Question For Bibhia

BhaiSukhSingh

Guest Guptttt

and btw women not allowed in panj pyare laugh.gif

source please rolleyes.gif

Isn't it amazing the people that put in women in Punj Pyare or support it don't have one source saying they can do it, but they want to ask the Gurmat side where is proof. I know the world works in twisted ways and your twisted thinking will work there fine, but when you come on a Sikhi site or walk into a Gurdwara take your twisted views and leave them at the door, just pick them back up at the door because surely no Gurmukh is going to take them up.

Funny how when someone has a different view than yours, they are "twisted". Let me ask you a question: How do you know 100% that your beliefs are the Truth? have you received a divine message from the Almighty? I see too many people in the world who are so quick to judge others, and think they are the only ones who aren't "twisted". I think more nimarta and less judgment is needed in the panth.

Isn't it amazing the people that put in women in Punj Pyare or support it don't have one source saying they can do it, but they want to ask the Gurmat side where is proof. I know the world works in twisted ways and your twisted thinking will work there fine, but when you come on a Sikhi site or walk into a Gurdwara take your twisted views and leave them at the door, just pick them back up at the door because surely no Gurmukh is going to take them up.

For arguments sake...if we say that there is gender equality in Sikhi then why can't a women be in the Punj?....

In short 'only five' ji, there needs to be a backed up reason for the view than women cannot be in the Punj...otherwise it can be easily classified as double standards or hypocrisy...this is the kind of question a kid may ask and to not give an explanation will only cause confusion..

Based on the maintream Sikhi that most people will first interact with there's more reasons to back women being in the Punj then against...so if people are saying women cannot do the sewa then at least back it up with reasoning...

Here is a thread where this all has been discussed.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/29695-kaurs-in-punj-piarey/page__hl__punj%20pyare__st__108

Also here is a pothi that has question and answer" Written by Baba Jaswant Singh (Student of Sant Gurbachan Singh Khalsa, DDT)

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/bhagatji/Pothi%20Files/Question%20Answer%20Pothi.pdf

The reason why Punj Pyare are always Singhs is on ang 86 of the pothi and here is an audio of the pothi

http://www.gursevak.com/questionanswer.html

For arguments sake...if we say that there is gender equality in Sikhi then why can't a women be in the Punj?....

The gender equality arguement has no stand, if it does then be prepared to say Mata Sahib Kaur ji was not willing to give her head on 1699. So be prepared to say that there was no Gurmukh woman sitting in the sangat on 1699. Are you prepared to label the Gurmukh women of that time as weak and unwilling to give their head to Guru Sahib. Remember these are the same women that wore their kids legs and arm around their necks and did not let go of Sikhi. Also be prepared to say Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji discriminated against women after the first Amrit Sanchaar because he never once put in a women in Punj Pyare di seva. First Amrit Sanchaar was 1699 and Guru Sahib left this earth in 1708, that gave him nine years to put in a woman in Punj Pyare and he didn't do it once.

Go through the thread which I presented a post above from yours and see if their is a reason given.

Based on the maintream Sikhi that most people will first interact with there's more reasons to back women being in the Punj then against...so if people are saying women cannot do the sewa then at least back it up with reasoning...

What do you mean by main stream, the so called Sikhi that Darshan laal wants everyone to follow. That's not called Sikhi, it's called Manmat. Also 3HO, who started this whole thing is not main stream Sikhi.

Lastly, just for arguement sake, where is the source that say women can be in Punj Pyare, I have given loads of credible reasons, why they can't, but not a single reason is even valid when it comes to the other side.

Guest Learning

VAHEGURU JEE KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JEE KE FATEH

Don’t mean this in a rude way, but you will get a better honest answer if you ask the bibhie in the panj pyara staright up rather than making accusations and guessing whether she does them or not.

I’m amrithdaree, and I have never plucked my eyebrows. But it looks like they have been plucked, but they are naturally shaped that way.

Its obvious why amrithdaree bibhieea pluck their eyebrows, it’s due to society and peer pressure and all that. It’s ego. A lot of sikh youth feel this need to look good for society. Forget society, instead we should be pleasing our Guru. A lot of vichaar does go out there to youth about the importance of hair, but it comes down to lack of self-esteem. I’m sure a lot of amrthdareeya bibhia and singhs have knowledge on sikhi but it comes down to having that pyaar and thirst for sikhi and maintaining that, hence that’s why a lot of the sikh youth that do keep their hair and maintain a strict rehat is because they have that pyaar and thisrt for Guru Jees Darshan.

Even if you do ask the bibhie, what are you going to do once you find out why? Only ask her if you are going to give her some vichaar about the importance of hair. Other wise, forget about wondering about stuff like that. With out a doubt, these ‘amrithdaree’ bibhia that do pluck their eye brows know why its wrong to do and still do it, even if they don’t know why its wrong, panj pyare have told them not to do it, and yet they still do.

There are lots of things ‘amrithdaree’ people get up to which they consider to be ok. We should spend more time looking at our own faults and work on improving our own guriskhi jeevan.

VAHEGURU JEE KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JEE KE FATEH

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

One thing: Suspicion can foster resentment and rumours. Some women do naturally have separated eyebrows that look "done". Please do one of two things: Either muster up the courage to ask the Bibi or put it out of your mind. You could be accusing a Gursikh of something that they did not do and causing your own mind to delve in negative thoughts that will not do you any good.

Oakeyyyyyyyyyyyyy im not looking for reasons why bibhia cant be in panj pyara and i dought anyones gonna bring it to light and dispute if this they was u reacted only 5 im not here asking if its rite or not im ASKING can Bibhia that do pluck there eyebrowsw hy they do it!!!

This is so i can understand why they do it and how they think they can justify it

Thanks !!!!

Before you accuse others of bringing up a issue, you should look at your own hand. I only responded to your post, which you believe is being objective, but it starts off with being subjective, "cool" so to blame me for your own mistakes is not a right way to respond.

but you chose to comment on other than the question at hand !!!

This topic is about eyebrows, please do not debate bibiya in panj pyare as that has been discussed many time. Stick to the topic please.

THANK YOU !!!!!!

Oakeyyyyyyyyyyyyy im not looking for reasons why bibhia cant be in panj pyara and i dought anyones gonna bring it to light and dispute if this they was u reacted only 5 im not here asking if its rite or not im ASKING can Bibhia that do pluck there eyebrowsw hy they do it!!!

This is so i can understand why they do it and how they think they can justify it

Thanks !!!!

Before you accuse others of bringing up a issue, you should look at your own hand. I only responded to your post, which you believe is being objective, but it starts off with being subjective, "cool" so to blame me for your own mistakes is not a right way to respond.

but you chose to comment on other than the question at hand !!!

Veera, if you re-read your post, you'll be able to tell you comment on the Punj Pyare thing first, but saying the following, "i ask this becuase i seen a recent pic of a bibhie in the panj pyara which i thought was cool"

When you say it was cool, that just put your own topic under subjective terms and allows anyone to comment further on Punj Pyare and if Bibian can take part.