sides here.

"To those honouring Santa Singh, do you really think that this person is a role model for Sikh???"

Baba Santa Singh presented himself in front of the Akal Takht Sahib for his misdeeds and was forgiven. Maryada states that one who is forgiven is to be treated as a brother without any reservations. He did do seva of making the Sarbloh Granth Sahib available to the Panth. So sure, if there is a barsi to honor his seva, great. Perhaps you should attend to learn what he did after he was forgiven by the Akal Takht Sahib.

"jai ma da dood peeta..otherwise stay at home and paint your nails.."

Wow...open challenges inviting physical violence...Gursikhi Da Partakh Darshan. How quickly Gursikhs forget Gurbani - Gur Mere Sang Sada Hai Nalae...Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Mata Sahib Kaur must be proud of the both of you.

Aja phir...me and you... now :rolleyes: . :p

My attack was at the nindya generated from behind the PC. In doing so I sarcastically attacked Punjab5 for his slandar...I'm not up for a fist fight so don't panic veerji..however I don't see why we should hold back from putting people in their place, even if it's a sikh brother

Photos from the event : http://www.sikhroots.com/

Some beautiful keertan and great katha from chardi kalaa Nihang Singhs.

Just to add, I didnt see anyone there come to question the Nihang representatives as to why Santa Singhs barsi was being commemorated as Jagmeet Singh stated above. Too many internet warriors nowadays...

"I'm not up for a fist fight so don't panic veerji..however I don't see why we should hold back from putting people in their place, even if it's a sikh brother "

Read the sakhi of Baba Bir Singh Ji from the times of Raja Ranjit Singh:

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2010/02/baba-bir-singh-jee-of-naurangabad.html

Trust me, this is very difficult to comply with...plenty of anti-Panthic people who deserve a facial re-arrangement, but we are bound by Guru's Hukam. Now, if Punj Pyare give the Hukam to "sodh" someone, that is something else entirely. But one Sikh individual/group against another is not kosher.

Gursikhi is a very high ideal...

As for you and me...the only physical contact we will make (God Willing) if we ever meet is a brotherly hug. Fir kahi "Aja phir...me and you" :lol: